• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The laws of spirituality work differently in the LI metaverse. You have to accept that once a religion is born, it tends to linger somewhere and somehow, if even in a peripherical forgotten place, if even in a new form, generally getting closer to monotheism and solar cult. We just have to accept this different reality, which is the basic tenant of how religions have evolved.
So... does that mean there's some solar deity influencing the development of religions?

@Mitusonator I have sent you an invitation for our Github.

Now what does it mean to change the soul? You need to look in the new Matrix line 208 and look at features. Many features are recorded in the 00_religions.txt. Then you need to change the LI_scripted_triggers.txt. Then look carefully at each feature in the Matrix: some may be in other files like events related to conversion and others. This change is an important undertaking.

@Mitusonator I have sent you an invitation for our Github.

Now what does it mean to change the soul? You need to look in the new Matrix line 208 and look at features. Many features are recorded in the 00_religions.txt. Then you need to change the LI_scripted_triggers.txt. Then look carefully at each feature in the Matrix: some may be in other files like events related to conversion and others. This change is an important undertaking.
Hmm I haven't received anything yet. Everything is done I just can't push it. BTW sorry if I have done something wrongly but I sacrified my free day to do this thing :p So feel free to revert that if you like ;)

I'm curious about the rationale behind classifying Mu'tazil Islam as clerical. If the emphasis is on interpretation through knowledge and reason rather than sacred precedent, it would seem to be that a scholarly soul would be more fitting. I suppose Ilmi already has that covered, but surely something could still be done to differentiate them.

@Numahr I'm fiddling around with a small sub-mod that adds a few nonhistorical cults (and succession laws unique to them, utilizing the new Holy Fury elective options). I've downloaded the Matrix linked in the first posts - is this public version the most current version available? It does seem very up-to-date at first glance, with a column for Blood Sacrifice (though empty). I'd like to work off the latest set of modifiers while I build the religions to be fully integrated/dependent on SELIN, especially if there is a version with some changes related to Holy Fury.

Actually, I'm currently building the mod for Vanilla so it can be tested and iterated on while LI is being made compatible with Holy Fury, but the design will be based on SELIN so it will fit in nicely in the LI world and be more easily ported when the time comes.

Last edited: