• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Tunch Khan said:
Ok, but then what is the exact date we are looking at?

Hmm 1419, but it looks like if you can use it for other ages also!

can someone draw some lines on this picture, so that there will be less provinces!
balkan3xk.png

Krantz said:
I am reaching for less provinces and more historical ones.
Elio said that we shall make provinces after not knowing that there will come a historical war in the area, so i deleted Båhuslen it was part of Viken.

And Enare was part of Finnmark.

Blekinge and Halland have neaver been accepted to be part of a Skåneland.
And they was maybe also part of Tiohärad before Skåne.
??? :confused:
I believe Skåne, Halland and Blekinge are all what is Skåneland…
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skåneland

Herr Doctor said:
??? :confused:
I believe Skåne, Halland and Blekinge are all what is Skåneland…
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skåneland

Okey sorry if i am wrong now, but they where conquered by Scania from Hallin, Fjäre and Blekinge.

They can maybe have been part of old kingdomes like Finnveden and Värend.

The Name Skåneland where first used by us Swedes 1868, introduced by Martin Weibull.

There was an Lagsaga in Själland, Halland, Blekinge and Skåne so there was an Skåneland!
so there for have I made an edit of the post!

There are no proff of this I am saying, but it would be fun to have them in the game to strengthen Denmark in the beginning.

Flame of Udûn said:
To give it an own province while e.g. Skurup doesn't have one is a bit unfair imo :D

Skurup is noffing to talk about! only a place with many stinky scanian.

I have no clue how to paint Italia, so I only painted those provinces i found, maybe some on can correct and try to have so less provinces as possibol.
Or I'am going to wait for Elio.
italia8ur.png

Krantz said:
Had an idea to merge:

Sardinia to one province
Sicily to one province
Neapal to only own two provinces
and the other i don't know!

Are thinking over if i should merge Halland, Blekinge and Skåne, but maybe Denmark will be to small then?
Agree that Sardiny and Sicily to be one province.

Make Liguria only coastal province. Northern Italy needs at least 2 more provinces.
Northern part of Liguria should be Piemont and one more province could emerge in Lombardy...

Krantz said:
Had an idea to merge:

Sardinia to one province

At least reduce the number of provinces.

Krantz said:
Sicily to one province
No, Sicily was ridicolously rich. Consider adding one.

Krantz said:
Are thinking over if i should merge Halland, Blekinge and Skåne, but maybe Denmark will be to small then?
Blekinge+Skåne definately, But Halland should be seperate imho. Halland became Swedish before Skåne and Blekinge

elvain said:
Agree that Sardiny and Sicily to be one province.

Make Liguria only coastal province. Northern Italy needs at least 2 more provinces.
Northern part of Liguria should be Piemont and one more province could emerge in Lombardy...

Yes was looking for more provinces in the north, but i had no good map for that!

Okey going to merge Sadinia and Sicily

Flame of Udûn said:
At least reduce the number of provinces.

No, Sicily was ridicolously rich. Consider adding one.

Blekinge+Skåne definately, But Halland should be seperate imho. Halland became Swedish before Skåne and Blekinge

But as i said we should not think about historical war, so halland is part of skåneland!

I can say that in the scandinavian area the size of some provs can be considered big, but it's an effect of low population density.
About south Europe area there were added some provs in Italy or in Portugal to help local economy according to the opinion that Europe is the heart of the game.
I think about it in a different manner, so the number of all my european provs will be surely decreased ...
Sardinia (latin form of italian Sardegna) with only 1 prov can go on final map: I just remember that its extension is 24000kmq.
Other much smaller islands had only symbolic mean in vanilla map and won't be considered by me; I'll make a list for them.

Elio Vasa said:
I can say that in the scandinavian area the size of some provs can be considered big, but it's an effect of low population density.
About south Europe area there were added some provs in Italy or in Portugal to help local economy according to the opinion that Europe is the heart of the game.
I think about it in a different manner, so the number of all my european provs will be surely decreased ...
Sardinia (latin form of italian Sardegna) with only 1 prov can go on final map: I just remember that its extension is 24000kmq.
Other much smaller islands had only symbolic mean in vanilla map and won't be considered by me; I'll make a list for them.

About those provinces i removed in Italy, i will consider to add them again.
They will maybe be nice to use!

I have also painted 6 provinces for Portugal.

If i have counted the provinces right, we should have 23 provinces in Italy.

Last edited:
Elio Vasa said:
Portuguese provs in my list are:
Trasos Montes, Beiras, Tejo, Alentejo, Algarve (+ Azores in Atlantic O.)
I'll consider Madeira Island (nearly 1000kmq) designed on the map but part of Canarias prov, not as free prov.
Why part of Canarias? Madeira was owned by Portugal and Canary Islands were owned by Spain. I say Madeira deserves an own province :)

Krantz said:

um, I really don't like this set up.

Scotland:

Fife - Is only a TINY part of that province
Argyll - Certainly isn't an island off the mainland
Strathclyde - Also covering Lothian where the capital should be? I think not.

Solution = redo all the borders (really). Strathcyde needs to be split into Strathclyde and Lothian. If you wish to have only one border with England then include Lothian into the 'Borders' and give Strathclyde an upper-left chunk off your province. Not perfect but better than you have. Split 'Fife' into two, calling the East Fife and the West Argyll (or better expand your Argyll into that Fife province.)

England:

Wessex - No, Wessex as an entity didn't exist at all in this timeframe and certainly didn't exist in the location you have made it.
Sussex - Far to much to the West
West, Middle, East Anglia - You are joking here surely?

Solution = Rename Wessex to Gloucestershire, rename Sussex to Hampshire, Middle Anglia to Lincolnshire, East Anglia to Anglia and West Anglia to...... Lancashire (sp). Far from perfect, but more acurate than the names you have.

Good luck on this project, will follow it with interest.

Ayeshteni

Ayeshteni said:
England:

Wessex - No, Wessex as an entity didn't exist at all in this timeframe and certainly didn't exist in the location you have made it.
Sussex - Far to much to the West
West, Middle, East Anglia - You are joking here surely?

Solution = Rename Wessex to Gloucestershire, rename Sussex to Hampshire, Middle Anglia to Lincolnshire, East Anglia to Anglia and West Anglia to...... Lancashire (sp). Far from perfect, but more acurate than the names you have.

Good luck on this project, will follow it with interest.

Ayeshteni

Wessex has been an 'entity' since Anglosaxon times. So, depending on where you choose the borders to be, you can call it either Wessex or Gloucestershire, depending on your preference.

West Anglia should could be the Midlands, generally.

Also, I've always favoured renaming Cornwall the West Country. The reason being that it's an area that coveres far more than Cornwall (Cornwall being the sourth-westernly most county which borders the channel...) and would just be more geographically correct, IMO.

Regarding your solution, I pretty much agree. If we're renaming all the Anglias, then rename East Anglia, Norfolk. Lancashire is spelt correctly :)