• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Given that this year is the hundredth anniversary of 1914, a lot of newspapers here are running articles about how the war began and the state of the Dual Monarchy at the time. Did you know that the KuK Army had military rabbis? And that they sent a majority Jewish unit to assist the Ottomans on the Palestine Front? Not that this is relevant to this AAR... anyway, great writing!

I'm glad to join reading yet another of your AARs.

Excellent update, looking forward to the next one and the start of the war.

Enjoyed your ideas of a divergent alternate history for the actual alternate history. Looking forward to this!

Subbed.

Subscribed! This is really good, Tanzhang. :)

No question about it, I'm keeping an eye on this. The consideration for alternate-history viewpoints and the knowledge of pre-war wrangling is excellent, as is the prose itself.

How many updates do you think we're going to see before the actual gameplay? (Hoho.)

Awesome, I will relish this AAR

Beautiful beginning here. I find myself fascinated by Kaiserreich AARs and shall follow this with great interest. I hope to give the mod a try soon.

Did you know that the KuK Army had military rabbis?
Why is that unusual? Even in Imperial Germany(probably a more antisemitic place than Austria-Hungary), there were field rabbis during World War I. The majority Jewish unit is new to me though, thanks for that.

I hope you end up looking at the relations between Canada and the U.S. in depth later on in this AAR. Even ignoring the possibility of a Fascist or Communist superpower on the border, I would like to see your take on the diplomatic fallout between the two allies. Canada can reasonably blame the isolationism of the U.S. for their loss in the first Weltkreig and Americans would likely resent the British monarchy defaulting on their war debts and kickstarting their economic depression over a lost cause.

I'm happy to see another AAR by you, and such a quality one too! As ever of course, but still.:)

Because HoI3 has a very underdeveloped politics system. In DH, money is very important for research and spying, dissent can be potentially crippling and takes months or even years of valuable IC in consumer goods to clear out, and the event system is excellent for the non-war interactions between nations that Kaiserreich truly shines at. HoI3 is much more combat-focused.

Because HoI3 has a very underdeveloped politics system. In DH, money is very important for research and spying, dissent can be potentially crippling and takes months or even years of valuable IC in consumer goods to clear out, and the event system is excellent for the non-war interactions between nations that Kaiserreich truly shines at. HoI3 is much more combat-focused.

HoI3 is also a crap game. There, I said it.