Lowest Playable Spec (Challenge!)

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think I'm in the running for this... :) :)

Compaq Pressario SR 5522UK
64bit Windows10, Intel CoreDuo2 2.4Ghz, 4GB Ram, Nvidea GeForce GT710, Integrated SoundCard(Realtek ALC662)

Running on lowest settings for EVERYTHING
Game runs "smoothly", loading/transitioning screens can take a while (upwards of 5min between Argo and Planetside Mission), menu shifts take aprox 1/2-1min
Games suffers from memory leak/extreme sluggishness after 5-6 missions and requires a restart
Saving can take around 3-4minutes (damn auto-save is a PITA)
Occasionally have see-through non-textured mechs/vehicles (around mission 5), any map with whirlwinds runs extremely slow

But it's the only rig I have right now and at least I can play....

Well, mine exceeds Steams minimums by a lot, but still get lots of slowdown and JumpShip/Planet animations take forever
Running on default settings

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-7100 CPU @ 3.90GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.9GHz
Memory: 8192MB RAM
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050
Display Memory: 6047 MB
Drive: C:
Free Space: 122.6 GB
Total Space: 476.8 GB

Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 5600+, 2806 Mhz, 2 cores
Memory: 6GB
Card name: AMD Radeon HD 6670
Adaptor RAM: 1GB

The only thing stopping me is the AMD codec crash after "3 years later"

My system (an old Vista hand-me-down) is still running it OK

Intel Core 2 Duo 6700 (2.66GHz)
4 Gigs RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GT 730
and Windows 7

Loading times are long (at least 3-4 minutes or so to launch the game from the Mission screen) and it actually runs on Medium Levels just fine.
Now I recently discovered an SD card slot so I popped one in and Enabled ReadyBoost on it and that has lowered my load times noticebly (like 90 seconds or less?) and The Opening Intros playback are smooth now (had the odd skip before)
So for RAM strapped systems plug in a USB drive or SD Card (etc) and try ReadyBoost - might help a bit as it did for me.

Last edited:
Wow, the tech guy who I have upgrading my rig (stole it back from family :D), said I just need to upgrade my graphics card and power supply.. lol.. Had that computer built in 2011. Ohh buggers, guess Im gonna have to save for a really good rig for the next game:(
Whats your spec? Need help?
After 7 years, yes your PSU should be changed if you wanna keep using it. It degrades over time.

---

Wow, more dual cores coming out.

Wow, the tech guy who I have upgrading my rig (stole it back from family :D), said I just need to upgrade my graphics card and power supply.. lol.. Had that computer built in 2011. Ohh buggers, guess Im gonna have to save for a really good rig for the next game:(
Been working on that issue for over a year (upgrade PC vs working car...)

The only items from my current rig that doesn't need upgrading (and that due to the dual core trying to melt in MWO) is the new power supply and watercooling. To upgrade CPU requires: new DDR3 motherboard, DDR3 memory and I've found out (due to this game) that my graphics card is considered 'junk' by current standards.

Processor
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz

Video Card
Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000

Video Card #2
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570

RAM
8.0 GB

Operating System
Microsoft Windows 10 (build 16299), 64-bit

So my rig is from 2011, and runs it easily on minimum graphics, but the game keeps changing it by itself to medium... and still running it...

and GPU temp doesn't even go above a nice 73C!!

DELL XPS 13 9350 Laptop
Windows 10 64bit
CPU: Intel i7-6560U
GPU: Intel 540 (integrated)
RAM: 8 GB

ALl an Low Details was ok for the start but no fun. So i decided to buy a AORUS Gaming Box with an 1070 GTX Geforce. Now i am running everything on Max Details and loading times are much better.

SSD makes huge difference for load times . Get a cheap 250gb will save you mind per mission and I run high end I7, 32gb and 1070. Night and day when I moved it to my boot drive SSD.

I have the minimum spec GPU (560 ti) listed by Gog, on Win 7, i7, 12 GB, SSD. I built this rig when that card was bleeding edge (2011). Run the game with all the in game video settings maxed, runs fine, smooth, no issues. As others have posted lower specs, not sure what the "bottom" would be. I think it requires a minimal version of Direct X though, so probably cannot go back to far OS wise.

Whats your spec? Need help?
After 7 years, yes your PSU should be changed if you wanna keep using it. It degrades over time.

---

Wow, more dual cores coming out.
Been working on that issue for over a year (upgrade PC vs working car...)

The only items from my current rig that doesn't need upgrading (and that due to the dual core trying to melt in MWO) is the new power supply and watercooling. To upgrade CPU requires: new DDR3 motherboard, DDR3 memory and I've found out (due to this game) that my graphics card is considered 'junk' by current standards.

I should be getting my PC back from the shop. My graphics card was not up to the task, but everything else was good enough. Cant wait to get the thing set up and start playing.

I tried it on my surface 4 which meets all the requirements except graphics. It loaded just fine. In mission was horrible though. Now I just stream it from my proper Gaming computer when I want to play somewhere else in the house

I tried it on my surface 4 which meets all the requirements except graphics. It loaded just fine. In mission was horrible though. Now I just stream it from my proper Gaming computer when I want to play somewhere else in the house
Can u share more about this? Sounds like an interesting setup.

Can u share more about this? Sounds like an interesting setup.
Streaming either over steam or using remote desktop. As long as you have a decent wifi connection or a wired connection it works quite well.
Remote desktop requires some set up but comes with Windows (7 or 10) pro edition.

It's OK on the ThinkPad I play it on, when travelling.

Core i7, 16 MB -- but a meager GeForce 740M GPU.

I imagine the screen resolution is a big factor in getting it to run comfortably on a really low-spec GPU.

Wow this game reminds me of the release version of StarCraft 2.

It runs on almost everything.
But it doesn't run well on almost anything.
We'll this is a thread asking for the lowest specs people have tried it on. I'm sure if you asked for best specs everyone would be saying how great it runs
I managed to play a few days in my PC back at my own home earilier this week a AMD-cpu 8gb ram pc built in 2013, ran at all high settings, 30fps was the general framerate. It costed USD 600 then(todays currency) so its not some skyhigh setup. It dropped to 15fps occasionally tho. I really wished the SSD had space for it lol. Loading times was still high.