• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Jun 28, 2008
Poster.jpg

"You can bet your ass I'm doing WC." - Charlotte

Alright, welcome to the AAR. This is a contest between me and Storm501 to see who can succeed in the impossible, even if we consider the fact this is Vanilla. A WC with Luxembourg. Call us insane, call us retards for even trying, but bite our shiny metal ass, we are going to show that the impossible is possible without cheating and I for one demand tribute if I succeed :D Anyway, here is a little more info for you guys.

Title: "Luxembourg, Unite! The day of reckoning is at hand and we shall not falter!"
Storytelling: Gameplay
Difficulty: Normal/Normal, no IC/TT tech over.
Version: Vanilla, DD+ARM 1.3 Beta. No graphical enchantment, although I might download later.
Perks: When the pig's shall fly.
Ultimate Goal: World Conquest. Yes, including Germany and USSR and not as allies.
Biggest Disadvantage: No reloading :D
Update: Soon.

Bite_My_Shiny_Metal_Ass_by_Red_Flare.jpg

Bender said it best my friend :D

The one that wins I will call the GREATEST PWNZOR IN TEH HISTOREI OF HOI2 and the second one shall just be retarted.
I hope this will motivate you :D GL
Oh, and btw *subscribes*

Oh yeah, I will be following this one veery closely. ;)

Poster.jpg

Chapter I: "The trial's ahead"

IstOverview.jpg

Overview of our surroundings. I'st of January '36

Sigh....Alright, now that I have willingly turned on my death sentence by going with this, let's see what we can do so Charlotte can host tea parties in Moscow. First off, I'll need some proper defensive set up to defend myself against either Germany or France. I'm tempted to start off and build a factory, since that will allow me two simultaneous build's of militias at the same time, not to mention allowing me to build one infantry division without having to make any compromises, but I'll keep my urge in check for now. First off, I need some real anti-air support to help out the Germans by denting the allied planes. And this is when the first bitch slap occurs.

ManpowerIssueI.jpg
ManpowerIssueII.jpg
ManpowerIssueIII.jpg

DUN.......................................DUN.................DUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!

............................Shit..............I need manpower for everything, freaking thing to build thanks to the latest patches, and I have 0 manpower, meaning I can't build crap until I can somehow raise it. The agricultural techs won't do crap at this point in time, so I consider researching them a waste of precious time for now. How the hell can I get out of.......No, I ain't going to do that! Ugh.........fine. Damn you paradox! :mad:

Sniff.jpg

I just disbanded my only infantry division for 3 manpower.....Pinch me and wake me up from this nightmare.

Thee shall be avenged, noble division. Not now, nor tomorrow, but I pledge I shall not rest until you can rest in peace. Anyway, after we get over that morbid momment, It's time I put that 3 manpower, as well as the extra supplies that come with it, to good use. First off, diplomacy.

I am not interested at all in the allies considering that I have no ability to take control over their forces, so it's safer for me to throw my lot with the axis, even though this is going to bring me to a annoying land lock sooner or later due to their Blitzkrieg. It's better than siding with the French and Brits anyhow. Anyhow, here is a quick overview of my actions.

IstResearch.jpg

First off, technology. Even though the industry branch is completely useless to me for the moment, since 5% should result something along the lines of 0.02 IC, it will help in the long run once I'm able to buy off Belgium and the Netherlands from Germany, as well as allow me to invest even if a little more into supplies and/or cash. The bad part, is that Luxembourg only has two tech teams. The first, meaning the one I'm using, is useful for the Manufacturing tree, while the other for the Cryptography. Unfortunately, the second tech team will disappear in a few years, so I will have to rush the first two research speed techs.

Production.jpg

Next is production. Let's face it, there is no way I can field an army. Even a freaking militia unit takes away from me 5 mp, and by disbanding that infantry I only got 3. Yes, you can call me stupid, but I rather have those troops working on AA's rather then dying at the hands of Allied Bombers. Also, even though the AA's will be finished rather quick, my manpower will hit once again zero. As you could of guessed by now, my strategy is to offer the Germans a forward base of operations and and protect their ass from Allied planes in the meantime. If I am lucky, they will grab Metz and Arlon/Reimes for me in the process. If not, I can always buy them later.

Slider1-1.jpg

That way Dumbass.

Finally, politics. As you observed, I made my first slider move towards a more Authoritarian government. I have 3 more moves before the Germans declare war on me, and I am in all honestly not expecting to succed in entering their alliance by that time, but I shall at least try to. This as well, lowers my consumer goods demands and I should get a extra buck out of the whole thing in the process.

Isttrade.jpg

This shouldn't come as a surprise to anybody. I need that energy to keep me out of a deficit and as well, I should get my relationship to +50 due to the trading effect. It's a long shot, but if I am able to get Fascist by the time I get +50 relationship, I should be able to join their alliance, with a percentage of around 15-20 I presume.

That concludes the overview of Luxembourg. I can safely say I will fail miserably, but at least It would make me smile for decades to come.

Let's at least TRY to get optimistic... Well... Em... You'll get 1 manpower in just 4 months! And if everything will go OK, and year will remain in 12 months, this will give you 3 manpower a year! Wow, a real suprise! So you could build militia in year and a half...
Let's face it, you're totally screwed.

Damn straight. As long as the German AI is smart enough to send some troops my way, I should be safe though.

The AI is apparently much smarter though. My last test game with MP cheat, I had 5 '39 infantry divisions with Great war artillery and 6 militias. They managed somehow to get Belgium into their alliance quickly, steamrolled to their north, cut me off from the German's and left me to defend myself with my troops and 3 Light Panzer divisions. I almost lost everything if not for the German counter attack into the Netherlands and the Maginot line.

The AI is apparently much smarter though. My last test game with MP cheat, I had 5 '39 infantry divisions with Great war artillery and 6 militias. They managed somehow to get Belgium into their alliance quickly, steamrolled to their north, cut me off from the German's and left me to defend myself with my troops and 3 Light Panzer divisions. I almost lost everything if not for the German counter attack into the Netherlands and the Maginot line.

This is truly hopefull!
And there is a chance that France will get the "Lazy Ass Invasion" doctrine from Italy, so hang on there! :D

Ok who will decide who won ?

Who ever gets annexed first loses eh :D

No seriously lets put an end date and a jury to decide who won

I'd say that the winner is the one who succeeds with a WC sooner :D. Or gets more Victory points at end date. We're not talking about failure here, Luxembourgers don't fail.

Luxembourg hacks. If you take that away from Luxembourg, their screwed D:

Wow, your big plan is to build AA... then you should research the AA techs too... I'm going more with the land forts, hopefully that the Allied fighters, forest and dug in bonuses will save me. :)

HoIwiki said:
You could try getting an alliance with Germany so that they conquer France through your territory, giving you French provinces. This will not work with some of the patches, unfortunately (1.2 and up?), as Germany will not take provinces for you just by passing through your country.
But this is not good news for either of us. :(