• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

otteN_

Recruit
9 Badges
May 23, 2022
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Prison Architect
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
I just got the "New World Order" achievement where you make the entire world fascist and I started out as Luxembourg.

2022-05-23-183913_1920x1080_scrot.png

• 4Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
My first steps as tiny Luxembourg was to research Strategic Bombers and go for the 3 free military factories, meaning by mid/late 1936 I was building Bombers with 4 factories total, no guns. I used my first 150PP to get the Fascist Advisor since I had to be in the axis before the war started. Other things before 1940 didn't really matter much, I got some civilian factories from decisions so I could trade for aluminum and rubber to get more bombers. Building anything at this point doesn't matter so you can use all civilian factories for trade. Getting the 3rd research slot ASAP will help long term since you're going to be behind in research a lot with only 2 research slots as a base. Important to also research naval invasions and subs, or any other ship type that can help to get a bit of naval superiority, at this point.

When Germany attacked Poland I had 200 bombers and I joined the war immediately and started bombing eastern Poland and Southern France to get war score. By the time Germany invaded The Benelux I had about 70% war score so when Germany took their first dutch territory I immediately requested control of it, which Germany granted happily because of my huge war score. All other conquests in Western Europe went to me because Germany attacked from the territory I requested so I got a lot of territory for free. Vichy France didn't even happen, I got it all. Meaning I could form the Benelux which gave me more cores and i had control of all of France.

For the next part I think I had 'some' luck since I had to end the war ASAP because bombing war score doesn't scale well long term, you will get 1000/1000 score on it and after that I am pretty sure bombing does not add anything. I also did not want to have to invade the US to end the war so it was important to invade the UK right away. If the war doesn't end I can't leave the Axis to form my next country, The European Union.

So I pumped out 48 divisions by training 2x24 1 battalion Cavalry divisions and converting them to old school 20 width divisions. I equipped them by asking for Lend Lease, I improved relations with all Non Aligned Eastern Europe and Middle Eastern countries and got a lot of equipment in one go from them and my Fascist Allies. I put 1 army on a naval invasion order from Friesland to the middle of the UK so I did not have to cross the channel. I put some planes I got from capitulated countries to naval and port bomb and I started making subs.

It took some time, somewhere end of 1940 if I remember correctly, but somehow I got naval control of the North Sea, this might be the luck part since you need the German fleet to be out to help you get control. Making sure Norway is capitulated will help the Axis get better control of the North Sea. Anyway my invasion went off and my 48 divisions took the UK out without a problem. I did go to around 25% war score by this point so when the peace deal fired both Germany and Italy had more points so the peace deal was not as good as I had hoped, I did get the north of France, The Benelux & some puppets across the globe. I also puppeted the UK on a tiny island so I could take their fleet later on when I annexed them. I actually was weaker after the deal than before it but at least I could now leave the Axis.

I did so right away but I think this was not the best move. My next step was to take over Italy and Germany and go democratic to form the EU, I was planning to attack the Axis after Barbarossa but it never happened. I think because I left the alliance too soon and Germany now did not trust me anymore. Luckily The USSR attacked Romania in 1943/1944 so that saved my plan, I could never have taken the Axis alone.

By this time I installed the democratic advisor and attacked the Axis. I think I had 5 full armies (green army group) at this point of which one was a motorized one to create some nice pockets. I had probably started on my red army group so maybe 7-8 full armies would be more accurate. My general infantry was my usual 21 width infantry consisting of 10 infantry battalions, 1 AA battalion, Engineers, Hospitals, Logistics, Artillery support & Rocket artillery support. Which is a good enough division with Superior Firepower to reliably beat the AI infantry divisions.

I pushed to the southern coast of France so I had my first big Italian pocket in the south-west of France. Once this was liquidated I pushed on a big front invading Germany and Italy. I actually lost my home of Luxembourg a couple of times before I finally pushed the front lines away from my home country so I am sure some atrocities happened there at the hands of the Germans but in the end I was victorious and was able to take all the territory I needed to form the EU, and some more. I had more war score than the USSR.

At this point it was 1946 and I was the dominant power in the world, now I just needed 5 more years to take the USSR, Japan, the US and a ton of annoying tiny countries. I also flipped back to fascist after I formed the European Union since I decided this game deserved an achievement and the only one I could take was the "New World Order" one.

This is how I took the world with Luxembourg. I had one more screenshot after I formed the EU and was at war with the USSR in 1946.

2022-05-21-180632_1920x1080_scrot.png

Last edited:
  • 5Like
Reactions: