LIVE - BATTLETECH Update 1.6 and Urban Warfare Paid Expansion Release Notes

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
It is mentiond in the Log, you have only to read correctly. And yes, you can get it in 2 Ways:

1. If you play the Maincampaign (Mainstory) you have to finish it first, then in the Flashpoints afterwards you will get it
2. You play the Timed Career Mode and get it in one of the first Flashpoints

That is an entirely reasonable guess, and as a venture, it may yet be profitable. However the response at least two of us got from GoG support was that they are "still waiting for the Developers to provide a working Linux build for the DLC."

Since the response from HBS initially was "we're just waiting on GoG", and the response from GoG was "waiting on the deveoloper", I'm a bit worried we are looping. Or more like, blocked in a multi-threaded whoops two threads are waiting on each other to clear the same flag eternally kind of way. Edit: Deadlock is the word I was looking for there. :)

So I've sent a response back to GoG support to let them know what HBS said, and I'm trying to make sure HBS knows what GoG said but the most appropriate feedback channel for that information is.... not clear. As of now I have yet to hear either side's statement in response to hearing the other side's statement.

GOG's customer support was incorrect and they've since apologized for the confusion as well as the delay. Nobody was waiting around; I was immediately aware of the issue and have been working closely together with GOG to resolve it, which we now have.

This is not a case of GOG deprioritizing Linux. Quite the contrary, as GOG recently released new backend tooling to make it easier to upload, manage, and deploy Linux builds (an important step if they ever want to get GOG Galaxy running on Linux). Unfortunately, with new tools comes new problems, but I expect future updates to go more smoothly as this new process becomes the norm.

why is the Raven mech not mentioned as an added mech, it was not in the game before ??? Can Players get the raven mech in the game ???
Oddly enough, the detailed update notes are ONLY for the free update, with no information about the Urban Warfare expansion other than the fact that it exists.

The expansion adds the Javelin (two variants) and Raven.

Is there some reason 1.6 is not available for download on Humble bundle? I was a backer of the game and got it as a direct download via humble bundle. last update to the download link is 3/20 with 1.5.1 being the download available for the windows version.
I also cant seem to get the paradox launcher to recognize that I have the game even though they are both on my comp. I think that question belongs in a different forum however. I log into my paradox account from the game just fine though.

Last edited:
Infinite load. Nice. Just bought Season Pass and got frustrated.
This should be fixed in 1.6.1 , just released.

Is there some reason 1.6 is not available for download on Humble bundle? I was a backer of the game and got it as a direct download via humble bundle. last update to the download link is 3/20 with 1.5.1 being the download available for the windows version.
You'll need to contact HB on that. In the past they have not released patches as such, you need to re-install the entire game.

I also cant seem to get the paradox launcher to recognize that I have the game even though they are both on my comp. I think that question belongs in a different forum however. I log into my paradox account from the game just fine though.
The Paradox client is only designed to show games purchased from Paradox or Steam, not GoG or HB or elsewhere. We have no way to sync our accounts with those places to confirm ownership.

Ahh ok I get you. funny thing I have the shadow hawk skin and have since preordering, still have no idea how to actually apply it in game, go figure.

In the mechlab, you can select alternate skins (when you have them)
You have to select the mech the skin can be applied to (so the Shadow Hawk for the Shadow Hawk skin)

Attachments

• skin selection.jpg
    skin selection.jpg
    468,2 KB · Views: 51
GOG's customer support was incorrect and they've since apologized for the confusion as well as the delay.
Thank you for that explanation.

Nobody was waiting around; I was immediately aware of the issue and have been working closely together with GOG to resolve it, which we now have.
Thank you for your efforts in bringing the issue to a close, they are appreciated. I hope my posts did not seem to imply that you were sitting idle; all I knew for certain was that I did not know what the current state of affairs was, and I was posting to mitigate the possibility that there were serious communications problems between GOG and HBS.

This is not a case of GOG deprioritizing Linux. Quite the contrary, as GOG recently released new backend tooling to make it easier to upload, manage, and deploy Linux builds (an important step if they ever want to get GOG Galaxy running on Linux). Unfortunately, with new tools comes new problems, but I expect future updates to go more smoothly as this new process becomes the norm.

Especially thank you for these additional details, it's good to know they are improving their tools for linux as well! :)

You'll need to contact HB on that. In the past they have not released patches as such, you need to re-install the entire game.

The Paradox client is only designed to show games purchased from Paradox or Steam, not GoG or HB or elsewhere. We have no way to sync our accounts with those places to confirm ownership.

Thank you for the response. As luck would have it HB updated the download link after I went to sleep today. So I feel kinda silly for posting this yesterday. Thank you also for the clear response on the launcher thing. I mostly wanted to register it there so that I could patch instead of re-downloading in the future. even If I would have had to re-downloaded it one more time. Thanks again for the quick response. Have a good day.

In the mechlab, you can select alternate skins (when you have them)
You have to select the mech the skin can be applied to (so the Shadow Hawk for the Shadow Hawk skin)

What I kind of would like is for the mech bay to be better lit so we can see the skins and patterns a lot better.

Why can't i use custom mechs in skirmish anymore? You've removed my favorite aspect of the game. Mech design has always been the best part of Battletech (I still own one of the original table top boxed sets). I don't think I will be buying "Heavy Metal" if this isn't fixed first.

Last edited:
@AndrewT or @HBS_CaptKerberos (or other HBS person)... any idea when the Paradox Launcher is going to be deploying 1.6.1? Looking in there, I see "version 1.6.0-539R1 up to date" so it looks like it received the hotfix but not the full 1.6.1 update.

@HBS_Comanche: by any chance, has either patch 1.6, 1.6.1 or UW DLC capped our mercenary outfit's MRB reputation to 1.000? :rolleyes:
It was as high as 1.165 in my last saved game dated May 31st, but immediately dropped to 1.000 as soon as I played the game again UW for the first time last Friday, June 7th.;)

1. If you get have the expansion but don't want to use ravens for example, can you turn them off?

2. Is this the new mech list or did is miss some of them?

UrbanMech UM-R60L
UrbanMech UM-R90
Banshee BNC-3S
Catapult CPLT-C4
Vindicator VND-1AA
BlackJack BJ-1DB
Hatchetman HCT-3X (For owners of the Flashpoint expansion only)
Raven RVN-1X
Fire Javelin JVN-10F
Javelin JVN-10N