• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Indeed, it would be good to spirit Brian back in person to run the kingdom. He’s done similar before, in Blackadder 1 for starters! I think he’d be scarier than the original Alias! I suppose a bit of peace and consolidation … then a bit of crusading to get the juices flowing again. Some BB battle cries to put the fear of God into the infidels!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Fb-fb:

Thank you for the update. Now if heir and spare will follow BB and exit stage left. Everything will be just fine, we will have King Duran Cubed. King Alias would be a great role, if he does sink his teeth into you.
The inheritance does get a bit messy, but better to have too many to choose from than too few.

Good job on defeating Germany, and I'm vaguely surprised that only Armagnac was taken from them.

The Fourth Wall breaks were amusing.
Sadly, that was the only claim I had. It can get frustrating that so much blood and treasure is spent for just one county, but that's the game.

Indeed, it would be good to spirit Brian back in person to run the kingdom. He’s done similar before, in Blackadder 1 for starters! I think he’d be scarier than the original Alias! I suppose a bit of peace and consolidation … then a bit of crusading to get the juices flowing again. Some BB battle cries to put the fear of God into the infidels!
Otton is off to a great start, especially considering where things were when he took the throne. I just didn't have a voice for him when I started writing up his reign except for BB in the back of my mind. Thus the voiceover.

Actually, the more that I use BB it's almost as if he is playing the game and reporting it back to you in his own especial fashion. ;)

To all - Been taking a bit of a holiday since the weekend which would seem prime time to write but I've just relaxed. I have been playing the game and have some many years to report. It remains very interesting. Hopefully back soon with the further adventures of Otton as reported by Brian Blessed. Thanks to all for reading and giving comment.

Reactions:
My lad, I was...just fine...when I was cheated from the BAFTA in 1999!
I'm glad Brian is fine about it, because I am not. The awards that year were a travesty, not just for what happened to Brian but the crime of Lock Stock being entirely overlooked while various bits of forgettable and forgotten period rubbish were lauded. Dark days.

However Mr Blessed remains on form and I like to imagine the extra flair and interest in that update is all due to Brian going off script and adding spark to Otton's life. Certainly it was a much more enjoyable read so long may his improvisations continue! :)

Reactions:
I'm glad Brian is fine about it, because I am not. The awards that year were a travesty, not just for what happened to Brian but the crime of Lock Stock being entirely overlooked while various bits of forgettable and forgotten period rubbish were lauded. Dark days.

However Mr Blessed remains on form and I like to imagine the extra flair and interest in that update is all due to Brian going off script and adding spark to Otton's life. Certainly it was a much more enjoyable read so long may his improvisations continue! :)
Actually, Lock Stock was nominated for Best British Film that year (3 total nominations) but for me the one that was a worse snub was Little Voice winning nothing despite 6 nominations! Damn I love that movie! Lock Stock (which I do very much enjoy) could have competed for the Razzies for Worst Accent to be won by Brad Pitt (whom I also very much enjoy.) That year was really an annus horribilis due to the favor Shakespeare in Love got in nearly every single awards ceremony across the globe. Drek as far as I am concerned. This side of the pond, Saving Private Ryan was my favorite followed by Primary Colors and very close too was the first Elizabeth (which did net Cate Blanchett both a BAFTA and an Oscar.) [EDIT - I should also mention The Thin Red Line but that film is so esoteric and unique, I'm not sure it ever stood a chance with a wide audience.]

Until recently, and due to my former career in theatre, I was very much clued into these awards ceremonies. Brian's might have come and perhaps what he was disappointed by was not getting a nod for his voiceover work in The Phantom Menace (voice of Boss Nass), though actually he might have competed in the following year if the BAFTAs follow the Oscars nominating process. One can never truly know. ;)

As to Otton's further adventures, I must confess...I've gone and done a very silly thing. In the process of taking a bit of a holiday, I started to just play the game and the next thing I know I've played over 100 years. :eek:

Hmmm...I admit that I am a little overwhelmed when it comes to writing it up. I will do, I assure you all, but as to how...I've got a lot of time to cover. Not what I wanted to do when I began this admittedly silly project. It was supposed to be written up in nearly real time and now? As I said...hmmm.

We shall return to these adventures in some fashion (with or without Mr. Blessed) but I also have WOTR to work on and that one is taking more than I thought when it comes to the next chapter. Dammit, @Bullfilter ...why didn't you warn me when I stared my 2nd AAR? :p

Despite it all, thank you all so very much for following and giving comment. It is always and forever appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Dammit, @Bullfilter ...why didn't you warn me when I stared my 2nd AAR? :p
Haha, I wouldn’t issue a warning until you were contemplating running four at once. :D That was probably a bit much and only possible as I was retired and that was my ‘work replacement therapy’.;) As for this one, just think of it as speeding up the process, as you already have you content/storyboards to hand.

Think of it more as writing up history from the primary source. Though it’s best to get going before you forget why you did some of those things. I found it more confusing for continuity though to be switching between four different stories than writing up older material. Good luck with it all anyway, my friend. :)

• 1Like
Reactions: