• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

OAM

GDI Commander
68 Badges
May 17, 2006
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Knights of Pen and Paper 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Stellaris
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • BATTLETECH
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Ancient Space
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Semper Fi
Louisiana Reloaded​

The history of the Americas is long and troubled. For centuries on end, natives ruled the vast and sparsely populated continents. When the first Europeans arrived, the reactions were mixed. In time, however, the main interaction between the two groups came to be conflict.

Early settlers had no trouble setting up small villages, but when it came time for expansion, it was also time for fighting. North America quickly became militarized by the United Kingdom. The Eastern coast was thriving. It was inevitable that conflict would occur between different European nations.

France controlled the vast, unsettled (by European) lands of the interior. These lands had a vast wealth of natural resources. France could not afford to exploit these resources themselves, so a strategy of cooperation with natives was favored. It was natural that in the comming wars French lands would act as a safe haven for natives.

Eventualy, things came to a head and France lost Quebec and all of the land East of the Mississippi River, keeping only Louisiana. Many natives fled, but this new land was not ripe for their old lifestyle. Some adapted, but most simply died. All parties involved did their best to keep the old economic system going in Louisiana.

With the only major rival, Spain, being separated by a nice buffer zone, the United Kingdom grew complacent. Eventualy, in 1776, the North American colonies were fed up with the arrogant attitude the home islands held towards them. A rebellion was lauched, that was quickly supported by France, hoping to regain some of the former glory. Unfortunately, petty bickering between factions quickly smashed any hope for success. The rebels wanted all of British North America, the French wanted to regain Quebec and area around Lake Michigan, and the natives had their own infighting to worry about. By the mid 1780s, the rebellion was crushed, and prominate leaders fled to both France and Louisiana.

These rebels had carried with them an idea of freedom and democracy, and ideas never die. Within a decade, the opressed lower classes of France rose up in rebellion, partialy inspired by some ex-rebels in their midst. What followed was a long series of wars in Europe that would change forever the ballance of power. Chaos in France and Spain lead to independence for the majority of both's colonial holdings, if they wern't taken by Britian, who benfited greatly from the chaos. In the end, Europe stabilized, but was still on shakey ground. Many fled to the newly created American republics. The new nation of Louisiana was particularly attractive, as it was already multi-ethnic. Large numbers of English, from the colonies, and French were already there, as well as various natives. In keeping with the traditional French policy, the natives were valueable and vital citizens in this new republic.

It is now 1836, over two decades sense the end of the European Chaos. Louisiana and the American republics prosper, but history isn't done, history is never done. The question is, what path with these new countries take.

Taken from World Factbook in English, Louisiana - 1836

Capital: New Orleans
Population: 1,283,000
President: Thomas Reynolds
Offical Languages: English, French, native languages
Demographics:

Outsider Opinions: Louisiana is a scenic rural republic stretching from the Rocky Mountains across golden plains to the Mississippi River. Everyone is treated equaly, even natives. Everyone is very friendly, do not be surprised with invitations to dinner from locals. Reccomended place to visit! - I.B. Wells of England

Borders of Louisiana - 1836

Very interesting, I like alternate history scenarios. Are you planning on adding new historical events to go along with this timeline?

I'll definitely be keeping up with this.

Very interesting, I like alternate history scenarios. Are you planning on adding new historical events to go along with this timeline?

I'll definitely be keeping up with this.

As the need arises, I'll make events. Will only talk about and show the effects of them, however, as I don't feel like I could write the event monolouges very well, though I will allow the AI choices to add some randomness.

I very much enjoyed the beginings of your previous attempt at this scenario, and I'm looking forward to seeing how this progresses.

I like the idea that the North American rebels fled westwards to Louisiana; what's the situation like in British North America now, especially regarding the slavery question?

I very much enjoyed the beginings of your previous attempt at this scenario, and I'm looking forward to seeing how this progresses.

I like the idea that the North American rebels fled westwards to Louisiana; what's the situation like in British North America now, especially regarding the slavery question?

The people are somewhat upset, but need a bit of a push. Slavery is still allowed, but contained. No slave imports, but existing slaves have their offspring enslaved.

Regionaly, the most upset with British rule is New England, New York, Pennsylvania, and Virginia, the heartland of the old rebellion. The South is increasingly unhappy, due to slavery issues. What we'd call the "Old North-West" aka the Mid-West is the happiest with British rule, and quite content to remain as is. also, Quebec has stronger independence senetments.

I'll have an update tommrow, then I'll get into that part. Alot of editing is involved so its hard work.

The Louisianan political system called for presidential and congressional elections every four years. Sense the founding of the current system in 1804, there had been six elections. The past three had been dominated by the Liberty Party. The Liberty Party an on a platform of tradition. It fared badly in the early elections; at the time, it only had colonial history to go on, and the people wanted fresh ideas for the new democracy. After the initial establishment, more and more people flocked to the Liberty Party as the new traidition set in. I was no surprise that in the fourth election they won in a row, it was a landslide victory. The presidency was won with nearly 99% of the vote, and congress was 37 Liberty, 3 Progressive.

Interesting setup, I love alternate history aars.:) I hope you will make some events of rebellion/secession for Britain btw, Vicky is not good at that alone.

Interesting setup, I love alternate history aars.:) I hope you will make some events of rebellion/secession for Britain btw, Vicky is not good at that alone.

I wanted to make that update large enough that the next one would show off the first set I made, but the two issues really deserved their own posts, so it will be up tonight, then the one after that will be the good one.

Ironicly enough, as a result of the... well, you'll see, but needless to see, what I did seriously broke North America, requring me to write no less then 7 events to fix it, which is what caused the delay between these updates. :rofl:

This will be cool to see if you can do anything xD

The new administration wasted no time in implementing new polices. First up, foreign affairs were pursuded with new vigor. The first in a hopeful serirs of treaties was signed with Mexico, settling the border above Texas. The treaty favored Louisiana, as the area was settled by mostly narives and English and French speaking traders.

Another new program was well overdue; it adressed an issue that was well known to be a problem. Louisiania's vast lands were sparsly populated and hard to police. Therefore a small force of 10,000 volunteers were recruited to patrol the lands. For now, it would hold a parade in the capital.

Unfortunatly, this new unit was highly political. What some would call corruption lead to the escape of several Mexican smugglers after an encounter on the border near Beaver. Many high up did not mind, however, as this paved the way for high level diplomatic talks with Mexico that they hoped would bring great things to Louisiana, but little did they know what was to come...

Squeezed between Two Great Powers. Your country is in a difficult position. What will you do? Colonize? Just hurl your mostly endless hordes at them? Also, Are Jackson Square and Bourbon Street there in this timeline? Subscribed.:D:D

Squeezed between Two Great Powers. Your country is in a difficult position. What will you do? Colonize? Just hurl your mostly endless hordes at them? Also, Are Jackson Square and Bourbon Street there in this timeline? Subscribed.:D:D

Jackson Square is still named Place d' Armes and Bourbon Street is perhaps even more important to New Orleans then OTL.

A great AAR! Alternate american history is always apreciated. How did you give the US controled lands to Britian? I have been trying to mod something simmilar, but when I save, after opening the save game file in word, the game acts like nothing happened? how do you do it?

It's been a month, but this a really good AAR, especially since it deals with alternative American and North American History; hopefully there is still plenty of life in this AAR!

I would love to see this continue!