• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Darkgamma

Ma Xamewš Xewaham Kered Fer
30 Badges
Apr 6, 2010
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
This be the Entomology Corner!
Report bugs (and document them, along with descriptions of the chain of events that lead up to said bugs and possible screenshots of the bugs)
Each bug shall be categorised according to nature, topic, state of fixedness and mod version.

Instructions:
  1. Describe the problem as accurately as possible, with descriptions of what brought the problem up, as well as give screenshots if possible
  2. State the version of the mod you are using, method of distribution (whether it be by SVN or from an official release)
    • Tell us about any hotfixes you may have used (if from an official release) or the SVN revision number
  3. Try to replicate the problem, preferably also giving instructions for us to replicate it ourselves

Last edited:
oh fine, this also works :rofl:
(on a random note, I actually misread it as "etymology" and was actually expecting a thread like DANT, except LI-specific :laugh: )

@bug-reporters:
it'd also be really appreciated if you state the version you're using (either the release version's number/name, or the SVN version's revision number), as occasionally a bug in the released version may have been fixed in the SVN (and more rarely, vice versa, when a tweak one of us does inadvertently breaks something)

oh fine, this also works :rofl:
(on a random note, I actually misread it as "etymology" and was actually expecting a thread like DANT, except LI-specific :laugh: )
Lol yeah, entomology = studying bugs :laugh:
@bug-reporters:
it'd also be really appreciated if you state the version you're using (either the release version's number/name, or the SVN version's revision number), as occasionally a bug in the released version may have been fixed in the SVN (and more rarely, vice versa, when a tweak one of us does inadvertently breaks something)
This is now included in the instructions :happy:

This is now included in the instructions :happy:
those instructions remind me of the stuff you expect to find in customs declarations :laugh:

on a random note that you probably already know, but, posts have a 50,000 char limit, so you might end up needing an archival post you can stuff the overflow in the future.

should I delete my post so that you can chain your two posts above? or am I just too OCD-ic about it? :D

portrait error.png

so when i was playing the mod from 1066 to 1080 the portraits were fine and then suddenly i cant see Abgar's portrait and when i click it its blacked out and everytime i look at characters profiles after that the portrait is blacked out

using v0.6i1 + the hotfix1

started another game and portraits are fine so far at 1075

have no idea what the cause is i dont think he got an appearance affecting trait or anything

and i hope i put the image in there right

Attachments

• portrait error.png
    portrait error.png
    434,8 KB · Views: 59
View attachment 101450

so when i was playing the mod from 1066 to 1080 the portraits were fine and then suddenly i cant see Abgar's portrait and when i click it its blacked out and everytime i look at characters profiles after that the portrait is blacked out

using v0.6i1 + the hotfix1

started another game and portraits are fine so far at 1075

have no idea what the cause is i dont think he got an appearance affecting trait or anything

and i hope i put the image in there right
Yeah, the image is good. Does the problem go away after you exit the game and reload? Have you applied the 32-bit OS fix found on the first page of the main thread?
This looks like a memory issue

I am not sure, but you might have to restart your computer. If the problem persists, I'll tell you how to clear your cache and try again (though I depart in half an hour)

Hey there, I'm currently unable to create de jure kingdom titles because the titles have a "rank NOT less than emperor" requirement. I'm guessing this line is the culprit;

NOT = { lower_tier_than = emperor independent = no }

Thanks!

edit: Deleting the line doesn't help.

Last edited:
The portraits issue is known and is something that happens as the game drags on, memory issue indeed. I've had it happen in vanilla once.

The kingdom creation problem has been fixed for the next version.

okay, I think I've fixed the problem with the not being able to create kingdom titles. I uploaded it to the SVN and when I tried it out with the Duke of Lombardy and the SPQR, it had the intended consequences:

independent rulers can create Kingdom titles (Dukes and Emperors)
Kings can create Kingdom Titles (either independent or vassalized IIRC)

EDIT: The code should look like this under the Kingdom Titles -

Code:
allow = {
			war = no
			ruled_years = 5
			is_adult = yes
			OR = {
				tier = king
				independent = yes
			}
		}

The fix seems to work for me. I just tested it...are you using the landed_titles folder from the main SVN or the one in the folder marked ###Hawkeye? I didn't upload to the main folder, just to my own personal modding folder since I'm just a contributor and not a Council Member ;)

The fix seems to work for me. I just tested it...are you using the landed_titles folder from the main SVN or the one in the folder marked ###Hawkeye? I didn't upload to the main folder, just to my own personal modding folder since I'm just a contributor and not a Council Member ;)

That might be it. :)

unfortunately, graphics are completely out of my specialty. My contributions are solely limited to the history and landed_titles files. As far as I know, I didn't touch anything in there, but who knows what I could have done. You'll prolly have to wait for Darkgamma or Darkreborn to drop by.