Livy Update and Free Punic Wars Content Pack Coming Soon!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Is this compatible with saves from Cicero? I started new campaign few days ago, and don´t now if install Punic Wars right now, or if first finish my let´s play.

Just in my opinion, considering it has map changes and new mechanics for characters and countries, most likely it will brake the savegames. Dharma was crashing my games on old savefiles. But it's just my opinion. Cuz usually map changes and specially if they add missions or some exp bars it totally brakes the game. But let's hope for better?

To add to the the others: this sounds great and really looking forward to it.

Long live the IR comeback !

I understand your bussiness and yes you guys made progress since the mostly negative start and I do support your effort but still... This first dlc better be priced humbly!

Edit: I thought there was a free update + dlc here despite reading it and what I say applies to the dlc they are gonna release eventually.

Last edited:
Really looking forward to this, especially what the patch brings. Good work, guys!

But also, please add back the ability to rename cohorts and ships...

Last edited:
I understand your bussiness and yes you guys made progress since the mostly negative start and I do support your effort but still... This first dlc better be priced humbly!
Priced humbly? Did you even read any of what you replied to? It's free, man.

Generic_Livy_PunicWars_1200x630.png

We have worked quite diligently since our Cicero Update! The Livy Update is making progress and along it will come the free Punic Wars Content Pack! We shall now go back to building an even greater Rome! More information below!

Punic Wars Content Pack

When the rulers of Messana invited Roman protection for their Sicilian city, they could not have expected that they were igniting a fierce rivalry that would set the Western Mediterranean aflame for over a century. Carthage had traditionally seen Sicily as its sphere of influence and it could accept no equal on the island. Rome and Carthage would go to war in 265 BC, in the first of three wars that would finally end with the sack of Carthage in 146 BC.

This free content pack for Imperator: Rome includes new events and units models to illustrate the greatest wars of the classical age - the superpower showdown between the nascent Roman Republic, and the established Carthaginian Empire.

The Punic Wars content pack includes:
  • Roman Mission Pack: Ten unique mission trees for the star of Imperator: Rome to guide your conquest of Italy and neighboring regions.
  • Carthaginian Mission Pack: Ten unique mission trees for the children of Tyre to help you plan your mercantile and military dominance of Africa, Spain and the rest of the west.
  • Numidian Unit Model: New army model for the Numidians, North Africans often hired as mercenaries by larger powers.
  • Carthaginian Ship Model: A unique ship design for Carthaginian navies.
  • New Music: Three additional music tracks to soothe your conquering soul.

Imperator: Rome 1.3 - the Livy Update

The most recent update to Imperator: Rome is named for Titus Livius, the Roman historian whose work was the foundation of schoolboy learning well into the modern age. His wrote stories about heroic Romans like Horatius, Camillus and Decius laying the foundation of a great city, providing role models for centuries.

The Free 1.3 Livy Update to Imperator: Rome is also concerned with characters and how they create lasting legacies, drawing you into the drama of history being written before your eyes.

• Character Experience System: The more characters are asked to do, the better they become. Cultivate young talent as they climb the ranks, with new events for experienced statesmen.
  • Family System Reworked: Fewer families to track, but great families are more important. Watch their fortunes rise and fall as they accumulate prestige.
  • Procedurally Generated Missions: New mission system produces contextual goals and rewards that reflect your current situation.
  • Improved Map: Greater detail for some map locations including Sicily, the British Isles, parts of Greece and the Baltic region.
  • Map Mode Manager: New map mode manager lets you customize the manager menu so it emphasizes maps you rely on.
  • Inferno Graphics: The drama of war is now illustrated on map, as cities burn while under attack.
  • And much more: The Livy add-on will include other changes that will be announced in coming weeks.
Have you added fog of war and unknown territory cover?

GFX is likely not done by the same people that do game mechanics so I would not worry about that.

Different people, sure. But different budget? Not so much.

Are you saying they should fire people?

I'm saying money is a fungible resource, and budgets are allocated by teams (most likely). I have no problem with firing people, but its quite likely that there's plenty of other teams with GFX needs that could use them. In all the complaints people have had about Imperator, the visuals are somewhere around complaint #999.