• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't just give the scripters a free pass. These are outright bugs that should be addressed.

Bugs?

Do you want fries with that?

Scripts don't foresee Luxemburgs as a candidate for WC so they break down.
I'll better go back to the Zoggists and see how they do or is that also an otherworldly experience, currently at '37 :)

Bugs?

I'll better go back to the Zoggists and see how they do or is that also an otherworldly experience, currently at '37 :)

A WC as Luxmenburg¡ That´s a challenge and not a WC with Ryukyu.

Preparations up to 1 January 1940

Technology:

Industrial Efficiency increases and following Electronic and Mechanical breakthrough I start development of Radio Technology. Radios increase fighting efficiency by 10%.

400101technology.jpg

Diplomacy:

Germany begins mobilising its army on 5 September 1939 and attacks Poland on 3 October 1939. The Soviet Union on the same day attacks Finland and Luxembourg is the only country in the World that officially supports Finland and declares war on the Soviet Union.

400101war.jpg

Luxembourg changes policies to the war policies. 90% national union allows the Heavy Industry Emphasis.

400101mobilisation.jpg

Finland surrenders on 17 October 1939 after two weeks of fighting. The Soviets this time done very well.

400101warfin.jpg

On 1 November 1939, Luxembourg begins mobilisation and ends it on 6 November 1939. 15,000 Luxembourgers are mobilised into two panzerwagen divisions. Luxembourg had population of about 290,000 people in 1940. At the same time NCOs are conscripted too.

The completion of unfinished units begins one day after the implementation of the Service by Requirement. I complete only land units and leave Transport fleets uncompleted yet. Three Transport fleets are to be completed later.

400101wardeployment.jpg

Poland surrenders on 13 November 1939 after 6 weeks of fighting. I would say a historical result.

400101warpol.jpg

Germany declares war on Denmark on 6 December 1939 and Denmark holds out until 21 December 1939. Danish did very well.

400101warden.jpg

By the end of December 1939, Luxembourgian divisions are almost filled with NCOs. Luxembourg is almost ready for the war against the Allies. I am waiting for the improvement of the Operational Level Organisation which should be completed on 14 January 1940. Every hour of delay could be crucial!

400101diplomacy.jpg

Politics:

CSV win elections on 1 January 1940. Actually there was a chance for Fascists to win elections and change government type which would have removed the Queen as the Head of the State.

400101election.jpg

Last edited:
Isn't Emile Speller a bit overtaxed with the ministry of the Luxembourg Grand Navy in addition to the Army?

I'm more worried about Joseph Beck having too many duties, seeing as how he heads the Government, Foreign Department, and the Ministry of Security. We all know spies from all across the world are entering Luxembourg, and everyone is trying to get an alliance there as well ;)

I wouldn't just give the scripters a free pass. These are outright bugs that should be addressed.

I should address them but probably later :)

Bugs?

Actually the same problem could be with any other country on Germany's way: Norway, Denmark, The Netherlands and Belgium if a player decides to attack the Allies without joining any faction.

A WC as Luxmenburg¡ That´s a challenge and not a WC with Ryukyu.

Actually I because of your comments I found out what is about Ryukyu now :)

Isn't Emile Speller a bit overtaxed with the ministry of the Luxembourg Grand Navy in addition to the Army?

Yeah it is really hard to control a non existent navy AND a "HUGE" army like Luxembourg has :p

especially given the number of armoured barges and rowing boats that Luxembourg will deploy on the Rhine

Pictures of Luxembourg Field Marshal and Admiral during the recent Army and Navy maneuvers:

400101generals.jpg

I'm more worried about Joseph Beck having too many duties, seeing as how he heads the Government, Foreign Department, and the Ministry of Security. We all know spies from all across the world are entering Luxembourg, and everyone is trying to get an alliance there as well ;)

I will make sure he has less Ministries to rule :)

Luxembourg’s Invasion on 14 January 1940

War Against the Allies

"The ultimate risk is not taking risk." Sir James Goldsmith (1933 – 1997)

On 9 January 1940, South Africa joins the Allies. This is very good for Luxembourg. Why, you will see later.

Luxembourg’s army becomes ready on 12 January 1940. It begins to move to Belgium at 2 am. The time is crucial. The Luxembourg army must be in Belgium at 1-2 am on 1940. The estimated arrival time shows nonsense because in the winter time units move slower during the night time. I think December is the worst for the offensive because night time is the longest and it is very hard to estimate arrival properly.

I chose the 1. Panzerwagendivision because the 1st and 2nd armour brigades are faster than 3rd and 4th but the 3rd and 4th brigades have better armour and guns. They are better for the defence.

400117warlux1.jpg

The 1. Panzerwagendivision arrives to Belgium at 2 am on 14 January 1940. On the same day Luxembourg gains another level of Operational Level Organisation. Now, there is one thing which many of you did not know. A unit which arrives into a neutral territory remains fully supplied until 12am. It means the 1. Panzerwagendivision must leave Belgium before 11pm. In order to do so I use Strategic Redeployment to the Netherlands as I already have transit rights to the Netherlands it is not a problem.

With the Strategic Redeployment the 1. Panzerwagendivision can arrive in less than in a day. At 7pm I change the Strategic Redeployment to the normal movement.

400117warlux2.jpg

At 9pm Luxembourg declares war to the Netherlands and at 10pm enters Dutch territory transferring all necessary supplies to Maastricht directly from Luxembourg.

400117warlux3.jpg

The Netherlands are completely unprepared. A HQ based in Eindhoven leaves the town. Due to the Strategic Redeployment the 1. Panzerwagendivision cannot move until 8pm on 17 January 1940. At 8pm the division is subdivided into two smaller divisions. The 3. Panzerwagendivision moves first to Amsterdam and two hours later the 1. Panzerwagendivision follows the 1st one.

French dare not to attack!

400117warlux4.jpg

Last edited:
That is the most gutsy move I've ever seen, assuming British honor the guarantee. I think if you do pull off the World Conquest, we should just retire the HOI AAR thread since no one would ever be able to top it :)

What I'd like to see is a Hitler Rants parody titled "Hitler finds out Luxembourg conquered the Netherlands."

Everybody Hates Luxembourg

War Against the World

"I began revolution with 82 men. If I had to do it again, I do it with 10 or 15 and absolute faith. It does not matter how small you are if you have faith and plan of action." Fidel Castro (1926 -)

At 4am on 19 January 1940, the 3. Panzerwagendivision captures Eindhoven without a single casualty. Dutch attempt to stop Luxembourgers fails. As you can see, Dutch attempts to deploy one division to Eindhoven which is spoiled by advancing Luxembourgian troops. If the Operational Level Organisation has been lower it is unclear if Luxembourgers could reach Eindhoven before Dutch.

Due to the fighting the 3. Panzerwagendivision requires reorganisation but moves to ‘s-Hertogenbosch. The 1. Panzerwagendivision arrives just after the battle 1 hour later and continues the advancing towards Amsterdam without a delay.

One day later the 2. Panzerwagendivision and Luxembourg Army Head Quarters begin redeployment from Luxembourg to Eindhoven.

400123lux1.jpg

At 10am on 21 January, the 1. Panzerwagendivision attacks Amsterdam and wins the battle again without a single casualty. The division is split further to an armoured brigade and engineer’s brigade. The tanks move to abandoned Amsterdam and engineers to Leida.

On 23 January, Dutch attack the 3. Panzerwagendivision at ‘s-Hertogenbosch. The first 4 Luxembourger’s lose their lives and the division retreats to Urtecht and its place is taken by the 2. Panzerwagendivision which stops the Dutch advance at a cost of 5 more lives.

400123lux2.jpg

On 23 January 1940, Luxembourgers capture Amsterdam – the capital of the Netherlands and first port under Luxembourgian control.

On the same day Luxembourg declares war against treacherous Axis. Luxembourg says “Stop to Bullying” around the world.

The attack on Germany is necessary in order to avoid its attack later on which would break the game. There is also another good reason which will be explained in the next chapter.

400123lux3.jpg

400123map.jpg

well I suppose it makes sense, you've just finished off the might of the Dutch army (actually it doesn't look that finished yet), so why not Germany

from your screenshots they don't seem to be overly well deployed to stop your armoured drive on Berlin?

Status
Not open for further replies.