• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
OOC: That lake is outside Moria, so I greatly disagree with considering it controlled by K.Dum. And even if you consider such a thing, you could at least warn, IMO.
Actually I thought you would be well aware of the fact since Khazad-Dûm's provinces are named in the stats. Since you are also bordering it on the map I did not ask if you really want to occupy it because well the border is not there since yesterday but since the start of the game . . .

Actually I thought you would be well aware of the fact since Khazad-Dûm's provinces are named in the stats. Since you are also bordering it on the map I did not ask if you really want to occupy it because well the border is not there since yesterday but since the start of the game . . .

The map is really difficult to read without any anotations, and the idea of the dwarves having all the valley for themselves as a province is very ridicolous. From the wiki:

"Nanduhirion as it is known in Sindarin, lies in the northwestern portion of Lothlórien. Beginning at the Eastern Gate of Moria, one first encounters the dwarf and elf camp Mekhem-bizru [11.5S, 78.4W] at the western end of the valley and Echad Andestel [14.2S, 73.1W] at the eastern end"

That is from the lotro-wiki. Lotro plays in the time of the war of the ring while we are one thousand years before that(Which is emphasized on the mention of Moria while we have no Moria yet. Moria means "Black Pit" and was the name of Khazad-Dûm after the Balrog ousted the dwarves). As far as I got my sources Lórien really is no more than the Golden Wood while the area between the wood and Khazad-Dûm is controlled by both parties with emphasis on the dwarves.

But since you cite LOTRO I understand your confusion :) I will think on it and look for a solution.

That is from the lotro-wiki. Lotro plays in the time of the war of the ring while we are one thousand years before that(Which is emphasized on the mention of Moria while we have no Moria yet. Moria means "Black Pit" and was the name of Khazad-Dûm after the Balrog ousted the dwarves). As far as I got my sources Lórien really is no more than the Golden Wood while the area between the wood and Khazad-Dûm is controlled by both parties with emphasis on the dwarves.

But since you cite LOTRO I understand your confusion :) I will think on it and look for a solution.

Afa, I quoted LOTRO since it is the only reference I found of somebody controlling Nanduhirion, it is very difficult to find an appropiate conclusion for the time our game is set in (nothing to argue about that, I know the difference and only used Moria bcz is shorter to write). If we take a look on our timeline, it is unclear that the lake and its surroundings were controlled by dwarves, specially when they normally prefer to build and develop inside the earth.

I am not arguing anything about the rolls or the result: I rolled a 1, the action was an absolute mess and I expect bad things to happen. Which I don´t undertsand is an ally automatically declaring war for an expansionist but,imo, not invasive action.

And just to be clear: I am very happy with this game and I am aware of the difficulties of GMing, so if you want to end this discussion just say it and I wont bring it up again.

Hardest though was the fate of Gondor which was striken by a tax revolt. While a triffle matter after some investigation the King in his panic choose to recall a great number of troops and left the North and West practically undefended which left the inhabitants of Calenardhon practically on their own. Seeing that they declared independence from Gondor and the King was to troubled with some nobles trying to compete for his favor in Minas Anor to bother much for the barbarians.[-50 infantry to Gondor, -3000 Gold to Gondor, Dunland independent of Gondor]

OOC: I gave no orders about this, and the orders I did send are not mentioned either way. I guess Arnor just beat me to Tharbad, but what about the rest?

I, Lord Warden Iarwain Deaghaidh, would like to reaffirm his desire for peace and friendship with Gondor. Recent events have shown that the King in Minas Tirith is simply too far removed from our lands to be able to make responsible, informed decisionsabout it. So at the urging of my people, I have taken the rule of Calenardhon and Dunland upon myself.

As the King has recalled his soldiers from the area, my men will occupy the fortresses at Dunharrow and Aglarond (Helm's Deep), while the White Council and its leader Saruman will continue to have control over Orthanc.

I hope for an orderly transition to a state of peacable independance and friendship between Gondor and Dunland.

You rolled a 3, a 4 and a 2 on your orders (I roll on PC so no table end may falsify the numbers) and after I wrote a wall of text about how bad that went for everyone since no one rolled really well I shortened the update to a text where only the greatest failures were reported. Arnor rolled a 5 on getting Tharbad while totally screwing up the rest for example.

@nacho: I make an event about it, just relax for the moment.

Important hint: Almost all trade got killed for this one turn - bear that in mind when you do your next orders because if you run zero your people will rebel - there are no banks or something alike to that.

You rolled a 3, a 4 and a 2 on your orders (I roll on PC so no table end may falsify the numbers) and after I wrote a wall of text about how bad that went for everyone since no one rolled really well I shortened the update to a text where only the greatest failures were reported. Arnor rolled a 5 on getting Tharbad while totally screwing up the rest for example.

Important hint: Almost all trade got killed for this one turn - bear that in mind when you do your next orders because if you run zero your people will rebel - there are no banks or something alike to that.

OOC: Ok, so bad luck on Tharbad and presumably worse luck on my other endeavors. I'm not opposed to things going freakishly badly for everyone once in a while, btw. Keeps things lively. :D

I'm also fine with mining LOTRO for information about areas ignored by the canon, such as Dunland, Forochel, the Lone Lands, etc.

((Can I take over Khazad Dûm now that Ab dropped it?))

((I only had 1,000 gold, I lost 2,000 and you said all trade was halted... So does this mean I'm -1000 and that all my people will rebel? At least I got the southern quarter... Can we have an updated map BTW?))

Official letter from the Mayor of the shire's office to the king of dunland.

I welcome you and your people breaking from the yoke of gondor and I would like to extend a trading route between our two countries.

((You are at 0 now, so keep that in mind - also map and stats will be up by weekend))

The game is in limbo until I have found more time since I must admit that the time precious and I am very involved in other games as well which leads to suffer for this game. Until I have more time and some help in the administration of the game compareable to the number of players I can't guarantee quality and immersion and therefor postpone it until later.

I apologize for that and thank all for participation.

If there is an open spot i want in.

That's no match for power of wishful thinking