LIVE - BATTLETECH Update 1.8 and Heavy Metal Paid Expansion Release Notes

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
IIRC, the cost of parts is set as needing 8 to complete a mech, not 3 or any other number of parts. Why hasn't HBS set the game to automatically reset the cost depending on the number of parts the player decides?
*shrugging emoji*
Maybe it's low on the priority of stuff to do...

IIRC, the cost of parts is set as needing 8 to complete a mech, not 3 or any other number of parts. Why hasn't HBS set the game to automatically reset the cost depending on the number of parts the player decides?
*shrugging emoji*
Maybe it's low on the priority of stuff to do...
That, or the simple concept turned out to be not-so-simple when looking at the code. Happens to me on a regular basis.

That, or the simple concept turned out to be not-so-simple when looking at the code. Happens to me on a regular basis.

I'm sub-contract so I almost always end up fixing long term evolved code. For me it's usually a case of finding what should be a simple concept has, in fact, been delivered as a bowl of random digital spaghetti.

Why are the Marauder weapon pods upside down? The PPC is clearly supposed to be above the medium lasers in basically all the art.
Those are the Davon Marauders.

DAVIONS!

Go figure... :shrug:

No kidding, RIGHT!

lol : )

*looks around for @Havamal

:rolleyes:

Nah. I pulled the medium lasers for a heat bank and a Double heatsink so I can fire for effect without pause.

20191123202705_1.jpg

Why are the Marauder weapon pods upside down? The PPC is clearly supposed to be above the medium lasers in basically all the art.
It probably just reflects the order the weapons were put in. If you've got a Marauder and the MLs are above the PPCs, try this: Strip both PPCs and MLs. Complete the refit. Now add the PPCs before the MLs, and complete that refit.

That should give you PPCs above MLs.

It probably just reflects the order the weapons were put in. If you've got a Marauder and the MLs are above the PPCs, try this: Strip both PPCs and MLs. Complete the refit. Now add the PPCs before the MLs, and complete that refit.

That should give you PPCs above MLs.

My marauders keep bein dumb and swapping the setup back, even after I go in and set it up. Whats worse is its going LL above the ML in one arm, and ML above the LL in the other.

My marauders keep bein dumb and swapping the setup back, even after I go in and set it up. Whats worse is its going LL above the ML in one arm, and ML above the LL in the other.
I found while trying to get a Thunderbolt to put the LRM-15 in the drum and the SRM-2 in the chest and not the other way around that I have to remove the weapons, save the loadout (i.e. complete the refit) and then go back and put them in the right order. Just rearranging them in one go doesn't seem to work.

Edit: I also know from MWO's MechLab that some weapons in that game at least had permanent "slot numbers" that were assigned the first time they were put in and nothing short of changing them out for another weapon would work. I don't think BATTLETECH works that way, but it might be worth a shot to try with another weapon of the same type if you have a particularly troublesome one.

My main issue with the Target Acquisition missions is that full drop weight gets punished by not or barely allowing heavies and assaults to get into position, despite that the size and/or capability of the local opfor required heavier tonnage to handle.

The timing was simply too fine on some maps, making me actively avoid TA contracts.

I was thinking that too, when I zoomed in on the Marauder to admire the modeling. All the art in the TROs, and all the official game art that I can recall clearly shows the heavier weapon hardpoint to be up in the widest part of the signature large vambraces on the mech.

My main issue with the Target Acquisition missions is that full drop weight gets punished by not or barely allowing heavies and assaults to get into position, despite that the size and/or capability of the local opfor required heavier tonnage to handle.

The timing was simply too fine on some maps, making me actively avoid TA contracts.

i have done a few TA missions since 1.8 and for me at least the revamp they did on this mission type makes them enjoyable to play.
i go in with 2 fast and 2 slow mechs and have had zero issues.

/sigh

She's beautiful! <3
Don't worry. There are more of them out there :)

Right now I'm in the hunt for the final 2 parts for a Rifleman.
Or at least I will be when I'm done work. :(

I'm playing through a fresh campaign.
Snagged a single piece of a rifleman last night, still hunting for my MAD

same...figured best to do this while wiating for mod support bugs to be worked out.

redid starting lance to do mostly unseen.....kept SHD but changed everything else;
ancestral mech - phx and then a ARC, ASN and VL

been finding pieces of good stuf....got a WHM that way..almost got a MAD (need 1 part) and need 2 parts for a RFL

loving it.....though i had no clue they redid the argo recovery mission and made the first bit ridiculously easy.

.....though i had no clue they redid the argo recovery mission and made the first bit ridiculously easy.
Spoilers, please. : )

Spoilers, please. : )

first off some of the structures are a bit different over all...or at least it seem to me that way.
second....instead of 2 hard to get to turret generators there is one that you can get line of sight on pretty much first round.
then instead of 2 groups of vees coming at ya you get one....only noticed 2 turrets but there may have been 4
not sure cuz the turrets all went bye-bye first round.
once you get in compound its all the same.
oh and was running on normal enemies.
also your starting point is different[/spolier]