Livy Update and Free Punic Wars Content Pack Coming Soon!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Don't want to pressure you, but i intend to give Rome a second chance with the livy update. Didn't try the game since it came out, and so far it feels like there is enough changes to reconsider me playing the game. Hope this version of the game will be more satisfying

Don't want to pressure you, but i intend to give Rome a second chance with the livy update. Didn't try the game since it came out, and so far it feels like there is enough changes to reconsider me playing the game. Hope this version of the game will be more satisfying
i think even on current version it's way more interesting

i think even on current version it's way more interesting

Agreed. When playing the game on release I lost interest very quickly, but since 1.2 came out I have done multiple games (Sparta, Frisia and Brigantia) and actually really enjoyed it. This game is definitely improving on itself and Livy sounds like another serious update that will add something new and fresh to the world. I'm not demanding endless free stuff, but compared to the original game I think it's only fair we got this all for free as it is only now starting to become a real, proper Paradox game. It's not as fleshed out as CKII or EU4 yet, not even close, but the true potential of this game is now truly starting to shine through. Give Imperator the same time and love as CKII/EU4 and we will end up with an awesome, rewarding and immersive experience set in a timeframe where such detail and immersion is severly lacking in any other game. Oh, and running a save in the future through I:R-->CKIII-->EU4/5-->Vicky III-->HoI IV sounds pretty damn awesome too!

PS: as a first time poster, it's about time I showed the Paradox people some love. Your games have changed my life (and perspective on it) and created incredible stories I could never have dreamed up myself. Truly amazing work that continues to inspire me every day.

Some constructive feedback I hope.
I got around 100 E-mails a day and only some of them I'm interested to read about.
Today I received an E-mail from Paradox with the announcement of the free update for Imperator. Something I really look forward to.
But when I click any of the huge READ MORE buttons in the E-mail announcement it brings me to the normal product page without giving me any more information about the upcoming update. It doesn't really make sense imho.

I am really looking forward to this update and I am confident that this will give me a reason to finally give a positive rating to this game on Steam (I am not a fan of negative ratings so no rating from me until now). Btw, when we can expect a Flog Rod achievement that we "requested" on Twitter? :D

Any way to narrow that yes down just a little more. I want to know if I should do a playthrough before the next update. Hate to get started and have everything changed (and no, I get I can keep the old version running, I just don't want to once livy is out).

Sadly I am not the right person for announcements like that. We really would not recommend trying to keep a save going into Livy, as there is a LOT of map changes.

Sadly I am not the right person for announcements like that. We really would not recommend trying to keep a save going into Livy, as there is a LOT of map changes.
Oh I get the part of not trying to keep the save, that is why I wanted to at least get an idea. Frankly, why make an announcement about it coming soon without not giving an estimated release date?

I am also in a situation that I may start a new game soon so it would be much appreciated to know an approximate release date. Can you at least say whether we can expect this still in November?

Will colonization be any easier to manage with this update? I had to do so much clicking to colonize Ireland on my Britannia game. I was essentially relocating pops manually between provinces to get 10 pops, then clicking colonize then clicking the new province, moving enough pops to make 10 population in the new province then click colonize on the next one... repeat 30+ times... It was not so fun.

Frankly, why make an announcement about it coming soon without not giving an estimated release date?

I work in software development, and giving "estimated" release dates is just asking for trouble. And that's in an industry where I don't have thousands of people on a public internet forum who are going to call for me to be burned at the stake if the "estimated" date doesn't happen for one reason or another. Just relax, they're working on it and will release it when it is ready. In the meantime you can find other things to occupy your time.

I work in software development, and giving "estimated" release dates is just asking for trouble. And that's in an industry where I don't have thousands of people on a public internet forum who are going to call for me to be burned at the stake if the "estimated" date doesn't happen for one reason or another. Just relax, they're working on it and will release it when it is ready. In the meantime you can find other things to occupy your time.
No problem occupying my time, I just don't like wasting my time, which was my initial point.

The problem is that every new update kills old saves and this can cause some frustration. Yes, we can launch older version of the game but I prefer to start with new update immediately, test new features and possibly to try few gameplays before those saves will be obsolete after another update.