Livy Update and Free Punic Wars Content Pack Coming Soon!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
mproved Map: Is the mentioned areas the only ones expanded? Because, the Nile Basin and African Horn feel like backwater afterthoughts. While Persia does not feel immense (given its size) in the slightest. Lastly, India could use more provinces.

Give them time, they'll do it same as in Eu4, one two areas per patch, i bet.

Eh, the problem is that if it's clear most of us are able to recongize it as a marketing ploy, and are able to recongize that in reality it's basically just free content that's just separate from the patch,... and their aware that enough of us are smart enough to figure such out...

is it really a good ploy, or something that could easily be taken as either meh at best ("why have them be separate if it's free") to bad ("Their insulting our intelligence by making THIS the content pack when it's free and basically part of the patch").

Depends on what kind of faith you put into the PDX fan base. Are they fair-minded enough to recognize that Paradox is doing what they've been demanding? Or will rancid fanboy culture prevail, finding a way, as the other guy put it, to criticize getting stuff for free?

It's hard to say. But the price of being petty could be to kill I:R completely.

I don't get all the hate. I bought the game at 1.2 and I really like it. Sure there is a lot of space for improvement and tweaking but gameplay is solid, systems are there and graphics is amazing. I remember old Rome game and it was nowhere near this one, even after expansion.

Love the character building and will give me reasons to switch over to the less point younger person with a better possibility in the long term, but I have been waiting for this one.

"Map Mode Manager: New map mode manager lets you customize the manager menu so it emphasizes maps you rely on."

Depends on what kind of faith you put into the PDX fan base. Are they fair-minded enough to recognize that Paradox is doing what they've been demanding? Or will rancid fanboy culture prevail, finding a way, as the other guy put it, to criticize getting stuff for free?

It's hard to say. But the price of being petty could be to kill I:R completely.

Fully agree -yes the launch product was weak, but Johan recognised that and they are now correcting that - IR is evolving into a very exciting strategy game, filling a niche in the paradox product range

Considering the new mission trees and the announced content pack with missions for Rome and Carthage ... are we getting only the missions for the two nations or are they also implementing generic missions for all nations with specific national missions coming in later content packs?

Anyway I hope we get missions for Celtic tribes as soon as possible, particularly I want to see the Celtic sacking of Delphi by Brennus and the related migrations of celtic tribes into the Southeastern Europe and Asia Minor (Galatia).

Considering the new mission trees and the announced content pack with missions for Rome and Carthage ... are we getting only the missions for the two nations or are they also implementing generic missions for all nations with specific national missions coming in later content packs?

There will also be "generic" missions and Mission trees for all nations, but Rome and Carthage will get most this time around.
Generic missions appear depending on the current situation of your nation (e.g. if you have ports but no navy, you might get a Mission to build a fleet).

Johan also said he would really like to create individual missions for all Major nations over time.

Only in these forums will people complain about getting stuff for free.

3el11t.jpg

Basically...

I'm pretty happy with all that's been done to improve the game. It has a lot of potential and I enjoyed the game I played recently as Carthage.

Do we know if we are getting an open Beta for the DLC soon?

I watched this great documentary of Hannibal to get in the mood.

Why is it called a content pack if it's free? Isn't it then just part of the update?
Basically, human nature. People LOVE free stuff. Really REALLY love it. People love two free things (update and content pack) even more.

Two free things gives players two happy points. One free thing only gives them one happy point. Split something in half and give them separately and we love it.

Players are basically incapable of determining the value in a particular pack. We are like two year olds who prefer to have five shiny one cent coins that one dull one dollar coin.

It is not logical. But it is the basis of how *all* of retail works. Its the same part of our brain that wants us to by a $100 game when it is 40% of becuase *its a really good deal*, but means we aren't interested in the same game sold at $50 with no discount.