• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(22470)

Recruit
Nov 23, 2003
Visit site
Hate to have to post this, as it's probably a mistake of mine, however, I installed the game, clicked on the icon, went through the motions, selected Gand Campaign, chose prussia, and got a CTD after hitting start. (Monitor flashed a few times then CTD)

SO I think "Ok", went Downloaded 1.01 NA patch, retried same event. Went to config, changed monitor settings, Only two choices were 1020X768 or 1280X1020, so I changed it to the one not being used, restarted, same event. Uninstalled, rebooted, reinstalled, loaded, patched, Same event, no matter which country I choose or which scenario. ANy advice on what I am doing wrong?

System specs: PIII 1 Gig
1gig Sdram
64mb ati Raedon 7500
KDS monitor.
Windows XP Home

p.s. this happend alot on EUII when I tried to ru it on windows XP, however Victoria is saying it's ok on xp, so just not sure.

yes it is often the AVI folder, I believe you can just delete it if you want (i believe it is just for the intro)

damn windows xp (i run it too, crash's a lot of my gmaes that were stable before I installed this crap software)

Aleksandyr, Rename the AVI folder to AVI_back and let me know if that solves the problem.

Fixed it, many thanks :) Now just got dealt a nice CTD after making it to 1874. Though I did get the great sensation of crushing the russians, while fighting for the turks, made it all the way up to near st. petersburg area from sevestpol, only to have them sue for peace with russians :-(

Glad you are back up and running.