LIVE - BATTLETECH Update 1.8 and Heavy Metal Paid Expansion Release Notes

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Have started a new Campaign since quite a time and it seems the game has gotten some nice optimizations, thx :)

What i find less impressive than in the former version is the Bombing of the Market in the Opening Mission (visuals + sound) and Missile Trails seem to have visually leaped backward to a way lesser and very unimpressive quality than before.

If i may buy the Heavy Metal DLC may depend on what Mods come available for it - as stand alone DLC it has no attraction to me - sp props for making it Mod friendly :)

regards
T.

Last edited:
Has anyone else noticed that increasing Guts no longer increases the amount of wounds you can take? I have verified this in three new game starts, 2 career mode and one story. Definitely annoys me since I am setting XP gain to minimum. It seems to be effecting everyone, including the commander.

Got the expansion and started a new Ironman campaign, pretty good so far. I am still trying to fit the COIL gun I got from the free crate onto my Assassin though, since the Assassin really needs some firepower.

Has anyone else noticed that increasing Guts no longer increases the amount of wounds you can take? I have verified this in three new game starts, 2 career mode and one story. Definitely annoys me since I am setting XP gain to minimum. It seems to be effecting everyone, including the commander.
Sorry but Health is working normally on this end. It might be a bug. :bow:

Got the expansion and started a new Ironman campaign, pretty good so far. I am still trying to fit the COIL gun I got from the free crate onto my Assassin though, since the Assassin really needs some firepower.
Good to see you @Ed Steele! :bow:

Yellow bird I see.
The gray dragon hides wisely.
Honor is duty.
Well played Good Sir, well played...

02BF48CD-DC7B-48B3-8361-61E9B7D9806F.gif

and Missile Trails seem to have visually leaped backward to a way lesser and very unimpressive quality than before.
Please report as a bug in the bug reports section. There's a least one other in there about this that I'm aware, and more users showing it's a issue helps get it fixed.

Yeah, I've reported a bug on it. It doesn't go show above 3 health in the barracks - but still shows the correct amount in combat. User MickorMack also reported that healing time from injuries is going off the value shown in barracks as well.

If i may buy the Heavy Metal DLC may depend on what Mods come available for it - as stand alone DLC it has no attraction to me - sp props for making it Mod friendly
Just to clarify: Official Mod Support is part of the free 1.8 update, not the Heavy Metal DLC.

Last night I spent quite a bit of time out toward the edge of the Periphery and bought myself enough pieces to salvage an Archer, an Annihilator and an ATLAS II (I’d squirreled away Cbills for a rainy day... a very, VERY rainy day! : ) )

I'm thinking for this run to lean more heavily towards C-Bills rather than salvage on contracts. I've already selected 'No rare salvage' so I'm already reliant on buying shiny goods anyway. May as well go all in and just mainly use what I can buy.

Still digesting all the new toys.

I like the snubbie. Not the same as the table top version, but I like the energy shotgun. About to start a new career mode, just finished a campaign mode that upgraded midway so I need to run that again.

Can't want for updated melee mover and attack line mods though :)

I would like to request a new in-mission event that chance increases the more Los tech you have to have a Star league Com Star hit squad come after you.

LOL, absolutely no joke, I DID have that happen in a mission last night.

Picked a contract that had me hunting down Pirates and a Comstar squad showed up. IDK if it was specifically Comstar or if the mission just picked Comstar as the 3rd army, but yeah.....they showed up, and it was annoying.

They all died all the same as the Pirates. I had just about enough of their Crabs and Enforcers plugging my mechs in the back while I fought the pirates.

LOL, absolutely no joke, I DID have that happen in a mission last night.

Picked a contract that had me hunting down Pirates and a Comstar squad showed up. IDK if it was specifically Comstar or if the mission just picked Comstar as the 3rd army, but yeah.....they showed up, and it was annoying.

They all died all the same as the Pirates. I had just about enough of their Crabs and Enforcers plugging my mechs in the back while I fought the pirates.
Excellent!

I had hoped COMSTAR would put in an appearance for HEAVY METAL.

I’ll be keeping my eyes open for that one. : )

ComStar as opponent used to be a thing before HM already. Had a contract vs Pirates and it turned out I had disturbed a joint Pirates-ComStar mission :D

ComStar as opponent used to be a thing before HM already. Had a contract vs Pirates and it turned out I had disturbed a joint Pirates-ComStar mission :D
Hah! Well how do you like that... COMSTAR’s been active all along!

Well that’s spooky it’s so darn spot on to Lore and Canon.

Well done HBS!

I’ve experienced the same thing now a couple times. The first time I came across them I bought all six pieces. And because this play-through is with Pieces of Three, I ended up with a brand new Anni and Atlas II. : )

I got an Annihilator the same way and while I had the money I actively chose to NOT buy several other high-end assaults at the career point I'm at (~90 days in)... The store price for complete mechs is fine, but the store price for parts is not very well balanced for the default 3-parts setting. That Annihilator cost me less than 3.5 million, and getting an Atlas-II from 3 parts is not a whole lot more.

I got an Annihilator the same way and while I had the money I actively chose to NOT buy several other high-end assaults at the career point I'm at (~90 days in)... The store price for complete mechs is fine, but the store price for parts is not very well balanced for the default 3-parts setting. That Annihilator cost me less than 3.5 million, and getting an Atlas-II from 3 parts is not a whole lot more.
Very true.
Hmm... I’ll have to include that Rule in my next Career play-through too. :bow: