Livy Update and Free Punic Wars Content Pack Coming Soon!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The text speaks of 10 unique mission TREES each, not 10 missions. ;)
My wrong: Yes it is not 10 mission but 10 mission trees for each of the two nations.

Paradox have been fairly consistent, moreso in recent times, in what type of content is free vs. paid for. The stuff in the free content pack is more towards the latter, so I don't mind it being described as free. Yeah it's marketing but that doesn't necessarily make it inaccurate.
Johan said that necessary game mechanic will be free while dlcs would be about specific nations and such if I remember correctly. They want to avoid paywalling stuff that is important like EUIV did.

Somewhat concerned that improving the gfx of an already beautiful game that is lagging behind in other areas is a priority.

They seem to have a distinction between content packs and expansions.
Content packs are unit models, music, and other minor stuff, while expansions add proper new features.

Awesome, very much looking forward to what Livy could add. Come on guys, do away with the negativity already, Imperator has come a long way and PDX and us are a family (we're right to hold them to a higher standard---and it got us good results---but hurtful pessimism is another thing in itself).

I wonder what the character experience and the less family more important centers of gravity means...

Also, shouldn't this content pack introduce elephant models for units? Also horses? I still feel sometimes missing not seeing elephants and horses marching on the map...

Good work PDX, keep your head up Johan, can't wait to see what this game will become in 1 year's time. It's my favorite Roman era RTS game by far!

One thing I would like to be seen, is the militar access of both Rome and Carthage in the Galic Tribes. There is not natural way to move the troops to Spain, or the Elephants crossing the alps.

Somenthing needs to be made. maybe a threat to the tribes to allow the great powers to pass with their armies, or suffer the ire of Rome.-

All of this sounds good.

I hope that the map updates include passes on cleaning up various map problems created by the new food and pop mechanics being tied so heavily to terrain, rivers, and ports.

• Family System Reworked: Fewer families to track, but great families are more important. Watch their fortunes rise and fall as they accumulate prestige.

? What will that really be? can the most prestigious families end up influencing events in your country? or less prestigious families trying to wrest influence from the most prestigious families? o_O

Hoping that Syracuse will get some love too, they're often looked over just because of the 2 big baddies that neighbour them.

Making this content pack free was a good call. Cicero put the game on the right path and not charging for stuff immediately afterward will build up that good will momentum. It's rough but faith needs to be restored.

Is this compatible with saves from Cicero? I started new campaign few days ago, and don´t now if install Punic Wars right now, or if first finish my let´s play.

Btw, every time I finish campaign I want quit for some thime but there come something new and I start new game. Its crazy if you think, I have already 261 hours played on GOG, the Witcher 3 is the only game I spend more time in my account with 750 hours, and at this ratio of updates I wouldn´t be surprised if in a couple of years I would achieve this number with Imperator. It´s only like 5-10 more let´s play LOL