• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Are they relaunching the TT game? My local games store was of the opinion that the TT branch of the franchise was dead and gone, and that was a shame.

I've wanted to get into the TT for a while, if anyone around Green Bay WI knows of a place to get books and mechs and such and wants to start a game.

Are they relaunching the TT game? My local games store was of the opinion that the TT branch of the franchise was dead and gone, and that was a shame.

I've wanted to get into the TT for a while, if anyone around Green Bay WI knows of a place to get books and mechs and such and wants to start a game.
There are two new BattleTech Boxed Sets expected to come out from Catalyst Game Labs at some point soon: https://store.catalystgamelabs.com/

I just checked the site though and could not find them listed yet however.

It looks like roll20 doesn't support Battletech. A shame, as I would have loved to be in on any ongoing campaign via that platform.

Hey good news, I saw a guy on Reddit talking about getting a BT league going here in Green Bay! And that was before the new boxes were announced.

No firm plans but anyone else in NE Wisconsin, as of now there are at least two actual humans interested! Actual humans!

I don't think this other guy is on the Paradox Board but if/when this will become a thing I'll post it here.

Actually just heard from him! Tentative plan is for Sunday, April 8 at Gnome Games West in GB, WI.

My 1st BT TT game today! Any other BT players in the Green Bay area it's at noon, Gnome Games Green Bay West (the one by Lambeau Field).

If other players are willing I'll post some pics later.

No pics yet, though one of the other guys posted some on FB. Good times were had by all.

The other 3 players had all played together years ago, but long enough to have forgotten plenty. We did a 2 v 2, 250 tons a player. I took what I still think was a solid lance (Jenner, Catapult, Hunchback, Atlas). However I made a couple of key errors which delayed getting my hunch and Atlas into the frey until my ally was already in trouble. I managed to get my Jenner into the enemies rear, only to whiff on the alpha strike at point blank range. Also whiffed with the kick.

Did an alpha strike (less the rear facing lasers) with an Atlas against a Banshee at close range, only to hit with one medium laser. The Hunchback couldnt hit water if he fell out of a boat. My Catapult might have well stayed home for all the good he did.

My Jenner was the first casualty, followed by my allies Cyclops. With enemy assaults closing in on it, my ally tried a DFA with his catapult. He was shot out of the sky by an enemy Atlas AC20, and the Catapults LRM ammo exploded on impact with the ground. With the shop closing and 3 mechs down our side conceded defeat.

Good times were had by all, except the dead pilots. Hopefully this becomes a regular thing.

If encourage people interested in finding a game to try Findbattletech subreddit, which was how we set this one up.

Somebody said tabletop? I'm in!

dYdCw1C.jpg

svGzf5V.jpg

UuVYgSW.jpg

:) Old and new!

It's a long shot, but why not. I'm in Alice Springs, Australia if anyone's up for the occasional game.

Also, there's a group that meets on Saturdays in Parker, Colorado (at Collector Mania if I remember right) that REALLY has their "stuff" together. I highly recommend them if you're looking for organized play with a pretty large and experienced group.

wow you guys are awesome I hope the new TT game is supported by stuff like that. One of the things that really drag me in as a fan of Battletech were the little cameo short stories in the early rule books and the side bar stories in the scenario packs/ books. They really brought the feel of the campaign universe to life. The old periphery guide is a great example .