• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I follow your Lithuanian AAR I will also follow this one.Good luck

Thank you! I hope it will surprise you :)

Are you mad?

Subscribed.

No, just crazy :wacko:

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on this. Pretty impressive what you did with Lithuania, but if you can pull this off...

Well, Lithuanian campaign gave me more experience and confidence. I also learned some more mistakes AI does.

Then we must consider Irregular possibilities such as you being a demigod of this game able to influence the game in ways we can't under stand.

You all demigods in this game because we can predict the future ;) We also can predict AI reactions which really helps when you play a small country. Besides we know well defined game rules which is very difficult to spot in a real life.

Preparations up to 1 July 1937

Intelligence:

I continue keeping 10 spies in the Netherlands.

Technology:

In March 1937, the first research results are achieved. I continue researching Operational Level Organisation, Industry Efficiency and Construction Engineering.

370701technology.jpg

370701technology2.jpg

Diplomacy:

The Netherlands’ threat is increased to 21% and Luxembourg’s neutrality is already 82%.

370701diplomacy.jpg

Production:

On 1 February 1937, two Medium Tank licences are bought from France for about $300. You cannot buy more than 2 brigades at a time because of the MP issue. Licensed brigades are always reserves. When you buy them AI counts MP needed for fully mobilised brigades but when brigades are already bought only fraction depending on conscription laws is taken from MP pool. I had more than 5 MP (2 ARM = 4.4 MP) but now more than 4 remains. It is possible to buy quite a few licensed brigades even with a small country with a low MP base in this way.

370701production1.jpg

370701production2.jpg

Last edited:
On 1 February 1937, two Medium Tank licences are bought from France for about $300. You cannot buy more than 2 brigades at a time because of the MP issue. Licensed brigades are always reserves. When you buy them AI counts MP needed for fully mobilised brigades but when brigades are already bought only fraction depending on conscription laws is taken from MP pool. I had more than 5 MP (2 ARM = 4.4 MP) but now more than 4 remains. It is possible to buy quite a few licensed brigades even with a small country with a low MP base in this way.

If they show up as reserves, won't you then still need manpower on hand to get them fully mobilized when you're at war?

Preparations up to 1 January 1938

Intelligence:

I try keeping 10 spies in the Netherlands but Dutch began hunting them down.

380101int.jpg

Technology:

Further research breakthroughs occurred. I began research of Electronic and Mechanical Engineering so could later research faster.

380101technology.jpg

Diplomacy:

The Netherlands’ threat is increased to 29% and Luxembourg’s neutrality is already 75%. It means sometime in May economic laws could be changed.

380101diplomacy.jpg

Production:

As you can see from the picture below, tank an engineer brigades could have been completed already but I stopped producing them just before the completion. My objective is to complete all brigades at the same time at the right moment. The completion would give me practical experience. This could be very useful to any other game but not to Luxembourg. Instead I will leave it as it is in order to gain a benefit of an exploit I will reveal later.

380101production.jpg

Japan attacked China in July 1937. Soon after, Shanxi and Communist China fell. Nationalist China is in a big trouble too.

380101jap.jpg

Last edited:
Preparations up to 1 July 1938

Intelligence:

10 spies in the Netherlands are restored. Dutch again forget them

380701int.jpg

Technology:

Another step in the Operational Level Organisation was reached.

380701technology.jpg
380701technology2.jpg

Diplomacy:

Luxembourg’s neutrality is already 68%. Economic laws are changed to the Basis Mobilisation on 16 May 1938. The next upgrade is within next 3 months.

380701pol.jpg

380701diplomacy.jpg

Production:

Due to the increased industrial efficiency brigades are built faster and at less expense. Also because of the increased industrial capacity, due to the better economic laws, an excess capacity is transferred to the producing of a transport fleet. Yes, transport fleet – the future of Luxembourg navy! Transport ships will be towed by Luxembourg tanks to Den Haag or Amsterdam.

Funnily, Luxemburg has a few admirals. I wonder what navies they used to command.

380701production.jpg

just a question, but how are ya gonna fight a war with 5 manpower and 10 IC?

" Valor is superior to number." Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Actually, Luxembourg’s industrial output between 1936 and 1940 is larger than Lithuania’s and Latvia’s combined together.

If they show up as reserves, won't you then still need manpower on hand to get them fully mobilized when you're at war?

In normal circumstances that is the case but in Luxembourg’s case, an exploit will be handy.

On 18 January 1938, Japan annexes Nationalist China and Xibei San Ma on 18 April 1938. On 10 March 1938, Germany annexes Austria. The war in Europe is looming.

380701jap.jpg

Last edited:
I can't believe you're really going through with this. You're nuts. I love it.

let me guess the exploit.

if you complete the builds after your at war, they deploy fully mobilized, not as reserves?

Preparations up to 1 January 1939

Intelligence:

I continue keeping 10 spies in the Netherlands. The Netherlands threat is already 46.2.

Technology:

By the end of the year a new level of Industrial Efficiency is reached.

390101technology.jpg

Diplomacy:

In September, Full Economic Mobilisation reached. Luxembourg’s neutrality is already just above 60%. It means another change in economic laws will be in January 1939.

390101diplomacy.jpg

Production:

The industrial capacity is increased even more due to new policies. Soon new armoured brigades will be bought from France.

let me guess the exploit.
if you complete the builds after your at war, they deploy fully mobilized, not as reserves?

This is a good guess. Conditions of the exploit are: you must be at war, choose the “Service by Requirement”, wait one day for the law to be implemented and complete and deploy units. The cost of the production would increase immediately but the completion time remains the same. A downside of this tactics is that the units start the war with no organisation and the production and deployment takes about a week.

These could be not all conditions but for Luxembourg it does not matter.

390101production.jpg

Germany annexes a part of Czechoslovakia on 30 September.

390101czech.jpg

It is hard to keep secrets from such seasoned generals. You already see some parts of a picture of what is going to happen. Well, some plans leaked and the Minister of Security should take care of the traitors.

I can't believe you're really going through with this. You're nuts. I love it.

Loving this, get a couple regiments together to invade somewhere like Denmark, Cuba or Haiti.

Transports = colonial empire?

I'm glad to see the emergence of the mighty Luxembourgish fleet

I might look crazy but not crazy enough to fight the Axis and Allies in Europe ;)

I would like to attack Americas but the Neutrality level does not allow declaring war against them. I need them to join the Allies first. The plan is to claim what rightfully belongs to Luxembourg – West Indies and Dutch ex colony South Africa. Luxembourgers are going to repeat Vasco da Gama’s journey.

I also thought about Canada and Australia but Canada is too big for two Luxembourgian divisions and Australia has too many VP location for quick conquest. Nevertheless, suggestions are welcome.

so a bunch of units will come out of Luxemburgian secret factories ...
but won't Germany dow you at one point or another?

I only see one thing that bugs me there...I cant see your border with The Netherlands....

Carthage and Rome had no border but Hannibal invaded Rome anyway ;)

so a bunch of units will come out of Luxemburgian secret factories ...
but won't Germany dow you at one point or another?

Yes... unless I do nothing about it...

Germany's DOW would destroy the game anyway because Luxembourg would remain at war with the Allies and be member of the Allies after Germany's DOW - a bug.

Love this idea, subscribed!

You welcome!

Mnplastic as far as I know you CAN'T attack countries from countries that you have Military Access.So if what I say is true you can't attack the Netherlands.That means you are screwed.:eek:o

P.S. If you actually manage to do this...I will sit naked in the classroom and pretend like nothing happened :)

Are you a girl?

Carthage and Rome had no border but Hannibal invaded Rome anyway ;)

Was Hannibal operating under HoI3 supply mechanics where you can't supply your separated territories via foreign country if you aren't in a faction with the said country?

Mnplastic as far as I know you CAN'T attack countries from countries that you have Military Access.So if what I say is true you can't attack the Netherlands.That means you are screwed.:eek:o

AFAIK you can attack, you just can't get supply through.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.