• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good evening! On beta localization, patch 1.3.1 is not installed? We need to wait for the release of the localization, then that would all released patches were established, right?
This week is expected to update the localization?

Good question. The patch is not on the localization beta yet, but we are working on having that added soon.

We will wait for it. Boys and Girls from HBS don´t forget to bring in the Changes Mechie has allready brought in for the German translation, which is very very helpfull for the Translaters.

Hello again!
I've found small spelling errors once more:
1) The last letter in the name of Liao capital planet differs in some texts. I think it should be "Сиана" everywhere.
upload_2018-12-6_14-2-4.png

2) The ending is wrong here. It should be "Маскировкой".
upload_2018-12-6_14-6-23.png

3) The last names of the characters are not translated.
upload_2018-12-6_14-8-18.png

upload_2018-12-6_14-8-40.png

4) There's an error in the tooltip about alliances. The line should be like "После разрыва альянса вы сможете вступить в альянс ... "
upload_2018-12-6_14-51-56.png

5)The word endings in the line about the population of Lireton are wrong. The line should be like "Население Лиретона распределено по трем тропическим спутникам ..."
upload_2018-12-6_14-2-4.png

Attachments

• upload_2018-12-6_14-54-18.png
    upload_2018-12-6_14-54-18.png
    1,9 MB · Views: 35
Latest and last version of my German Language Fix.

Changes:

• correct hyphenation of the terms Maschinenraum and Offiziersquartier
  • Schiffsverbeserungen changend to Argo-Upgrades, due to the word-length
  • Quartiere changed to Unterkünfte (Thanks to Lugh)
  • Herausforderung on the navigation map changed to Schwierigkeit for a better word fitting
  • and some more minor fixes
bt-menu2hd5q.jpg

Download on Nexus:

https://www.nexusmods.com/battletech/mods/329

@Developer

Feel free to use this translation fixes file as a help for your final translation update!

Have fun!

Last edited:
Thanks Mechie, will get it now. What means last Version? Means it what I think off?

It means, my free time is over. ;)
I was on vacation this week an had enough time to go through most of the issues while playing the game. For further improvements i have to put much more time into this. But i think HBS / Paradox will soon update this translation to an almost perfect state. :)

Hey Mechie, can you provide a complete list of your changes? As much as I appreciate the effort it's rather difficult to evaluate them and I can't run both versions at once obviously.

The most important changes are already listed. I have also renamend some of the terms wich are stated here in this thread (Vereinte Sonnen, Nachfolgekriege, Veteranenlanze, etc, etc). For the minor issues i deleted some double quotes and double percent signs here and there. Nothing special to mention about it. I tried to put a translation into untranslated sections, but the game refuses to show it. I don't know why.

If you don't want to wait unti the next update with the final translation fixes by HBS / Paradox, i recommend you just to try my latest fix. When the update is at hand, you don't need to do anything, because the file will be overwritten automatically by the official update.

So, just have fun! :)

Last edited:
It means, my free time is over. ;)
I was on vacation this week an had enough time to go through most of the issues while playing the game. For further improvements i have to put much more time into this. But i think HBS / Paradox will soon update this translation to an almost perfect state. :)

The most important changes are already listed. I have also renamend some of the terms wich are stated here in this thread (Vereinte Sonnen, Nachfolgekriege, Veteranenlanze, etc, etc). For the minor issues i deleted some double quotes and double percent signs here and there. Nothing special to mention about it. I tried to put a translation into untranslated sections, but the game refuses to show it. I don't know why.

If you don't want to wait unti the next update with the final translation fixes by HBS / Paradox, i recommend you just to try my latest fix. When the update is at hand, you don't need to do anything, because the file will be overwritten automatically by the official update.

So, just have fun! :)
This has nothing to do with me not wanting to wait, I'm trying to work with the vanilla version here. And as your mod is no doubt an improvement it would be a shame if your changes go to waste with the next update from HBS. On the other hand there already is a bit of disagreement in this thread about how things are to be translated you should have a list of what those changes are.
Keep in mind that whomever BS/Paradox hired for transaltion will almost definitely not just overwrite their own files with fan-created content, but rather improve them based on fan comments.

This has nothing to do with me not wanting to wait, I'm trying to work with the vanilla version here. And as your mod is no doubt an improvement it would be a shame if your changes go to waste with the next update from HBS. On the other hand there already is a bit of disagreement in this thread about how things are to be translated you should have a list of what those changes are.
Keep in mind that whomever BS/Paradox hired for transaltion will almost definitely not just overwrite their own files with fan-created content, but rather improve them based on fan comments.

I made this mod mainly for myself, because i couldn't stand these wrong translations. Especially this P-Target and Laser-descriptions. As my changes growed i decided to make this public to all of those, who want an immidiate solution for the translated version of the game. I also used all the recommendations for translations found in this thread, e.g. Nachfolgekriege, Vereinte Sonnen, etc. I have done this while playing the game and as i do not planned to offer these changes to the public, i did not write down every single changing i've done. So there is no "complete list".

If you do not like my changes and want to stay with vanilla, it's completely fine for me. I do not force anyone to use it.

I can't do anything against it, if Paradox / HBS would ignore my own changes and will do it on their own. As this thread is about translation-suggestions, it would be easier for the translators to use my file as a base to work on further. But it's up to them. When the update is released no one needs this mod anymore.

Latest and last version of my German Language Fix.

Changes:

• correct hyphenation of the terms Maschinenraum and Offiziersquartier
  • Schiffsverbeserungen changend to Argo-Upgrades, due to the word-length
  • Quartiere changed to Unterkünfte (Thanks to Lugh)
  • Herausforderung on the navigation map changed to Schwierigkeit for a better word fitting
  • and some more minor fixes
bt-menu2hd5q.jpg

Now that looks very nice! Thanks for sharing your work.

There are some instances where the translation is missing:
upload_2018-12-7_19-40-0.png

upload_2018-12-7_19-40-10.png

upload_2018-12-7_19-40-21.png

2) In one of the lady Arano's speech the ending of the verb is not right:
upload_2018-12-7_19-41-57.png

it should be "Я отметила ..."

3) The description of bonuses for Gunnery and Piloting skill points is wrong completely, in Russian translation it says about damage increase but not to hit chance increase.
upload_2018-12-7_19-45-21.png

For gunnery it should be "К базовому попаданию орудий"
For piloting it should be "К базовому попаданию в ближнем бою"

From me again thanks for the Translation Fix you could do so far for the German Version. I played with the older one since it comes out, since yesterday with the newest one. And I must say your Fix make the officiall translation much better.

I hope too that HBS / Paradox will use your already done fixes in the next official Translation Patch, that´s reduces many work from them. Because there are many other big building lots in the Translations so far. Some Mission Screens, Infoboxes, Texts etc. are not translated yet and are in the Original-Version [English]. But the Devs said too, that they are working on it.
And I think they will use your Fix in it to reduce the Translation work drastically. They must be stupid if they don´t use this Gift from the Community.

In the campaign mode on one system, there was a contract for "capture points" from Flashpoint. Description of the contract does not have a translation. And after landing on the planet, the transfer is done in half.
Снимок экрана (2).png

Greetings!
In lack of time this evening I'll just copy and paste what I wrote in a Supportemail:

I'd like to ask if you need some help with the german localization (no matter if its generel things like weapon names or bigger things like story elements) . Besides opftical stuff lik dots at the beginning of a word like ".fortsetzen" there seems to be the need of a better translation or at least a control.
It looks like some (or many) terms were translatetd by a machine.

Here are some improvements for the german localization:
Small Laser: Leichter Laser
Medium Laser: Mittelschwerer Laser^^
Large Laser: Schwerer Laser

Succession Wars: Nachfolgekriege

Salvage: Beute (in the game its translatet with Schrott wich meanch scrap or worse)

Maybe the german names for the BattleMechs would appreciatet be the playerbase, or the choice between german and english name etc.

I'd like to help with the translation, if there is need, please let me know, I am the one who translated the 1.1 and 1.3 (and 1.3.1) Releasenotes, just to show that theres some skill in translating stuff ;)

Regards

Thank you all for the continued feedback and translation suggestions/corrections. We are currently evaluating an update for this week to bring the loc beta to the same version as live (1.3.2) and include some translation fixes/additions. To repeat the setting of expectations, not all of what has been suggested in this thread will show up in the next update. We will continue to work on it and improve. Keep an eye out for the beta update and accompanying release notes. Please share this info with your non-English speaking friends. Cheers!