• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
While I have some minor ideas nothing has really been done, yet. If I do get some ideas of something to do, I will, but until that happens the mod will remain in its current state, after all there is no sense to go around changing stuff just to change it.

Actually if anyone has some feedback on the decision based expansion available for the british tribes it would be nice, so I know whether or not it would be appreciated to extend that possibility to lets say the germanic tribes as they also have too low civilization values to actually go around colonizing. As well as knowing what could be tweaked with regards to the requirements.

So I have changed the Mod for myself small.
I have inserted the Cursus Honorum Mod, as well as the trades from the Rimp Mod. Moreover, I have extended the final date and have inserted the claudischen emperors as well as the conquest Brittanniens and some Germanic wars (Varus versus Arminius)
And I have still added some Germanic, Iberian and brittische tribes.

Are you using the latest beta patch (2.36)? If so that is a problem with that. I think that there is sort of a fix somewhere in the form of events to fill those positions, so that can be tried.

After a long break I've come back to Rome and nice to see my favorite mod still getting updated.

I see the barbarians got a real boost in civ values, except the German tribes, :( . The result is early colonization obviously but it appears they are ignoring the rules of such, unless they have been changed too? Civ value 50, pop 10 still the same? Because they are colonizing with less. Can the player do this too with said tribes or is this an AI bonus, thing?

Thanks.

The rules for colonization are the same, although the british tribes have some decisions that lets them expand in a similar manner despite not being civilized enough. Still waiting for feedback so that I can decide wether or not it works well enough to consider adding similar decisions to the germanic tribes as well.

Uploaded a new version of the mod.

Here is what it does:
- Slight changes in Numidia area. Theveste -> Massyli; Massyli renamed Sitifis -> Massaesyli
- Changed flags for Athens and Sinope

Not much as can be seen, mainly uploaded because I have a new computer and have been moving over various things, and as some, although as you can see only minor, work had been done, I decided to upload it. I may be inspired to work more on the mod later, but if not at least the latest version will be the one uploaded.

Had to divide it into three .zip-files, while just as big (small) as the previous version (slightly bigger as I think that I left the old Athenian and Sinopean flags in the flag folder should one prefer them) the new forum threw up an error (an unhelpful one at that) trying to upload one .zip-file. I assume it was too big (first I wondered if I had reached my limit on how much I can upload, but can't seem to figure out how to see how it is on this new forum, anyway deleted the previous version, it still didn't work, and while there is not like people are downloading this mod everyday, I still want something up so had to divide the new version into three .zip-files in order to be able to upload it, glad it worked). To install just unzip all the files into your modfolder and proceed as usual.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Hello Lofman,

I've been away from this game for quite sometime (years in fact) and I always enjoyed your mod when I played back in 2011 or whenever it was. So I have downloaded your latest version, but I am having trouble getting it to run. I can't seem to find a definitive set of installation instructions so here is what I think I should be doing:

a) unzip all the contents of the zips into the mod folder in \Steam\steamapps\common\europa universalis rome\mod
b) rename the cache folder currently in the map folder to cache_vanilla
c) add a new folder called cache in the map folder
d) launch game, select your mod form the launcher and hit play
e) wait a while for the game to load for the first time as it recalculates the paths etc

Well unfortunately I end up with a file exception error message:

Exception in: discfile.cpp, line:61. Description: Could not open file: mod\lofmod\map/cache/1-paths.bin

I am hoping you still occasionally check this forum as your insight would be most welcome. If I am doing something wrong please point it out.

I am using the latest beta patch 2.36c. The game loaded fine without the mod.

Thank you.

Hey there,

I realised I made an error in the installation when I first tried. I had all the folders floating around in the mod folder rather than having them in mod/lofmod folder. So I did this and it all loaded fine. I thought I cracked it

BUT

When I press SINGLE PLAYER the game crashes to the desktop. The exact same thing happens with the Reign of Ancient mod when I tried to load that. For that mod one has to be on 2.36b. On this I reinstalled 2.36c but it doesn't work. It's frustrating as I have played both this mod and the RoA mod in the past. The only thing I can think that is different is that I am using Windows 8.1 rather that Windows 7. Is that really the issue... although Vanilla game works with Windows 8.1 so I am not so sure it will be.

I doubt anyone is still tending the flame for this mod but thank you for all your efforts. Perhaps I should dig out my old laptop and see if it works on there.

Okay folks. This is hopefully my last post on this issue, but I think I have got it to work.

I noticed my province_texture folder was missing from the map/cache folder. It seemed to have got deleted in my various efforts to get this mod working (and RoA) and I do remember this playing a part once upon a time.

So this is what I did to get things working:

Uninstall the game.
Reinstall the game (This means a new province_texture folder in map/cache- mine was missing hence this step)
Then copy that province_texture folder in the map/cache folder and then paste it somewhere (desktop etc).
I'm using a Steam copy so I think it updates the game with all the official patches. If you're using the disc then I think you'll need to update the official patches it via the launcher.
Then Patch up the game to 2.36c.
Install the mod in the mod folder.
Rename the cache folder in the map folder to cache_vanilla.
Create a new cache folder (in the map folder) and copy the Province_textures folder you put by earlier into that folder.
Launch the game, select the mod in launcher and it should load.
Press Single Player - and it shouldn't crash as it was before....

And indeed it hasn't. I can select the countries available. As I am a bit of traditionalist I have selected Rome. And the game has loaded up all fine.

Sorry if I have been wasting everyone's time on this, if indeed anyone strolls past this thread these days. But hopefully the above will make sense for anyone new coming to this game. It's a fab if flawed game and I do hope one day Paradox make the sequel that seems to be so coveted (certainly by the fans on this forum). But I doubt they will anytime soon now they are going up into space.

But then who I am to presume.

Happy trials.
:)

Smiley-

It's been awhile since I've ran one of these older EUs. But I seem to recall that after a fresh install, or after deleting the cache folder, you need to start up the game once. Because that's when the cache folder is created & seeded with all the required files.

After that initial run it should have a new & proper vanilla cache install, the checksum should match up with whatever patch you're using, and it should be ready for your modding additions.

Just gotta do that first vanilla run to re-do the cache files before further changes.