• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Elio: It's cool if you want to have London part of Essex, but if you do that, you can't have the rest of the interior named "Middlesex" because that's the county that London is in. The way I see it you have two options:

1: rename Middlesex to something else like Warwick or Midlands.
2: change Essex provice a bit so London is in Middlesex, and move the Cot/Capital there.

By the way, how are you going to represent Calais?

You're Master, compared to me.
No trouble to change name in Midlands, the concept is the same.
Calais could be the harbour of Artois prov, under Flandern prov.
I decided that prov under extension (for example 3k kmq.) limit won't be represented: Malta, Bermuda, Calais ... to gain more provs in the global numbers.

I like it when there are no very small provinces. They create all sorts of trouble. This is after all a game, not a historical map. It looks really nice Elio. I hope you will succeed with your project. :)

There seem to be few rivers. I looked in vain for Elbe for example.

Elio Vasa said:
strange... why mountain range of Sumava hardly touches border of region Sumava?
and why Tabor lies somewhere on the border between Bohemia and Tabor?

another thing is Rhine.
It runs somehow very strange in Pfalz region. Don't you think it should touch it's western border rather than eastern? this way of Rhine's flow is realy weird

2 little ideas:

1) rename Kaschka to Rashka
2) rename Pyrenes to Foix

hre0change6vw.jpg

just rename Sumava to Erz - Sumava is mountain range that makes border between Ostmark, Tabor and Oberpfalz

city of Tabor lies on the northest part of south Bohemia so I placed it to the right location

if yellow means medium elevation and green the lowest elevation I'd also switch elevation between Bohemia and Tabor. Your province of Tabor lies on upper flow of river Vltava so is higher than mostly fertile land of Bohemia, which is agricultural core of entire Bohemia, especialy the northern part

but to be honest, the most important city of south Bohemia (your region of Tabor) was since 13th century Budweis (or Budejovice in czech), so you could rename this region to "Budweis" or "Budejovicko" or Sumava(as it is in MyMap)
Tabor was founded in 1420's by hussites, Budweis in 1260's by king Ottokar II.(Přemysl Otakar II.)

eastern border of Pfalz is land border, western is river Rhine, northern is river Main which also makes border between Hessen and Franconia

Last edited:
You should divided the Friesen province in East and West.

Elio Vasa said:
Bohemia is perfect ;)
just the Main river should touch NORTHERN border of Pfalz, not eastern. On the picture I left the river where I found it good and on the eastern border I made black line in it which should represent land border instead of river border.

sorry, I should have drawn it better.

Like I said, Friesen should be divided into eat and west. Otherwise the Netherlands will have a splice of Germany it shouldn't have.

@Charle: I would prefer a reduced Frisien prov with that splice added to Oldenburg prov then ...
That works just as good. Oldenburg should have a coastline anyway.

Elio Vasa said:
@Flamey: better a suggestion with an image (maybe using my edited one) to work upon map later
I dont know exactly what criteria you use for provinces but I can show you the rl Västerbotten, Norrbotten, Österbotten and Lappland.

http://www.ur.se/landskap/indexgrafik/kartasidaett.gif

Here's a picture of the semi-modern provinces as the borders are today. Those used to be quite important but isn't today. In the EU2 period Norrbotten didn't exist because it belonged to Västerbotten, and Lappland stretched into Finland as displayed on this map

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Svpmap_blank.png

In the modern counties (län) that are the primary administrative divisions today and were established in the 1800s (I think) look like this, there you can see that the Lappland province is divided by Norrbotten County and Västerbotten County

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Sweden_counties.png

I've tried to draw in possible rivers. The biggest ones are those in Sweden. Note that there should be a river cutting Västergotland in half, but since that wouldn't follow the province borders I didn't include it. It could be approximated by drawning a river north around Västergotland to the lake called Vättern.

Note that there should be a river cutting Västergotland in half, but since that wouldn't follow the province borders I didn't include it. It could be approximated by drawning a river north around Västergotland to the lake called Vättern.

What river are you thinking of? If you mean Göta Älv it's much further south.

Charle_88 said:
What river are you thinking of? If you mean Göta Älv it's much further south.
Damn... I missed Göta Älv. Göta Älv should run from Vänern to Skagerrak south of Bohuslän. And no I wasn't talking about Göta Älv. I was talking about the river connecting Vänern and Vättern. Don't know its name though.