• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

froglegs

Colonel
4 Badges
Mar 10, 2005
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Darkest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • 500k Club
Which file contains the Japanese surrender conditions? I have been looking for 15 minutes and cannot seem to find it.

Thanks in advance!

Searching for "surrender" in folder db/events with filter "*jap*" yields events 3824 and 3825 in file db/events/vanilla/cored_japan.txt .
Searching for "surrender" in folder config yields key EVT_43_NAME; searching for key EVT_43_NAME in folder db/events yields event 43.

That should be all. Further events, should they exist, can easily be found on observation by noting down their title and option names and searching those in folder config to obtain their keys, then search for these keys in folder db/events (with subfolders).

Searching for "surrender" in folder db/events with filter "*jap*" yields events 3824 and 3825 in file db/events/vanilla/cored_japan.txt .
Searching for "surrender" in folder config yields key EVT_43_NAME; searching for key EVT_43_NAME in folder db/events yields event 43.

That should be all. Further events, should they exist, can easily be found on observation by noting down their title and option names and searching those in folder config to obtain their keys, then search for these keys in folder db/events (with subfolders).

Thanks! I guess I should have been more specific. Those are of course the HOI2 events for Japanese surrender to China. I am looking for terms of surrender to USA instead and I guess there are none.

The reason I ask is because unlike the normal games, I am trying out a "Japan First" game as USA. Otherwise, I never continue a game after Germany is defeated and Tokyo is taken. A habit of a chess player perhaps. I am aware that periodically the game engine will have Japan beg me for a negotiated settlement offering back a few tokens that they have taken from other nations but keeping Japan whole even though they are negotiating from a position of utter defeat.

Mmh. I am pretty sure event 43 is the one you are interested in. You can find it quickly by searching for "id = 43" in folder db/events using the option "Match whole word only".

Vanilla events are usually kept as "vanilla" in the CORE file hierarchy until modified very substantially (for a gut-feeling definition of "substantial").

I see the problem with it. In event 43. it assumes that Japan is at war with USA and China. However, Japan has made China a puppet so it won't fire in my game.

No problem. I can fix that.

Thanks!