• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

RandomXno

Recruit
Dec 5, 2021
Greetings,

I am looking for help with an issue where the game keeps crashing on any action I take.

At 1st it was a crash when exiting to desktop after I finished a playing session. Then later it occurred on anything: trying to edit a custom empire, creating a custom empire and even trying to play with any of the default empires.

the weird thing is that for a couple of days, I was able to play a saved file of a couple of my custom empires and the crash would not happen untill I exited to desktop.

I have already tried repairing and uninstalling- reinstalling the whole game and DLCs I got.

All and any advice is welcomed.

- I play on PC (laptop). Windows 10 . Ver 20H2
- I purchased and play the game via GoG Galaxy

Looking for answers online, I understood the crash files are needed. 1st time ever doing something like this, but I think I am attaching the correct files for the sample. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thanks for your attention.

Attachments

• error.log
    467 bytes · Views: 0
  • error.log
  • error.log
Coming to update on my issue.

I tried some of the suggested solutions to similar problems posted on these forums, but the issue got worse. The game now crashes during the start up, when the progress bar makes it to 30%.

I am attaching other files I have seen requested for similar issues. However after I tried unistalling and deleting all files related to Stellaris, there is no "settings.txt" . There was one before when the game made it to the main screen.

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Attachments

• pdx_settings.txt
    288 bytes · Views: 0
  • system.log
    5,1 KB · Views: 0
  • error.log
[23:08:27][virtualfilesystem_physfs.cpp:1193]: Could not open file: settings.txt, error: permission denied
Your antivirus app is getting in the way. Add stellaris.exe to the exceptions list of your antivirus app; ESPECIALLY if you have Windows Defender, add it to the Ransomware "Apps Allowed Through" list.

You should add galaxy.exe and C:/users/<UserName>/AppData/Local/Programs/Paradox Interactive/launcher-v2.2021.10/paradox launcher.exe to that list.