• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I made a few edits for grammar and bracket commands and added that to the end of 1_vanillaedits.csv, but I fear it may end up being too long for even a narrative event window.

Since Arinniti's a sun goddess, how about a sun icon for arinnitifavor trait?

I was referring to the religious reform text, I haven't taken a good look at the Chattousa construction text edits you made yet.

First cut on a Seek Arinniti's Favor decision:
Code:
	seek_arinnitis_favor = {
		is_high_prio = yes
		potential = {
			is_ruler = yes
			is_adult = yes
			culture_group = luwian
			has_global_flag = chattousa_rebuilt
			NOT = { has_character_flag = rejected_by_arinniti }
		}
		allow = {
			piety = 1000
			b_hagiasophia = {
				any_liege = ROOT
				holder_scope = {
					religion = ROOT
				}
			}
			b_lisdra = {
				any_liege = ROOT
				holder_scope = {
					religion = ROOT
				}
			}
			b_jerusalem = {
				any_liege = ROOT
				holder_scope = {
					religion = ROOT
				}
			}
			b_tavia = {
				any_liege = ROOT
				holder_scope = {
					religion = ROOT
				}
			}
			b_tella = {
				any_liege = ROOT
				holder_scope = {
					religion = ROOT
				}
			}
		}
		effect = {
			narrative_event = {
				id = seek_arinnitis_favor.1
			}
		}
		ai_will_do = {
			factor = 1
			modifier = {
				factor = 0
				NOT = {
					learning = 8
				}
			}
		}
	}

Hum... the "rejected_by_arinniti" hints at something interesting ;)

Now beware that in my view, constructing the temple gives irinnitifavorite trait already, which is the first step (you see it given in my code); the second step is to become "Consort in Flesh" (Sol being the Divine Consort, see timeline year 726).

So either your event replaces the effect of constructing the temple, it is a substitute in case the chance was missed, or it is the 2nd step and Seek her favors means... what it means. The kind of requiring triggers that you put here, in my mind, would correspond to that 2nd step, "Become Arinniti's consort in flesh".

One point that is not clear is what to do with family if you do so. Leo III was assassinated by his "secretly Christian mistress" says the timeline. So it seems like when you are Arinniti's consort in flesh, you should not have another official wife. Or else your wife could be "Irinniti in flesh", like the Attalid princess Irene (see year 795). All this would require cautious design before even coding anything, that is why I had stopped at the first step "Arinnitii's favorite".

In any case if you have ideas, please go ahead...

Last edited:
What I was thinking was entering into a period of fasting and meditation (timed pilgrimage) during which the bishops would ask you probing questions (ethical dilemma type questions) so Arinniti could better see into your soul, which would basically be flavor (no right answer) or choice of vice/virtue. If an MTTH event whose timing is influenced by vices, virtues and other factors like learning fires during the fast, you receive the Favor of Arinniti; if the fast ends without that event firing, you have been rejected as unworthy, and you will have to leave it to your successors to try again.

I could recode the decision to only be available if you have chattousa_rebuilt but not chattousa_temple, and leave the holy site requirements for a third decision. That would make it a second chance to receive Arinniti's favor.

Edit: Oh, by the way, what are the virtues and vices for Luwian group religions? Do they differ from the Christian virtues and vices? Any other traits Arinniti would view favorably or unfavorably?

Not having an official wife would be a major disadvantage in CK2. It would be better to create an avatar of Arinniti to be your official wife. Naturally, having a wandering eye while married to Arinniti in the flesh would have... negative consequences.

Last edited:
That sounds like a wonderful chain of events really...

Here is what I suggest: have constructing the temple make it possible to make the decision. In case someone missed the opportunity and built chattousa without temple, there should be an exit way: the city, as well as the temple, could be further built each at every generation. So if your grandfather built the Royal Temple, your father built the city, you can build the temple and thus get access to the decision.

This way we make it rather difficult, but we do not bury it under impossible conditions (let's think of players who will play Luwian but who will not have read these lines... they should get to the decision if they play well otherwise what a waste of fine coding!)

Finally. Clearly through the divine inspiration of Arinniti we put something in motion, which looks like the LI-version of the Persepolis / Saoshyant feature. What I mean is that why not replicating the event for other religions... (well, the reconstruction decision is already designed for a couple of others anyway).

OK I need to get back at HS location as this is the blocking factor right now...

West African Religious Structure and Holy Sites

And let's explore further Holy Sites of the African continent, after yesterday's map of the Berber religions started to unveil this little-known area of LI...

Holy_Sites_2014_08_11_West_African.png

Last edited:
For West African, you have two sites labeled 1 and none labeled 3. And you have the West African reformed religion listed on the East African map, without any East African reformed religions.

Also on the East African map, you didn't indicate the holy site for Nyau (there is no site marked with an x), and misspelled Buluuli as Buhuli.

Last edited:
West and East African complete.

I co-opted the Optimist trait icon (which is a sun) for use as Favored of Arinniti's trait icon.

What are the vices and virtues for Luwian religions? What other traits would Arinniti find favorable or unfavorable?

Listen, I've thought overnight on this. An important thing to consider is the Soul of the Luwian religion. It is now Statist. It means that the clergy is organized as a tool for State-building. Considering this, I would suggest:

- creating an independant Head for Luwian (this is for FG: during all these years, the grand aspect of Luwian faith has been preserved because of this);

- but assuming that this Head has a complex role of legitimation towards Luwian rulers;

- meaning that, for this process to work, relations with the Head would be key, as he would determine whether he is ready to "break the canon" and organize the appropriate religious ceremonies -> relations with Head would be key, they should be super high (why not 100) to work;

- morale authority would determine the MTTH and would represent the efforts made to have this initiative accepted by the clergy and followers. At some point (event with MTTH influenced by MA + other things), the clergy qnd Luwian followers would feel "ready" for it and the event would pop up;

- in the meanwhile, the player could try to increase MA by standard ways (conquest of HS, so let's not consider it as a trigger as it will be anyway necessary to increase the probability of the validation event);

- this being said, specific traits could help in reducing the MTTH: I think the best is to consider graeco-roman "pagan" ethos (so for example forget about celibate as a positive trait, actually a display of virility can help in convincing that you are up to Arinniti's expectations...). In practice it looks almost like the list of "Pagan virtues" we made up some time ago...

For easy reference:
well that would be fun... Let us see:
(I try 1. to mirror the existing system and 2. to avoid creating traits)

Virtue / "Sin" (well, not technically a sin, but negative trait)
Lustful / Chaste (inverted)
Gluttonous / Temperate (inverted)
Generous / Greedy (slight change of the virtue, non existing trait ATM: a beefed-up version of charitable, like the character constantly organizes large feasts where he treats his court and vassals...)
Diligent / slothful (unchanged)
Gregarious / Shy (existing traits, replace the Kind / Envious opposition)
Strong / Weak (existing traits, replace the Patient / Wroth opposition)
Proud / Humble (inverted)

So my ideal Pagan ruler would be: Strong, Proud, Diligent, Generous, Gregarious, Lustful and Gluttonous. Well, sounds like a good boss to follow, what do you say? More inspiring than most bosses I had anyway :D

Maybe the gluttonous is in excess. In addition, anything hinting at a good culture, rethorics and theological teaching would help

- Besides traits, piety (to a large extent) and prestige (to a lesser extent) would influence the MTTH;

- This being said, I think my design would not include intermediate events: I would focus on making all these parameters clear to him in-game through pedagogical event description, and then let him do his best to maximize his chance by standard gameplay.

- If you have the will and time to make extra coding, then, rather than "tests", you could script a decision to go on retreat, insired from the Buddhist one (VIET or Vanilla I don't know as I only tried "Vanilla" RoJ with VIET on).

- All things considered it should be an ambition before you can even trigger the decision to seek Arinniti's favor, to represent the fact that you cannot devote energy on this AND seduce your wife, find a new hobby, engage in plots, etc.

So... the ambition and decision would be available to religion = luwian only, not the rest of the luwian_group?

Also, I believe we need parallel ambitions/decisions for becoming Arinniti's Consort, and for becoming Arinniti in Flesh.

A first draft of the ambitions:
Code:
obj_become_arinnitis_consort = {
	type = character

allow = {
		religion = luwian
		is_adult = yes
		is_female = no
		is_ruler = yes
		primary_title = {
			higher_tier_than = duke
		}
		NOT = {
			has_character_flag = rejected_by_arinniti
			has_character_modifier = arinnitis_consort
			trait = incapable
			trait = arinnitis_scion
		}
	}
	success = {
		has_character_modifier = arinnitis_consort
	}
	abort = {
		trait = incapable
		NOT = {
			religion = luwian
		}
	}
	abort_effect = {
		set_character_flag = rejected_by_arinniti
	}
}
obj_become_arinniti_in_flesh = {
	type = character

allow = {
		religion = luwian
		is_adult = yes
		is_female = yes
		is_ruler = yes
		primary_title = {
			higher_tier_than = duke
		}
		NOT = {
			has_character_modifier = arinniti_in_flesh
			trait = incapable
			trait = arinnitis_scion
		}
	}
	success = {
		has_character_modifier = arinniti_in_flesh
	}
	abort = {
		trait = incapable
		NOT = {
			religion = luwian
		}
	}
	abort_effect = {
		set_character_flag = rejected_by_arinniti
	}
}
Relevant localizations:
Code:
obj_become_arinnitis_consort;Become Arinniti's Consort;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
obj_become_arinnitis_consort_desc;Seek to obtain information on how best to curry the Sun Goddess Arinniti's favor, and ultimately become her consort.;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
obj_become_arinniti_in_flesh;Become Arinniti in Flesh;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
obj_become_arinniti_in_flesh_desc;Seek to obtain information on how best to curry the Sun Goddess Arinniti's favor, and ultimately become her avatar on earth.;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

You are right that any luwian_group faith should have access. But let's design it with Luwian in ;ind, as it is really the defining pivot of how Luwian faith is expected to be structured. Although we can't make dynamic SELIN design, the two other faiths would reproduce the Statist organization if they had a chance to topple the mainstream Luwian church (which Illuyankan want to do, Tarhuntite not really).

On the decision, since we said that building the big Arinniti temple is a precondition to try becoming her consort (or become her in flesh, what an ambitious and interesting goal for a female character...), we should make it a condition to the ambition.

So Luwian group, but not heresy?
Code:
obj_become_arinnitis_consort = {
	type = character

allow = {
		religion_group = luwian_group
		is_heretic = no
		is_adult = yes
		is_female = no
		is_ruler = yes
		primary_title = {
			higher_tier_than = duke