• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yay, finally a new dose ...
TXH

PS. I guess that you do not want to wait for English colonies in Mauretania ...

Last edited:
Huzzah! We are back on track. Me: 1, Life: ...well who's counting anyway.

Sadly updates will still be fairly slow. 1 or 2 weeks at least. Timurid shall endure!

@The Arch Mede: Indeed!

That TSC was a breeze compared to what happened before. Looks like Asia is about to meet the Mongol horde 2.0
Glad to see you'r back on track :)

This forum looks dead, so sad!
Where are the updates!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I loved my monday update just after the week-end and before starting works. Now there's only work... Maybe I shall buy EU4? I don't know, I was so used to EU3.

I have to admit, I read through this a while ago and I finally got around to trying a Horde myself. Unfortunately, I'm being stone walled pretty badly even on normal. I can't break in to Europe. The manpower change crippled me completely. By 1401, my manpower was literally reduced to monthly regen. I'm 30k men in the hole, and thanks to a TSC, it was getting worse until I actually lost it and just quit.

Any advice for starting out with the manpower change and persistent rebels that always have better generals?

Lastly, does anyone know why some countries automatically sign a peace with me? I haven't been able to find any reference to it via googling, and it prevented me from making an eastern and southern vassal wall. This ended up trapping my only remaining armies that still had troops inside enemy territory in both Najd and Dehli.

Definitely not that. For example, my war with Dehli ended abruptly right after the provinces to the left of Dehli, and the province immediately to the right of it (which had an army), effectively sandwiching the province of Dehli between two of my provinces. One moment, Dehli is covered in red while I had an army sitting there for rebel stomping, the next moment, I'm at peace with Dehli and my army is trapped. Starting to wish I took a screenshot so I could show instead of tell :/

@sprites: Yep! It's a bit of a walk, though~

@Andre Massena: It is only natural that we learn from those who have come before us.

@sebas379: Sure was! Thanks for your support. ^^

@Zozo: Aww. I don't even have any AAR's to reccomend since I havn't had time to read any either. :(

@ATBKING: Pesky thing, that outside world! Huh? :)

@Jonuts: I know what you mean. Rebels are the worst for just draining your manpower completely. I certainly reccomend you dig up the rebels.txt file and edit it to your liking. Throughout this whole AAR I have had generals turned off for all but pretender rebels.

You also want to make sure you're not dragging out wars with your enemies. Try to avoid fighting them until you have the strength to invade them completely. Once you defeat their armies you want to be able to blanket siege them, lest you end up having to fight their army all over again.

As for the peace thing, it's hard to say for sure without more information. Your explanation is a little confusing. :p I will mention though that rebels can also mess up your wars by "breaking" the country your fighting.

As for the update, unfortunately it's still a ways off. I havn't vanished mysteriously yet, at least? >.>

Well, further attempts have only ended in heartbreak. For giggles, I even cheated to get myself national conscripts and tech 2 land buildings, and still couldn't hold on to my country. Manpower is like a flushing toilet. However, I'm ~90% sure I could turn off persistent rebels all together and never have an issue (as long as Timur lives long enough to break the first few armies. That man is my personal hero!). I'm afraid that a horde is beyond my ability without cheats or modifying files. Alternatively, I'm half tempted to mod the game so manpower is meaningless and put everyone into the latin tech group, and see what happens. Should make for an interesting alternative history :)

Thanks for letting me know about the rebels breaking a country. I paid more attention and found that auto-peaced me.

Thanks for letting me know about the rebels breaking a country. I paid more attention and found that auto-peaced me.

I think I'd forgive anyone modding _that_ out. "Lord Timur, excellent news - the enemy's government has collapsed, their armies are shattered!" "Ah. We should give them ten years to recover, in the interests of sportsmanship."