• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Peak strength seems a reasonable point of departure for an alternative history AAR.

Good read. With the factions system and other additions the Empire seems much more interesting - not to mention having retinues - so I'm persuaded this is a buy.

Now that the Imperial Conquest CB can only be used by the Restored Roman Empire its actually quite hard to achieve said resoration. Starting in 1081, the ERE is incapable of defeating its nearest enemy, Run, because Rum is allied with the massive Seljuk Sultanate. And it also appears that they fixed the catholic baron claimant bug, where I could land a claimant, press the claim, then revoke the heretic Catholics title with no -opinion. these fixes greatly balance the ERE, making a total restoration of the Roman Empire much harder

The situation in 1066/67 has not changed much. You still have dejure claims in southern Italy and so you can get the lands province by province, while at the same time trying to fabricate claims in required provinces of northern Italy (for which you have no claim). When I did this AAR there was also no Imperial Conquest CB.

The situation in 1066/67 has not changed much. You still have dejure claims in southern Italy and so you can get the lands province by province, while at the same time trying to fabricate claims in required provinces of northern Italy (for which you have no claim). When I did this AAR there was also no Imperial Conquest CB.

But when you declared on that Serbian duchy you used Imperial Reconquest didn't you?