• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Zeestroyer

Private
47 Badges
Mar 18, 2018
  • BATTLETECH: Flashpoint
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • BATTLETECH: Season pass
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • BATTLETECH: Heavy Metal
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Semper Fi
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars Pre-Order
  • Magicka 2
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Surviving Mars
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities in Motion 2
Kind of an odd request here, I see lots of people needing help on how to optimize their PCs but I am looking to go in the other direction and there is limited information.
I've gone from my old potato build to finally getting fully upgraded and would like to push the advanced settings in "Documents\Paradox Interactive\Stellaris" to their limit.

Already unlocked the Vsync and framerate, but would like any other suggestions people may have come across? I know the settings doc shows 120 as the max but it's pushing more like 340-400 if I don't cap it with my AMD tuning.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    29,6 KB · Views: 0
IMO you don't want fps over 120 with this game, as you are pushing the GPU for no game purpose; as a non-action game any more fps has no benefit. And you risk overheating the GPU.

So aside from high fps rates what kind of things are you looking to improve?

DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/settings.txt and pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/logs/ folder, attach here system.log , error.log .

• 1Like
Reactions:
IMO you don't want fps over 120 with this game, as you are pushing the GPU for no game purpose; as a non-action game any more fps has no benefit. And you risk overheating the GPU.

So aside from high fps rates what kind of things are you looking to improve?

DXDIAG is a program you run from the Windows search box on the task bar. After running it will open a window and start collecting info with a progress bar in the lower-left corner. When it completes click the 'save all information' button and save it to a file then attach that file here.

Please attach here your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/settings.txt and pdx_settings.txt .
From your Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/logs/ folder, attach here system.log , error.log .

Attachments

• DxDiag.txt
    92,3 KB · Views: 0
  • settings.txt
    1,6 KB · Views: 0
  • system.log
    7,1 KB · Views: 0
  • error.log
    1,5 KB · Views: 0
Aside from high fps rates what kind of things are you looking to improve or increase? Do you actively want a frame rate over 60, or 120?

That aside, from that error log you may have a corrupted installation. Please do a full **clean** re-install:

- move any valued save games elsewhere, and user_empire_designs.txt from /Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris/ if you have made any custom empires or races.
- "uninstall" in Steam-Stellaris
- manually delete both the Steam/SteamApps/common/Stellaris AND Documents/Paradox Interactive/Stellaris folders
- re-install game in Steam, run a Steam Verify when done.
- add stellaris.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.
- start the game with no mods active and test

In particular you need to make sure there are no files or folders left under either the Steam Stellaris or Documents Stellaris locations, before installing again.