• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Hiliadan

Major
Jun 17, 2018
For the balance mod, we're trying to do the following:

- Global Happiness Modifier
In the ToW
Move the row on “Living city under Necromancer Control” to the “City Happiness Modifiers” page of the ToW. Move the rows on “Race Happiness Rebellious” and “Race Happiness Very Unhappy” to the “Race Happiness Modifiers” page of the ToW.
- Race Happiness Modifier
In the ToW
Allow the rows on “Minor Race Happiness Penalty” and “Major Race Happiness Penalty” to wrap (currently they’re truncated because they’re too long and do not hold in one line).

But we can't find where these descriptions are in the .xml, anyone knows? Thanks!

Focusing on the Racial Hapiness Modifiers, the table you are looking for should be located in the one file I don't have access to: Diplomacy.xml (in the Title tree).
On the screenshots, you'll see that they are the exact same strings as in the diplomatic panels, and the only lines I can't correct in my French version.

If you can't extract this file from the main game's text archive, perhaps you could open a .8ld file? In this case, looking at a custom localization such as the chinese one in the Steam workshop could be the solution because they ship their localization as a mod. Indeed, I downloaded it and extracted from the zip Diplomacy.8ld and Abilities_DLC3.8ld, but I can't open them without the Triumph tools. This weekend, I was even considering begging the authors to send me those files in the xml format.

If you put a hand on this file (or these files), please remember me!

aow3_raceHappinessModifierToW.jpeg aow3_raceHappinessModifiersDiplomacy.jpeg

Now that you signal it, a quick glance shows:

L281 DIPLOMACY_UNIT_MODIFIER MORALE_FROM_RACE_VERY_UNHAPPY "Race Happiness Very Unhappy"
L282 DIPLOMACY_UNIT_MODIFIER MORALE_FROM_RACE_REBELLIOUS "Race Happiness Rebellious"
L367 DIPLOMACY_PLAYER_MODIFIER LIVING_CITY_NECRO "Living city under Necromancer control"
L369 DIPLOMACY_PLAYER_MODIFIER MINOR_RACE_HAPPINESS "Minor Race Happiness Penalty caused by collateral damage done by a spell"
L370 DIPLOMACY_PLAYER_MODIFIER MAJOR_RACE_HAPPINESS "Major Race Happiness Penalty caused by severe collateral damage done by a spell"

But I'm not sure if this is the information you need.