• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

fanfinifonfon

Recruit
May 18, 2020
Hello, have a nice day. I have problem with Paradox games. When I play Paradox game, I get low FPS. When I increase the game speed, I start getting drop. 1 week ago, I can play nicely but now I can't. When I pause the game my FPS become 75FPS. I tried this on HOI4 and EU4. I can play this game on 75FPS 1 week ago. Now I can't. My system is;

R3 2300X
RX570
8GB RAM

1 week ago, I can play nicely but now I can't.
If this happened to multiple games at the same time, it must obviously some local change, problem or update. It will be hard for us to guess what exactly.

DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach your Documents/Paradox/EU4/settings.txt and pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox/EU4/logs/ folder, attach system.log .

If this happened to multiple games at the same time, it must obviously some local change, problem or update. It will be hard for us to guess what exactly.

DXDIAG is a program you run from a command prompt or the Windows start menu 'run' dialog box (or 'search programs' in Windows 7 or later). After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach your Documents/Paradox/EU4/settings.txt and pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox/EU4/logs/ folder, attach system.log .
Firstly thanks for help and I attached this files.

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    88,7 KB · Views: 0
  • pdx_settings.txt
    334 bytes · Views: 0
  • settings.txt
    2,1 KB · Views: 0
  • system.log
    5 KB · Views: 0
No obvious cause of this problem in those files. The AMD video driver is quite new, did this only happen after updating that? Or what other local change or update happened, between the last time on eof these games worked okay and the first time one of them had this problem?

You only mention FPS, which is not that important in non-action games like these. Do you get any other symptoms of poor performance like slow time passing, jerkiness in zooming or scrolling the maps, slow load times? All of these?

What if you run in fullScreen mode, and set refreshRate=60 in that settings.txt file?

One last thing to check - in the Windows search box run msconfig . Go into boot-advanced. If Number of Processors is ticked, untick that, save, and reboot.

No obvious cause of this problem in those files. The AMD video driver is quite new, did this only happen after updating that? Or what other local change or update happened, between the last time on eof these games worked okay and the first time one of them had this problem?

You only mention FPS, which is not that important in non-action games like these. Do you get any other symptoms of poor performance like slow time passing, jerkiness in zooming or scrolling the maps, slow load times? All of these?

What if you run in fullScreen mode, and set refreshRate=60 in that settings.txt file?

One last thing to check - in the Windows search box run msconfig . Go into boot-advanced. If Number of Processors is ticked, untick that, save, and reboot.
No, I did not make any update, It is first time, before never happened this. I tried everything. I deleted and re-install game, I selected no in all settings, I tried windowed, borderless and fullscreen. I tried change resolution. I closed all mods, dlcs. I downloaded FPS mods, when they not work I deleted. And no, time passing very fast, a little bit jerkiness in zooming and other everything is normal. It is starts when I go for x3, x4 and x5 speed. When the game pause my fps become a normal. In menu, I can still get normal fps. It is just starts in x3, x4 and x5 speed in EU4 and HOI4.

No, I did not make any update
Well, as I say the AMD driver t least is new. If you didn't update it, it installed itself!

And no, time passing very fast, a little bit jerkiness in zooming and other everything is normal. It is starts when I go for x3, x4 and x5 speed.
So your only problem is the low fps number? Actual gameplay is unaffected?

I see. Well I have no explanation why it dropped from 70 to something lower (you don't say to what) to all these games at once. Clearly something in your system changed!

But if it doesn't affect your play experience, can you live with it?