• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Elio Vasa said:
You mean that river prov must be painted in the IDs layer but its border isn't necessary to be drawn in the border layer?

You just draw the river on the IDs layer as if it was another province. But just long and thin. Then you choose the borders layer and paint the red border in the middle of the river if you need a border there. (Some rivers go through a province so no need for border there.)

Matyas Corvin said:
After months of silence I'm showing results of eliomap,
maybe there will be comments about drawing it ...
here it is a portion of it in the extreme corner down on the right
http://www.savefile.com/files/1477944
Zoom: lightmap1
ID Convertor Type: Inferis2
MapInfo version : 1
Error: The shading layer is missing

Oboy, your layers need to be fixed :eek:

Nicknames of same man, but it can happen on forums ...
Where did You go till now? :(
I was advised by CT about deleting not necessary coastal lines and borders between sea zones (sorry).
Wow, injected with success in elio.eu2map.
I saw that area by mview.exe.
I'll work on the upper corner on the right.

Last edited:
I want to say sorry for my bad English, I speak a North Germanic language and not a West Germanic, so sorry if it is hard to understand the text below.

Here you can download block4.psd for further progress >>> http://www.savefile.com/files/1479765

I was to kind and made block2 for you, but now I wand to see progress from your side as well.
Okey, I want you to open block4.psd in Photoshop when you have downloaded the file.
Gimb will also be okey to use, but my guide will be for photoshop.
When you are have opened block4.psd in photoshop I want you to press on the button (Magic Wand .4).
This Magic Wand are used to select an area to paint. When painting the color will stay in the selected space.
Remember to not use (Brush .10), insteed I want you to use the (pencil .10).
okey, all spaces in the IDs layer that have no color most be filled in by the nerest provinces colors.
When this is done, remember to loke after misscolored spaces.

you have done this already? okey good, now unselect every thing with the (Magic Wand .4) and after that you should select the (Create New Shading "Magellan Actions to the right") by one mouse click.
When selected you press on the play button and a layer set will be created for you.
okey, now you press (update provinces "Magellan Actions to the right") and the shading will be created.
After the shading have been done for you project, you need to select the layer set but first minimise the layer set to one space.
When done, go up to the menu and select (layer) and (merge layer set).
When done, right click on the layer (New Shading) and select (layer properties).
There you most rename the layer to Shading.

And the last thing you need to do now after the Shading have been finished are to create the borders for every province.
You create the Borders by selecting the (update Borders "Magellan Actions to the right").
Remember that the Borders layer most be empty before pressing play, if not.
Then create a new Borders layer and delete the old.

You can delete the IDs copy and save the file and every thing is complete for injecting to tbl data.

photoshop_tools_palette.gif

Matyas Corvin said:
well, let's go step by step ...
I understood:
- the file in psd format (I always name it block.psd) is a portion of map that DOS application mimage.exe inserts in the world map;
- the file block.psd made by Photoshop must have 4 layers only;
- 1 layer of them is map data, that must NOT be edited;
- 1 layer of them is (political) borders created by magellan action tool in photoshop, that must be present only between 2 land provs or with rivers or lakes, with no coastal lines and borders between 2 sea zones;
- 1 layer named IDs, with all coloured provs without other colours or empty areas along borders;
- 1 layer named shading Created by magellan action tool in photoshop.
How about only this step?

Corrected! ;)

Matyas Corvin said:
Well, I can work on 3 layers and need help now with shading layer.

The only thing I need when you send files to me are the map layer (Do not change)
And the IDs layer (Coloured provinces)

Shading and Borders are easy to make.
The layer you sent yesterday are finished (Alaska)

If you could fix some of the colors between provinces in the IDs layer it would be fine. :)

One more thing, I recommend to use (Start x,Start y,space betwen,Space between,End x,End y,Area name.psd) for your files. It will be many files and this way you can find them easier on your computer. ;)

cool-toxic said:
You need to fix that ID map or else you'll not get any further.
really encouraging, recreating it takes time but it is not impossible (already done it).
Error message about nuances in IDs layer can't be related to the whole map but in some areas.

Here is an picture for you Elio. This is how I work when I have coloured my provinces.

I fill in the space between provinces with the same colour of one of the bordering provinces on the IDs layer as rest of the provinces are painted on.

On the picture you see me painting one area and you see that I have painted one area that are selected.

The thing that is wrong on your map Elio, is that you have a lot of different colours between every province.