• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

robin the red

Sergeant
81 Badges
Jun 8, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Semper Fi
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • King Arthur II
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Darkest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
ck2_6_zpsjd7h3lia.png

Hello all! And welcome to my first AAR (Well, there was technically one before this, back in 2013 for EUIII, but that ended after one post when I couldn’t get the pictures to work. I’m not an idiot now, so this will only end with victory or death! Or save file corruption and other such technological issues).

I shall be playing as the Goladi in the 1066 bookmark. The Goladi (also known as East Galindians, known by the Russians as the Goliadj), a tribe of Romuvan balts who by 1066 had migrated from the Baltics to the basin of the Protva River. They are an interesting start to be sure...

Being a Romuvan, old Prussian cultured tribal government completely encircled by Orthodox Russians would be a hard enough start, but every faction I border is also a Rurikovich! Which means they are all allied with each other. My only hope to expand will be to exploit the constant bickering that house Rurikovich is prone to.

That is if I’m not brutally crushed first

I will be roleplaying this mod, meaning my actions will be based on what my characters would do, not what I would do.

I will probably experiment with various writing styles, starting however with a gameplay style.

Mods used: HIP (Historical Immersion Project)

Goals

• Survive!
  • Stay Romuvan.
  • Stay Old Prussian.
  • Expand and Thrive.
There is a good chance that I’ll die early in this AAR, but what’s life without a little risk? No matter what happens, I hope that I can entertain you all, and have fun in the process!

I'll upload the first chapter tomorrow, hopefully.

Last edited:
Reactions:
The Rurikoviches are truly the Karlings of the east. Best of luck!

Alright! Let's see where this goes!

Thank you! I'm wondering the same thing.

The Rurikoviches are truly the Karlings of the east. Best of luck!

Thanks! That is an apt comparison indeed. The house of Rurikovich is a mighty tree... all trees fall...

Just working on the next update now! Should be up shortly.

Last edited:
Right. Lets get started. First off, what kind of person shall lead the Goladi people to greatness? With a start as difficult as this, only the greatest of "great men" shall suffice.

ck2_2_zpsbosidzmo.png

High Chief Myssilmir, the second of his name, ruler of the Goladi people, is not a great man. No Genghis Kahn or Otto von Bismarck here. His only useful skill is his ability to sit around doing nothing for long periods of time without getting bored. He eats like a pig, has a neurotic fear of human interaction, and likes kicking puppies. His diplomacy score is a fat zero, meaning that the gut instinct of most people upon meeting Myssilmir must be to punch him hard in the gut. His highest stat is stewardship at 5. Which is probably about as high as he can count.

ck2_8_zpsmw8xk9bw.png

Firstly, I decide to give Myssilmir the war focus, as I foresee allot of war in this hapless fools future. With the +3 martial the war focus gives me, Myssilmir now has 8 martial. An average score, but much better then what he had before.

Next, I need to find Myssilmir a bride. Hopefully one with a good allience attached to it, as the Goladi need all the freinds they can get.

ck2_9_zpsbuxk1xxu.png

I turn my eyes west, back to the Baltic motherland. Kruonis is of house Palemonaitis, possibly the most powerful family of Romuvan faith. The family, through different branches, rules both the Lithuanian and Samogitian tribes, the largest and second largest tribes of the Balkans respectively. Hopefully, in our time of need, these (relatively) mighty allies will help out there distant Baltic brothers. Well, brothers in law, as Kruonis is the sister of the high chief of Lietuva (Lithuania).

Kruonis is not much better stat wise then her soon to be husband, but at least shes a good person, which is more than I can say for Myssilmir. But then again it’s not difficult being a better person then Myssilmir.

My only other asset is Kazarie, Myssilmirs sister. She can read long sentences and do algebra, but thats about it.

ck2_3_zpsofb9exuj.png

I tried in vain to marry her off, but nobody would wanted her. I even tried paying them to take her, but to no avail.

ck2_15_zpsuoowcyl1.png

So for now poor Kazarie is destined for a life of spinsterhood. Though I doubt Myssilmir cares. Probably relishes in her misery. Poor thing, maybe I’ll make her a preistess or something, her learning's high enough.

Speaking of which, I’d better have a look at my council.

ck2_7_zpsp7ffxaxd.png

Not bad, all things considered. Except my spymaster. Golding is certainly not a "Golden boy" (in regards to intrigue at least). Also, none of them are fond of their employer. In fact, they all quite dislike him. But seeing as their employer is Myssilmir, who can blame them? I don't like him, and I’m playing as him!

So thus begins the saga of the Goladi. Surrounded by a ring of land hungry Rurikovich princes, all Orthodox and all allied with one another through blood, our future looks bleak. Will Myssilmir and his decedents rise to the pinnacle of human greatness? Or will they disappear from history, throats cut by Russian swords the minute I unpause the game? Find out in the next update! Wish me luck!

ck2_17_zpsx1hqwbdg.png

I'll need it.

Well, don't die so quickly.:p