• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Flame of Udûn said:
Do you have a better name for the long province? You seem to be good with names :)

Okey i don't know if you understand where the name Kväneland comes from.

But when the many different tribes invaded Scandinavia from Russia, we started to call them Finne.

one of these tribes was the Kväner and they settled down in Norrland.

And took tribute from the Samer tribe. We started to call them Lapp after some years.

They also controlled Finnish Lappi and small areas of Hålogaland.

Västerbotten is a name on the settlement of Swedes in Kväneland.
The Swedes settled down near the Östersjön and started to colonize up towards the rest of Kväneland.

So a Västerbotten should be nice to use!

who would fight for this almost unhabited land? :D

Elio Vasa said:
@Krantz:
I would suggest You that after defining Scandinavia area,
move to its neighbour sea zones and to Baltic Sea as my picture shows
till Island and Western Isles
because British Isles area is more simpler than HRE area (really a mosaic).

ok! :)
anglia1nz.png

Last edited:
Nice ideas so far. If you ever consider fixing Asia Minor here's a map I've created for 1453 period. Hope you like it:

AsiaMinor_1453.JPG

Also, if I may, I would suggest splitting Kashka in two and renaming the northern half Herzeg (or Herzegovina) and the south half as Montenegro (or Zeta). The Kalchides province you created should also be renamed to either Salonika or Thessaloniki (both Greek and Ottoman provincial names), because the larger province was always referred with it's main city's name. The name you came up with must refer to Halkidikí Penninsula just south of Saloniki, and it does not cover the whole region. Other alternative names could be South Macedonia or Rumelia (in this case the province Rumelija should be properly renamed Eastern Rumelija). You can also add Khios and Lesbos islands to the Aegean Sea.

Krantz said:
Yes, I like it!

But I am not so good on the Ottoman area, can I merge some provinces together so there will be more ids left after editing the territory.
Do what you think is necessary, I can suggest a few fixes once you merge them.

here is little suggestion for EastAnatolia/Armenia and Georgia
eastanatolia0ex.png

regions are called like major Armenian/Georgian principalities/kingdoms in 9th - 14th century

Western border of Little Armenia is river Euphrates

What is the timeframe of this map project? Provinces have changed names and sizes with different rulers. Is it EU II period that starts with 1419?

Tunch Khan said:
What is the timeframe of this map project? Provinces have changed names and sizes with different rulers. Is it EU II period that starts with 1419?

I am reaching for less provinces and more historical ones.
Elio said that we shall make provinces after not knowing that there will come a historical war in the area, so i deleted Båhuslen it was part of Viken.

And Enare was part of Finnmark.

Last edited:
Krantz said:
I am reaching for less provinces and more historical ones.
Elio said that we shall make provinces after not knowing that there will come a historical war in the area, so i deleted Båhuslen it was part of Viken.

And Enare was part of Finnmark.

Blekinge and Halland have neaver been accepted to be part of a Skåneland.
And they was maybe also part of Tiohärad before Skåne.
Ok, but then what is the exact date we are looking at?