• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
A pity indeed... Thanks for the entertainin story anyway... ;)

Thank you. It really made every day something special when I was waiting for the game.

But I have some concerns after reading this and the other AARs.

1.) If both Egypt and the Seleucids are controlled by the AI Egypt should not become crippled so fast. It was one of the major powers in real history and it should keep the Seleucids in check for gameplay reasons. Otherwise they are just too likely to become the new Rome.

2.) It seems so that Rome and Carthage are not able to seriously hurt each other. I suppose the AI does not like water very much :p .
However without a decisive strike against Carthage Rome will remain a quite unimportant faction expanding a little bit into Gaul.

3.) Aren´t civil wars too gamebreaking if you can always lose everything because most of your soldiers decide to stick to the rebels?
I see the danger that most games end because of a lost civil war - if you do not return to an older save of course :D .

What a shame this great thing has to end. King: you did a really great job, other AARs were also good but yours was just exceptional. First thing after I get my copy, I'm going to start as Macedon, do everything you did to get as close to where you ended as possible and then go on playing the way I imagined it would go.

My thanks to King of Macedon. :cool:

Story is over? I didnt even get to influence the meglomaniacal decisions!

Thanks. Was a nice read!

King said:
Edit: I have some bad news. I have been given a new version and won't be able to continue this game. :( I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

Thats good and bad news, sad the story is ending but happy to hear about a "new version"...

Testing out a release day patch are we ;)

A shame to hear that it is over. It was a very well done story, King. :cool:

You will have to do a new AAR with the new version. :D :D :D

Stratege said:
Thank you. It really made every day something special when I was waiting for the game.

But I have some concerns after reading this and the other AARs.

1.) If both Egypt and the Seleucids are controlled by the AI Egypt should not become crippled so fast. It was one of the major powers in real history and it should keep the Seleucids in check for gameplay reasons. Otherwise they are just too likely to become the new Rome.

2.) It seems so that Rome and Carthage are not able to seriously hurt each other. I suppose the AI does not like water very much :p .
However without a decisive strike against Carthage Rome will remain a quite unimportant faction expanding a little bit into Gaul.

3.) Aren´t civil wars too gamebreaking if you can always lose everything because most of your soldiers decide to stick to the rebels?
I see the danger that most games end because of a lost civil war - if you do not return to an older save of course :D .

With regards to #3:

Don't forget that you can always reload as the rebels too, once your cause is lost, and continue on!

King said:
Started a bit later today which is why you have heard form till after Lunch. For the General I do have a plan, let's hope it works.

Edit: I have some bad news. I have been given a new version and won't be able to continue this game. :( I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

Will you do another one, or no?

GeneralHannibal said:

Not at the moment, I am getting prepared from Rome release on Tuesday. That is going to take a lot of my time I am afraid.

GeneralHannibal said:
Fear not, GH. While we'd love to see another by King (hint, hint) I imagine the place will start filling up with new AARs not long after the Tuesday release. :D