LIVE - BATTLETECH Update 1.6 and Urban Warfare Paid Expansion Release Notes

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
after patch or no i dunno but i can't complete main mission compaign when with you got atlas ledy arano and need save alexandr, on 14 pass it does not transfer the course to the opponent

Attachments

• 20190606010555_1.jpg
    20190606010555_1.jpg
    412,4 KB · Views: 43
The title of the thread is "LIVE - BATTLETECH Update 1.6 and Urban Warfare Paid Expansion Release Notes".

"BATTLETECH Update 1.6"
- and -
"Urban Warfare Paid Expansion"

I really can't see that as being misleading.
to each their own than, imo it is since it purposely contains the word Paid in the title when it should be omitted imo to read instead
LIVE - BATTLETECH Update 1.6 and Urban Warfare Expansion Release Notes

to each their own than, imo it is since it purposely contains the word Paid in the title when it should be omitted imo to read instead
LIVE - BATTLETECH Update 1.6 and Urban Warfare Paid Expansion Release Notes

yeah, Urban Warfare Paid Expansion, it's self explanatory that an expansion would make the game version change so by highlight the Update 1.6 part that is not helpful because as I said the problem was the fact that the word PAID is in the title making it sound like it is only for paid stuff. Further is the that expansions released under Paradox Interactive that do include free content are never labeled using the Paid formatting that was used in this thread title strongly reinforcing the notion that the tread was only for people who purchased the DLC like the examples below.

Man the Guns Expansion Patch 1.6 Ironclad Live - Checksum 9513 (Not for problem reports)
Holy Fury Expansion Crusader Kings II - 3.0 Update is now live! (checksum PXTU - Not for Problem Reports)

I looked through these forums for a couple minutes before deciding to check this thread since I thought it was just the DLC notes and not the free stuff that was added [ Mod edit: Flamebait]

Last edited by a moderator:
If there wasn't some precedent for how the Flashpoint DLC and Career Mode update was added and revealed...

"LIVE - BATTLETECH Update 1.3, Flashpoint Expansion, and Localization Beta Release Notes"

... where the first text was:

Welcome to BATTLETECH 1.3! This release contains a number of quality-of-life improvements and bug fixes, as well as some cool new features. Today we'll also release the Flashpoint paid expansion and the Beta version of French, German, and Russian localizations.

Much like the first post here:

Welcome to BATTLETECH 1.6! This release contains a number of content additions, quality of life improvements, and optimizations, as well as some cool new features. We have also released the Urban Warfare paid expansion. Both 1.6 and Urban Warfare have French, German, and Russian localizations.

So, they were consistent with their message both times over their updates. Added to this is their updates for 1.4 and 1.5 . . . they've been consistent with their message.

Just playing the Prototype FP now, after finishing a new campaign for UW, and without giving spoilers, this is how content should be going forward, also have been lucky enough to get a couple battle+ drops along the way, and I LOVE THEM, having new objectives to do, and other house/lance interaction on the field is just what the game needed to make the contracts more interesting. Haven't done an attack and defend yet but looking forward to it. If all the new FP's are as neat as Prototype, very happy with this update. Thanks guys and gals. Enjoy folks.

Forgive my failure to take part in the reading comprehension lessons ( <---- joke!), but is Paradox painfully aware of the problem with the GOG versions of the linux 1.6 patch and UW dlc? In a nutshell, they don't exist. They don't seem to exist outside the nutshell either. Please look into it. Cheers! :)

Forgive my failure to take part in the reading comprehension lessons ( <---- joke!), but is Paradox painfully aware of the problem with the GOG versions of the linux 1.6 patch and UW dlc? In a nutshell, they don't exist. They don't seem to exist outside the nutshell either. Please look into it. Cheers! :)
From what I've seen with prior updates, I'd venture a guess that the holdup is on GoG's end. Basically, they seem to be focused entirely on GoG Galaxy these days, and support for anything else is spotty at best (though admittedly, at least spotty support is better than no support).

From what I've seen with prior updates, I'd venture a guess that the holdup is on GoG's end. Basically, they seem to be focused entirely on GoG Galaxy these days, and support for anything else is spotty at best (though admittedly, at least spotty support is better than no support).

That is an entirely reasonable guess, and as a venture, it may yet be profitable. However the response at least two of us got from GoG support was that they are "still waiting for the Developers to provide a working Linux build for the DLC."

Since the response from HBS initially was "we're just waiting on GoG", and the response from GoG was "waiting on the deveoloper", I'm a bit worried we are looping. Or more like, blocked in a multi-threaded whoops two threads are waiting on each other to clear the same flag eternally kind of way. Edit: Deadlock is the word I was looking for there. :)

So I've sent a response back to GoG support to let them know what HBS said, and I'm trying to make sure HBS knows what GoG said but the most appropriate feedback channel for that information is.... not clear. As of now I have yet to hear either side's statement in response to hearing the other side's statement.

Last edited:
That is an entirely reasonable guess, and as a venture, it may yet be profitable. However the response at least two of us got from GoG support was that they are "still waiting for the Developers to provide a working Linux build for the DLC."

Since the response from HBS initially was "we're just waiting on GoG", and the response from GoG was "waiting on the deveoloper", I'm a bit worried we are looping. Or more like, blocked in a multi-threaded whoops two threads are waiting on each other to clear the same flag eternally kind of way. Edit: Deadlock is the word I was looking for there. :)

So I've sent a response back to GoG support to let them know what HBS said, and I'm trying to make sure HBS knows what GoG said but the most appropriate feedback channel for that information is.... not clear. As of now I have yet to hear either side's statement in response to hearing the other side's statement.
Wait... exactly what file are you missing at this point?

Because the Linux version seems to be available for me:
BattleTech-Downloadable.png

Infinite load. Nice. Just bought Season Pass and got frustrated.

Don't use any Special Skins on the Mechs you want to take into the Mission (Valhalla, Umbra SDH, Atlas Backer Skin etc.).
This will cause the infinite Mission Loading. I heard the Special Campaign LosTech Highlander and maybe the Atlas II will
also cause this.

Had to roll back to 1.51 to finish a Mission my Ironman Save was in the middle of to Change Skins and then update again.

Don't use any Special Skins on the Mechs you want to take into the Mission (Valhalla, Umbra SDH, Atlas Backer Skin etc.).
This will cause the infinite Mission Loading. I heard the Special Campaign LosTech Highlander and maybe the Atlas II will
also cause this.

Had to roll back to 1.51 to finish a Mission my Ironman Save was in the middle of to Change Skins and then update again.

Do you mean that, after 1.6 Patch and UW downloads it's possible to get an infinite mission loading's soft-lock when including either Highlander HGN-732b or Atlas II AS7-D-HT, or that this issue might happen whenever we have such SLDF 'Mech ready in our Argo's 'Mech-Bays?

Do you mean that, after 1.6 Patch and UW downloads it's possible to get an infinite mission loading's soft-lock when including either Highlander HGN-732b or Atlas II AS7-D-HT, or that this issue might happen whenever we have such SLDF 'Mech ready in our Argo's 'Mech-Bays?

In my Campaign i don't have Special LosTech Mechs yet so i can't talk about those.

But i had a Shadowhawk and Locust from the Campaign Starting Lance in my Mechbay ready to go in the Valhalla Skin.
Loading into a Savegame on the Leopard/Argo works, but starting or loading into a Mission with those Mechs in those Skins got me inifintie Loading Screens.

I have both the SLDF Highlander and AS7-D-HT and haven't had one loading issue at all so far with UW and 1.6

I had issues with the very first city map I attempted . But none so far since.

The work around was effective for me. But I haven't seemed to need it so far since.

I have both the SLDF Highlander and AS7-D-HT and haven't had one loading issue at all so far with UW and 1.6
It's not the 'Mechs, it's the skins.

As far as I can tell, using any alternate skins, be it Valhalla, Umbra, or SBA can make the "preparing for combat" loading screen lock with a fast spinning loading indicator.

It's not the 'Mechs, it's the skins.

As far as I can tell, using any alternate skins, be it Valhalla, Umbra, or SBA can make the "preparing for combat" loading screen lock with a fast spinning loading indicator.
Ahh ok I get you. funny thing I have the shadow hawk skin and have since preordering, still have no idea how to actually apply it in game, go figure.