• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I may do a video with that highlord in combat. Do you have any footage of it in action? If so, we could do a video where we just talk about it for like 5-10ish minutes
Trebor, I want to say that the highlord does its job, but I am thinking that it is such a lategame unit, that it really is not likely to be instrumental in the game. I mean, in the end, the thing pretty much slays:

Ranged damage 2.png

And this is with a roughly 50% crit rate. But I wonder if we really want to get into this unit as an example of how ranged heroes work. It is very hard to bring this guy into the fight.

I think the early game units are probably a lot more practical to discuss.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Jezuz, the DPS on the Pheonix Bomb is bonkers.

And pretty healthy too. 100 health with 6 armor / 1 shield. That takes a few hits. Plus laser accuracy. not bad.

Edit:

Still though, on second look, you have to maximize at least 2 tech arms to get this. You have to maximize Laser tech for accuracy and disintegrate and you have to maximize Promethean tech to get Phoenix Bomb. This is a damn stretch from a early or mid-game unit.

It may actually be easier to get the High Lord in combat than to get this.

Last edited:
Trebor,

Try swapping the late-game High Lord out for this guy:

Ranged heroes 21.png

Reason being that the Conduit was a mis-label I actually tried to strike out, because the screenshot game did not have all of the mods available. This is definitely the superior.

And note that the Chaos Inducer no longer functions as I recall. It does not function on units that have an immunity. That is most high-tier units, making the mod now worthless. I would replace it with a sequential kill system, which would be absolutely amazing for this unit.

And change the late-game Voidtech unit to this:

Ranged heroes 22.png

Reason being that you have Void Storm as one of your mods. This is not repeatable, as the voidtech tank is a different secret tech, and cannot be purchased normally. The only way you can get that is to find a voidtech Rift Generator in a landmark.

This void generator is WAY more easily produced.

And void storm on the psi-tank? Is that a widely accepted build? That puts you really close to the action for a ranged hero...

Reason being that you have Void Storm as one of your mods. This is not repeatable, as the voidtech tank is a different secret tech, and cannot be purchased normally. The only way you can get that is to find a voidtech Rift Generator in a landmark.

This void generator is WAY more easily produced.

And void storm on the psi-tank? Is that a widely accepted build? That puts you really close to the action for a ranged hero...

Do you mean Aether Storm? That mod is a psionic mod. But yeah, I'll swap out the high-lord

Last edited:
Ah, I thought it was a Psynumbra tech, not just on the psi-tech line.

Still, this only requires you to max out two tech lines, not three. This is probably open to you late mid-game, the other requires you to go way further. Whatever you like though.