• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dago

Uruk-hai
4 Badges
Sep 24, 2002
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • 500k Club
largeclrmap15cn.jpg

me and some friends wanted create a similar map for EU2 for some RPG game
do u think is possible?
i dont have enough graphics skills for this,and neither my friends
if there are many problems,i think is welcomed also a more primitive map arranged for EU2

but i d like to know if this is possible,or if exists some similar "pangea" map for arrange at this new one ( so with forests muntains etc etc)

every help is welcomed

i know theres a book called "the atlas of middle earth," which expands this map to a world map. Can't help with the drawing though

Dago said:
but i d like to know if this is possible,or if exists some similar "pangea" map for arrange at this new one ( so with forests muntains etc etc)
Possible, yes.
You could have PTI around the edges. Unless you want to model the full world map as described in the atlas.

Well at this time the west was seperate from Middle Earth anyway, so maybe just draw Middle Earth big and have PTI or Surrounding seas.

Because you'd have to create house rules about humans and sailing west. :) And what tech level would the Valar be at?

Hive said:
That one looks like it could fit nicely into the EU2 map.

I think so too, got two detailed maps of Aman and Nümenor but not a complete Middle Earth map...

Gwalcmai said:
Because you'd have to create house rules about humans and sailing west. :) And what tech level would the Valar be at?

Why not skip all of the main characters and just use races?

Could you give some examples of what you mean? I think you lost me.

Just skip, Sauron, Morgoth, Valor, Gandalf, Aragon etc and simply use:

Elfs
Men
Dwarfs
Orcs
Hobbits

and whatever race exists in LOTR

Now that I think about it, the Second Age is not a particularly good thing to model. How do you represent the destruction of Númenor? The island is supposed to disappear completely, and the world is supposed to be "bent" as men become unable to find Aman. It's easier to just leave those parts out and start with the foundation of Arnor and Gondor. There just seems to be more "play" after the end of the Akallabêth.

i dunno if it's non-profit (which i believe it will be) i dont think they'd have much of a case against it.

edit: although i do remember back when i modded for HL there were a few guys that wanted to make a starwars mod and George Lucas came and told them "no!"

Prolly the same case here anyway....but Paradox does own the rights to CONAN!

Dynokeg said:
Prolly the same case here anyway....but Paradox does own the rights to CONAN!

Correction: Paradox Entertainment owns the rights to Conan. But Paradox Interactive is independent from Paradox Entertainment... so I guess we're stuck on the same problem.

Though, If you insist in not do it, the better thing to do is create a generic sword & fantasy universe in here and create the map with the states. Maybe we can even sell some novels about that world
:)

I hate anally obsessive copyright holders. Especially LucasArts. :mad:

As long as they do not lose money due to a mod, and as long as the mod makers do not *make* money on it, I really cannot see any problem using parts of their (or Tolkien's) universe.

LucasArts won't even allow porting a model from one game to it's sequel (which, btw, annoys me greatly), and I cannot see any possible damage that could do. Did I mention that I don't like LucasArts?

Anyway, my point is that I recently read an online article about copyrights, and both LucasArts and (even more so) the Tolkien Foundation (or whatever it's called) was mentioned as being *very* prone to sueing people left and right...

If I where you, I wouldn't bother spending time on such a project since you are fairly likely to be shut down anyway.

Oh, and on other notes: Stay away from Dynokeg, Birger - he's mine! :p