• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Not really, you can actually set holy_sites in any kind of holding, not just temples. and you can create an offmap, landless barony and add the holy site there, like so:

Code:
b_nishan = {
	landless = yes
	culture = han
	religion = confucian
        holy_site = confucian
}

The downside is that Confucianism will get 10% Religious Authority for free, forever since the holy site will be unconquerable.

Validator report on titles is now clean (except for complaining about an OR with only one term in court_griot.) I used an a-circumflex in Ni Shan, since a-macron isn't in Windows Latin 8 (aka "ANSI")

Sorry, I have to chime in about something. Fuka Lolong isn't in Darfur, it's in Ouenat (which should be renamed Fuka Lolong).

I thought about your suggestions, but in the end I decided my original design incorporated enough of these sorts of considerations that I didn't need to change it. Next set of events (liege receives lord spiritual's encouragement/discouragement):
Code:
#Male liege recieves lord spiritual's response (discouragement)
narrative_event = {
	id = seek_arinnitis_favor.4
	title = EVTNAMEarinnitis_favor.4
	desc = EVTDESCarinnitis_favor.4
	picture = GFX_evt_bishop_zoroastrian

is_triggered_only = yes

option = {		#Ask for more information
		name = EVTOPTAarinnitis_favor.4
		FROM = {
			character_event = {
				id = seek_arinnitis_favor.8
				days = 3
			}
		}
	}
	option = {		#Give up
		name = EVTOPTBarinnitis_favor.4
		set_character_flag = rejected_by_arinniti
		cancel_ambition = seek_arinnitis_favor
	}
}
#Female liege recieves lord spiritual's response (discouragement)
narrative_event = {
	id = seek_arinnitis_favor.5
	desc = EVTDESCarinnitis_favor.5

is_triggered_only = yes

name = EVTOPTAarinnitis_favor.4
		FROM = {
			character_event = {
				days = 3
			}
		}
	}
	option = {		#Give up
		name = EVTOPTBarinnitis_favor.4
	}
}
#Male liege recieves lord spiritual's response (encouragement)
narrative_event = {
	id = seek_arinnitis_favor.6
	desc = EVTDESCarinnitis_favor.6

is_triggered_only = yes

name = EVTOPTAarinnitis_favor.6
		FROM = {
			character_event = {
				days = 3
			}
		}
	}
	option = {		#Give up
		name = EVTOPTBarinnitis_favor.6
	}
}
#Female liege recieves lord spiritual's response (encouragement)
narrative_event = {
	id = seek_arinnitis_favor.7
	desc = EVTDESCarinnitis_favor.7

is_triggered_only = yes

name = EVTOPTAarinnitis_favor.6
		FROM = {
			character_event = {
				days = 3
			}
		}
	}
	option = {		#Give up
		name = EVTOPTBarinnitis_favor.6
	}
}
Code:
EVTNAMEarinnitis_favor.4;The [Root.job_spiritual.GetName]'s Response;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
EVTDESCarinnitis_favor.4;[Root.PrimaryTitle.GetFOA], I have prayed, studied [Root.Religion.GetScriptureName], and consulted with my [Root.Religion.GetName] superiors. Now, while I can not entirely rule out the possibility that your dream was a sign from Arinniti that She will accept you as Her consort, given that you lack most of the qualities that She holds dear according to [Root.Religion.GetScriptureName], I highly doubt it. I can not stop you from advancing your case with Her Voice on Earth, but understand this: it is a ritual that may be done but once per lifetime, and should you be rejected, there will be dire consequences.;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
EVTOPTAarinnitis_favor.4;Please, tell me what I can do to improve myself.;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
EVTOPTBarinnitis_favor.4;This was a bad idea all along.;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
EVTDESCarinnitis_favor.5;[Root.PrimaryTitle.GetFOA], I have prayed, studied [Root.Religion.GetScriptureName], and consulted with my [Root.Religion.GetName] superiors. Now, while I can not entirely rule out the possibility that your dream was a sign from Arinniti that She will accept you as Her vessel, given that you lack most of the qualities that She holds dear according to [Root.Religion.GetScriptureName], I highly doubt it. I can not stop you from advancing your case with Her Voice on Earth, but understand this: it is a ritual that may be done but once per lifetime, and should you be rejected, there will be dire consequences.;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
EVTDESCarinnitis_favor.6;[Root.PrimaryTitle.GetFOA], I have prayed, studied [Root.Religion.GetScriptureName], and consulted with my [Root.Religion.GetName] superiors. Now, while I feel in my soul that your dream was a sign from Arinniti that She will accept you as Her consort, given that you have many of the qualities that She holds dear according to [Root.Religion.GetScriptureName], there are still areas where you need improvement. I think you should advance your case with Her Voice on Earth, but understand this: it is a ritual that may be done but once per lifetime, and should you be rejected, there will be dire consequences.;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
EVTOPTAarinnitis_favor.6;Please, tell me where I need improvement.;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
EVTDESCarinnitis_favor.7;[Root.PrimaryTitle.GetFOA], I have prayed, studied [Root.Religion.GetScriptureName], and consulted with my [Root.Religion.GetName] superiors. Now, while I feel in my soul that your dream was a sign from Arinniti that She will accept you as Her vessel, given that you have many of the qualities that She holds dear according to [Root.Religion.GetScriptureName], there are still areas where you need improvement. I think you should advance your case with Her Voice on Earth, but understand this: it is a ritual that may be done but once per lifetime, and should you be rejected, there will be dire consequences.;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

I'm sure some of it can, but Numahr will be a better judge of that than me.

Next set of events, the start of the Lord Spiritual's explanation.
Code:
#The lord spiritual begins his explanation (temple)
character_event = {
	hide_window = yes

is_triggered_only = yes

immediate = {
		FROM = {
			if = {
				limit = {
					trait = arinnitifavor
				}
				narrative_event = {
					id = seek_arinnitis_favor.9
				}
			}
			if = {
				limit = {
					NOT = {
						trait = arinnitifavor
					}
				}
				narrative_event = {
					id = seek_arinnitis_favor.10
				}
			}
		}
	}
}
#The liege listens to the explanation (temple built by liege)
narrative_event = {
	id = seek_arinnitis_favor.9
	title = EVTNAMEarinnitis_favor.9
	desc = EVTDESCarinnitis_favor.9
	picture = GFX_evt_bishop_zoroastrian_group

is_triggered_only = yes

option = {
		name = EVTOPTAarinnitis_favor.9
		FROM = {
			character_event = {
				id = seek_arinnitis_favor.11
				days = 3
			}
		}
	}
}

#The liege listens to the explanation (temple not built by liege)
narrative_event = {
	id = seek_arinnitis_favor.10
	desc = EVTDESCarinnitis_favor.10

is_triggered_only = yes

option = {
		name = EVTOPTAarinnitis_favor.9
		FROM = {
			character_event = {
				id = seek_arinnitis_favor.11
				days = 3
			}
		}
	}
}
Code:
EVTNAMEarinnitis_favor.9;The [Root.GetLordSpiritualName]'s Explanation
EVTDESCarinnitis_favor.9;First of all, you must understand that this is only possible because Her temple in Chattousa has been rebuilt. That you were the one to do so is greatly to your credit.;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
EVTOPTAarinnitis_favor.9;Yes, but how can I improve myself in Her eyes?;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
EVTDESCarinnitis_favor.10;First of all, you must understand that this is only possible because Her temple in Chattousa has been rebuilt. That you were not the one to do so is not to your credit, but neither does it hurt your case.;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

I have noticed that there are quite a number of varations, such as Lughite, Jupiter Optimus Maximus and so on; I have thought that particularly for polytheistic religions, that they be made into schools of thought or perhaps deity selector. this could help better simiulate how they are part of the main religion while still being local varations on it.

I am wondering what others think?

Continues to look better and better :) Indeed your design, in its own way, has every thing in it.

On extending it to other religions:

- I fully agree that so much creativity and code-drafting, generating immersive experience, should not be limited to just one small religious group. It totally fits the spirit of LI for many religions.

- So we can look at which religions would benefit from an adapted version.

- For obvious reasons it should be limited to reformed religions (a first step in this direction)

- At the same time there are two parameters in this chain of events that are not present in all other religions:

a) the initial trigger: reconstruction of Chatousa. Such a climatic decision and the impressive result of the whole thing cannot be triggered lightly, it needs to be associated with something grandiose (this word exists in English? Nice!) . I listed a few other religions with something equivalent in terms of reconstructing a great city or temple. For others, we can figure out a substitute. For example, an equivalent would be foundation of a new temple in a HS province (condition = owning a predetermined barony-level holding still un-built at game start, and that holding being a temple).

b) the Head. In case the religion does not have an independent Head (as in the ruler-reformer being the Head), I suppose the greatest rulers (vassals or not) of the same religion would play that role of accepting or not. But I wonder how to code it. Maybe using the faction mechanic? (then limiting to vassals) Or a plot, but targeting who?

Last edited:
- For obvious reasons it should be limited to reformed religions (a first step in this direction)

How does that affect the Arinniti chain? In the Luwian group, we have one parent religion that does not reform (Luwian), one heresy (Illuyankan) and one autonomous religion (Tarhuntite), both of which reform, and two reformed religions.

Next part of the explanation:
Code:
#Male liege hears Lord Spiritual's explanation (high authority)
narrative_event = {
	id = seek_arinnitis_favor.12
	desc = EVTDESCarinnitis_favor.12

is_triggered_only = yes

option = {
		name = EVTOPTAarinnitis_favor.12
		FROM = {
			character_event = {
				id = seek_arinnitis_favor.16
				days = 3
			}
		}
	}
}
#Female liege hears Lord Spiritual's explanation (high authority)
narrative_event = {
	id = seek_arinnitis_favor.13
	desc = EVTDESCarinnitis_favor.13

is_triggered_only = yes

option = {
		FROM = {
			character_event = {
				days = 3
			}
		}
	}
}
#Male liege hears Lord Spiritual's explanation (low authority)
narrative_event = {
	id = seek_arinnitis_favor.14
	desc = EVTDESCarinnitis_favor.14

is_triggered_only = yes

option = {
		FROM = {
			character_event = {
				days = 3
			}
		}
	}
}
#Female liege hears Lord Spiritual's explanation (low authority)
narrative_event = {
	id = seek_arinnitis_favor.15
	desc = EVTDESCarinnitis_favor.15

is_triggered_only = yes

option = {
		FROM = {
			character_event = {
				days = 3
			}
		}
	}
}
Code:
EVTDESCarinnitis_favor.12;Arinniti prefers consorts of great Authority. That you are a man of authority is a mark in your favor, but there is still room for improvement.;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
EVTOPTAarinnitis_favor.12;I see. Go on;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
EVTDESCarinnitis_favor.13;Arinniti wields great authority in her realm. To be worthy to become Her vessel, it is best to already be a woman of authority. That you are is a mark in your favor, but there is still room for improvement.;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
EVTDESCarinnitis_favor.14;Arinniti prefers consorts of great Authority. That you are not yet a man of authority is a mark against you, but She would not reject you if there are enough other factors in your favor.;;;;;;;;;;;;;x
EVTDESCarinnitis_favor.15;Arinniti wields great authority in her realm. To be worthy to become Her vessel, it is best to already be a woman of authority. That you are not yet one is a mark against you, but She would not reject you if there are enough other factors in your favor.;;;;;;;;;;;;;x

So far there has been no interaction with the head of religion, just the chaplain. Is there a trigger to test if a religion is reformed?

- Ah - but should there not be an interaction with the Head?
There will be eventually, but I was going to leave that for the final decision. Do you think I should change the initial dream reaction to be the religious head's (as conveyed by the lord spiritual), rather than the lord spiritual's? If I leave it as is, I can have reforming the religion be part of the lord spiritual's explanation.

Are these religions implemented? If I were to download the newest SVN available and had a game with, say, something in the Confucian group, would it have holy sites and the unreformed ones would be reformable?

Yes, all of these religions are implemented in the current SVN, and all have the correct number of holy sites. Some of the reformable ones, though, might still have the reforming lines commented out in 00_religions.txt.

For women seeking to become Arinniti in Flesh, should I make youth and attractiveness positive factors? (When you get a trait granting immortality, it locks in your current portrait age, it won't set back time to when you were a young adult. I don't think a goddess would find inhabiting an aged body that attractive.)