Looking for talented individuals

• Hearts of Iron IV Survey

Help us make HoI IV better by sharing your experiences in this 5 minute survey

• Crusader Kings III Available Now!

The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.

Real Strategy Requires Cunning

Hapuga

Major
8 Badges
Jan 14, 2010
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • 500k Club
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Age of Wonders III
Greetings friends,

My name is Konstantin, better known as Hapuga on the forums. I am one of the authors of the Cold Sunrise expansion and author of the dlc fix for majesty collection.

I am working on a new ambitious, exciting project, of a pretty big scale. This is mostly a sandbox for myself, a playground, but I would eventually want to have something bigger. I am writing a game engine that would specifically orient RTS and ARPG types of games. The engine is in early development stage, meaning that there is plenty of creative work that could be done in various areas. This is an opportunity for you to learn and build something exciting. I have a couple of cards up my sleeve regarding what I want to do next, but I won't reveal the plans just yet :)

I am looking mostly for programmers, preferably with strong networking experience and engine architecture experience. The complexity of the engine is "medium-hard", so I would expect at least basic understanding of the game engine architecture and solid c++ skills.

I am also looking for people who are very passionate about "God games", and games with indirect unit control in general. And of course, Majesty fans come to mind directly :) I need people who are familiar with game design (or would like to expand their knowledge) in these areas. Experience with rapid prototyping in Unity/Unreal is a huge plus.

Majesty 2: Cold Sunrise was a mod that brought me into videogame development. I used to be a business major getting your average business degree without clear plans for the future. After the mod, I took a 180 degree turn. I got a computer science degree and became a software engineer. Now I make videogames for life :) Perhaps this is a chance for you to express yourself like I once did.

TLDR: This project is an opportunity for you to express yourself. I am willing to make it open-source once we have a substantial base.