The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.
What you can do is add a -50 opinion modifier to the vassals affected if you have a government without the law. That way, you still get the government but loose the levy bonus. after a short period of time (I suggest two years) , if you don't have the authority you go back to feudal.Indeed - for the time being you do not loose the radical right government when you loose just one level of spiritual power law, as:
- the changes in society take time to impact the political system (think Brejnev era Soviet regime)
- from a gameplay point of view it avoids too fast changes
I am not sure though, maybe I should have the government switch back as soon as you loose the highest level of spiritual power law...?...
This balance issue should be fixed now, and anarchy less frequent in AI populist realms.Playing in the github version, I think itiis too easy to become an anarchy as a populist soul. 10 realms are anarchies and it have only passed 30 years.
Wonderful workSpiritual Power for religions of Traditional Soul
"Weight of Tradition"
Welcome to this dev diary on the upcoming spiritual power module for religions of traditional soul. As explained before, all religions will have a Spiritual Power system, defined by their Soul. This particular group, religions of traditional soul, is a pretty large group as it includes 49 religions at game start. In fact this makes it the most common soul, even though the most iconic or famous religions of Lux Invicta tend to belong to other souls. You can find below the list of these 49 religions.
The concept is that with less spiritual power, traditions are a compelling, unmoving thing that limits your actions but can give morale strength to your warriors. With more spiritual power, traditions can be re-interpreted by the ruler, or "re-invented".
As for all spiritual power modules, it relies on a 5 degree, slider-type law. For traditional soul religions, it is called Weight of Traditions. Your position is dependant on a currency which varies from one soul to another: for traditional soul, It is a combination of the ruler's piety. The average position, the neutral one, is in the middle and carries no effect or modifier. You gain various effects when you go left (low piety / learning) or right (high piety / learning).
All this is better explained with a couple of screen-shots.
1. General description of the Weight of Traditions law:
2. My realm is now on the left-most law, Predominant Traditions.
Note the special job action it unlocks for your Lord Spiritual.
3. As indicated above, some of the strongest impacts of the law, at least for the two left positions, become effective once believers in your provinces of the same religion follow the trend and turn Reactionary (for level 1, Predominant Traditions), or Conservative (for level 2, Rigid Traditions).
You can see below that my Oxiana temple has double the amount of troops due to the Reactionary province modifier (the +1 means +100% really). This is true only for temples though. So, when you have low learning and piety and traditions are so strong, it is time to be friend with your clergy...
This can be nice. But the limitations on tax, scientific progress and construction means that reactionary provinces are, overall, rather a bad thing.
4. The local modifiers are impacted by your Weight of Traditions law, but with some inertia and beyond your control. Here you see the event turning one of your province Reactionary....
5. You may change the law voluntarily. But if your Weight of Traditions law is either Predominant (level 1) or Rigid (level 2), having enough piety may cause an automatic move to a higher degree of control, i.e. one step to the right. You cannot move higher than the middle position this way. You can also loose previously acquired control, if you loose the prerequisites.
Here I move automatically from Predominant Traditions (level 1) to Rigid Traditions (level 2) as a result of an increase of my piety.
6. Going all the way to the right towards Reinvented Traditions. For progressing through the Law system, Piety is enough.
7. Sometimes, you want to "hack" the law system, as you may still have a cool-down time or your vassals may block you. You can force a new level through the decisions, but it requires more.
8. Some souls open up a new government at the highest level of Spiritual Power. The Traditional soul, instead, opens up a new interesting action for your Spiritual Lord: Unearth Lore. The represents conscious efforts by the ruler to effectively reinvent traditions, under a mist of spirituality. Or it may represent actually looking for a holy artefact with magical power. The interpretation is up to you... Since social belief in supernatural force, if well used by the elite, can be as powerful as actual magic, I need not specify what is the actual cause of the force being mobilized.
9. This is not an easy task, and will be easier accomplished if your Lord Spiritual is well qualified.
10. At any point, once you have unearthed sacred lore, you may proceed with summoning its power. Again, success will depend on your Lord Spiritual. Specifically, he should have high piety, high learning and good relationships with you.
Since this is a decision, once you have unearthed lore you may want to take some time to prepare: maybe change your Lord Spiritual for a more competent one, give him some "financial support" to increase your relationship,...
11. It worked!
You then have the choice between 4 "superpowers". I will let you come to that to discover the actual in-game effects...
I had many more ideas but with my limited time I had to draw a line and move on to other areas. I may expand the system later, though.
The Weight of Traditions system module is already available in the Github version for the religions I mentioned in the list above...
As a tribute to our founder, I shall implement his visionPlatonic jokes will be pure fun to implement - imagine this scenario - your ruler is a philosopher and a lunatic...he now gets a...platonic war casus belli!
"Greetings good people, it is your BIRTHRIGHT to be ruled by a philosopher king! Submit before our platonic armies invade your backyards!" ahem yes...hehehe...I do plan to have some crazy stuff in eventually haha... for the crazy characters of course hehe.