• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

mate0815

Field Marshal
62 Badges
Feb 2, 2007
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Sengoku
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Pride of Nations
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Prison Architect
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Deus Vult
  • East India Company
  • Cities in Motion
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III Collection
  • Heir to the Throne
as a fan of native language localizations i want to ask the devs, what are you planing in this case? will ftg comes in different languages for a better look and feel esp. for native speakers or will it be a game for english speaking people only?

Translating AGCEEP is a tedious business. :)

Somebody once did french.

Translating AGCEEP is a tedious business. :)

Somebody once did french.
Yes, a more than 1000 pages book... but translation of AGCEEP and translation of FTG will be two different and independent tasks. No more single gigantic text.csv...

I'd guess that unless some fans start translating FTG themselves, the game will be available only in English.
Yes, because Paradox publishes games in English.

Anyway FTG translation should be available for boxes in some countries and I suppose Paradox will allow translation by fans for other countries, as they did for other titles in the past.

Anyway FTG translation should be available for boxes in some countries and I suppose Paradox will allow translation by fans for other countries, as they did for other titles in the past.

thx. so i´m afraid, there will be a lot of work... :wacko:

notice to me: cancel holidayplans around christmas for making a "germanized" ftg. :(

German? Dannish? What about translating a real language, like, say, Portuguese? Now that would be beautiful.

Yes, a more than 1000 pages book... but translation of AGCEEP and translation of FTG will be two different and independent tasks. No more single gigantic text.csv...

Yes, because Paradox publishes games in English.

They are going to sell it in boxes? Sweet!

Would paradox prefer me to buy the boxed version or the Gamersgate?

I will repeat me, but the Polish Cenega should get the game. No one should be squished by one distribution. The same goes in other way. There should be a trial time on Gamers Gate - the mere the game salary goes up - the more signups with the local, national game distributions will be advocated.

I will repeat me, but the Polish Cenega should get the game. No one should be squished by one distribution. The same goes in other way. There should be a trial time on Gamers Gate - the mere the game salary goes up - the more signups with the local, national game distributions will be advocated.
I might like Cenega to release FTG in Poland only if a) they give us some means to register the game, unlike they did with Armageddon, for instance, and b) if they leave it in English, or offer a non-localised, English version as well. Otherwise, it'd just suck, which will make me fetch my parents' cc and buy it off GG, even if it'll be more expensive that way.

If we are allowed then I would be more than happy to do the Danish translation I remember the one for CK. Just thought EU2 was too old to begin. But now that FTG is here then it's a whole new thing. :)
thx. so i´m afraid, there will be a lot of work... :wacko:

notice to me: cancel holidayplans around christmas for making a "germanized" ftg. :(
German? Dannish? What about translating a real language, like, say, Portuguese? Now that would be beautiful.
:cool:

You will see how it is easy to add new languages to the game.

They are going to sell it in boxes? Sweet!
I wrote "some" countries. This will be Paradox decision in the end.

Please translate the game into Khmer.

Hm, I could help with Russian translation - fan or official, if there would be freelancers vacancies again.

But if fan translations, could I find official release here? We there don't use internet money much.