• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Okey I started up with the Backgound and finished it yesterday!

And started to paint up Skandinavia on the map.

I changed Sweden from 15 Provinces to 10 Provinces.
And i gave Denmark one more province.
And i also gave Norway one more province.

Sweden
Tiohärad = Created by King Magnus Eriksson.
Östergötland = Colonized and conqured area by the Göta tribe.
Västergötland = Central Area for the Göta tribe.
Nerrike = An old kingdom below something, maybe below Sweden. Was also owned by Norway one time and is today called Närke after bad writing.
Svealand = The Area where Sweden first become created.
Hälsingland = Northern Ledungen
Kväneland = After the Kväne tribe that settled down in Norrland and took tribute from the Same peopel.
Norrfinne = Created by King Erik of Pommern.
Söderfinne = Created by King Erik of Pommern.
Finland = Swedens first settlement in Finland.

And i deleted Småland, it was owned by the Duke of Östergötland.

I want to say that Kasperus and Mymap is really really bad in my eyes if looking on Scandinavia.

Last edited:
Elio Vasa said:
here I go :)

:wacko: Poland is a real ahistoric mess. Why they always put Poznan there??? Poznan is a major town of Wielkopolska, nothing more. Anyone here using historical atlas? :eek:o

Neumark should lie more between rivers than north of them.
Silesia isn't mountainous area, really, and this was so rich area that I'd split it. Between Slovakia and Vistula river, there were plenty cities :p they deserve a province.

szmik said:
:wacko: Poland is a real ahistoric mess. Why they always put Poznan there??? Poznan is a major town of Wielkopolska, nothing more. Anyone here using historical atlas? :eek:o

Neumark should lie more between rivers than north of them.
Silesia isn't mountainous area, really, and this was so rich area that I'd split it. Between Slovakia and Vistula river, there were plenty cities :p they deserve a province.

Yes it is a real mess.
I am more for historical maps, I nearly killed my self by removing 5 provinces from Sweden when i really wanted to add more.

I will look up on Poland and try to give it a more fansy look, but not today.
If you want you can paint an image, so i can have some thing to work on!

Last edited:
Elio Vasa said:
Finland has 300k kmq for 4 provs ... You took up a prov there ...
Lappi in the north is too small, with Osterbotten so huge. Could You draw that border little more down?

I did not paint Lappi! It is named Enare and was owned by Norway.

1751 Enare become a Swedish Province
1751.gif

But Kväneland is the old name for Lappland.

Last edited:
Since everyone else is having a whinge, may as well have mine on Australia :)

It's odd seeing Carpentaria, Nullarbor, Macquarie etc. mixed with Aboriginal names; either go for all Aboriginal or all 'current' is my suggestion. The bit down south is the 'Great Australian Bight', not the 'Great Australian Bay'. Also, don't know any 'Great Australian Desert'... any chance of the actual names?

A more opinionated suggestion: I think slightly more TI would be better. The Nullarbor is totally inhospitable, as are a lot of areas on the edge of TI on your map.

From have been painting Sweden, I began to paint Norway and i saw that Elio had an idea about 11 provinces for Norway.

The Following Provinces are now on the map! 11 provinces
Øst Norge
Sør Norge
Vest Norge
Trøndelag
Helgeland
Finnmark
Enare
Herjedalen
Jemtland
Båhuslen
Iceland

So there are 21 Provinces total in Scandinavia now!

Going to work on Denmark soon!
I have four provinces now and are thinking about to add Själland, Fyn, Jylland, Slesvig and Holstein. = 9 Provinces
Scandinavia = 30

greenland
faeroer
orkney

Scandinavia = 33

Last edited:
@Wryun:
I'm for all aborigin names, no anglosaxon one if possible.
If You'll edit someone here, I'll change immediately.
Of course Great Australian Desert stands there for that area and isn't a province but PTI ...
In my ElioGC scenario there is a nation (U01) for Maori possessing New Zealand and some cities in New South Wales area ...