- Feb 23, 2018
No Javelin? Glad I didn't delete the Colo mod I've been using.
The realm rejoices as Paradox Interactive announces the launch of Crusader Kings III, the latest entry in the publisher’s grand strategy role-playing game franchise. Advisors may now jockey for positions of influence and adversaries should save their schemes for another day, because on this day Crusader Kings III can be purchased on Steam, the Paradox Store, and other major online retailers.
Welcome to BATTLETECH 1.6! This release contains a number of content additions, quality of life improvements, and optimizations, as well as some cool new features. We have also released the Urban Warfare paid expansion. Both 1.6 and Urban Warfare have French, German, and Russian localizations.
1.6 HIGHLIGHTS: Missed shots w/collateral damage, a free new encounter type, expanded star map, career mode improvements, and more… See details in the “New Free Features & Content” section below.
BATTLETECH: Urban Warfare expansion now available: Urban Warfare brings 'Mech combat to the vast cityscapes of the Inner Sphere! Electronic warfare, large-scale building destruction, environmental mechanics, two new BattleMechs, new enemy units, a new Attack and Defend encounter type, and more flashpoints make the urban sprawl a whole new battlefield.
Purchase the Season Pass to get a deal on all three BATTLETECH expansions (Urban Warfare, Flashpoint, and coming this winter, Heavy Metal)!
BATTLETECH update 1.6 and the Urban Warfare paid expansion are available now for Steam, GOG, and Paradox Plaza on Windows, Mac, and Linux platforms. Note for Paradox Plaza users: After purchase of the Urban Warfare expansion, you will need to be logged in within the game in order to see Urban Warfare content.
Where to find your new Urban Warfare paid expansion content: Our new urban environments can be easily found using the star map biome filter noted below. The Raven BattleMech, along with its electronic warfare suite of components can be found in the Prototype flashpoint, which is the first flashpoint available during Career Mode or after the Restoration campaign. The Javelin BattleMech will appear in enemy lances throughout the game and its partial salvage can be found in some stores. Contracts for our new Attack and Defend encounter type can be found throughout the game.
We hope you enjoy our latest BATTLETECH releases!
IMPORTANT: Additional note for players who mod various game files… Reminder that modding is not officially supported. If you have saved a game with any mod active, that saved game will not work after an update has been applied unless you replace all modded files exactly as they were when the save game file was created. Saved games require the exact same data state in order to function properly.
As always, if you experience further issues please contact Customer Support at: https://support.paradoxplaza.com
New Free Features & Content
- Star Map Upgrade - We've added 50 new systems to the Star Map, expanding it toward the more populated areas of the Inner Sphere. The Star Map also now features the ability to filter by biome and difficulty, and will indicate which systems you've already visited. Navigating the periphery has never been easier!
- Battle+ Encounter Type - We’ve updated our Battle encounter to bring more variety and fun to the battlefield! Battle+ includes a bunch of surprises including optional secondary objectives, and allies for friendly and enemy teams.
- Stray Shots and Collateral Damage - The battlefield is more dangerous than ever! Stray shots now have the chance to hit nearby buildings - and you won’t want one of your units standing on one when it collapses. In addition, stray shots have the chance to hit nearby enemies in the line of fire. This is true for the opposing force too, so watch your spacing. Note that this feature is not available in multiplayer.
- More Mech Variants
- UrbanMech UM-R60L - The same walking trashcan, sporting an AC20.
- UrbanMech UM-R90 - The 'Suburban Mech', a more energy-efficient war machine.
- Banshee BNC-3S - Slower, but packing far more guns of varying ranges.
- Catapult CPLT-C4 - Sporting dual LRM-20s to make it rain (death).
- Vindicator VND-1AA - Half the armor, twice the speed.
- BlackJack BJ-1DB - The Large Lasers on this variant can keep firing all day.
- Hatchetman HCT-3X (For owners of the Flashpoint expansion only) - Featuring SRMs, lasers, and Machine Guns to shred opponents at close range.
- New Events and Event Chains - More free events have been added to the game, including events that lead to other events. Now your decisions have short-term and long-term consequences.
- Added the option to start your career with a randomized roster of ‘Mechs (defaults to ON)
- Individual difficulty settings now modifies your career score.
- More missions per star system
- Objective regions or avoidance zones are now color-coded with added call-out labels
- Secondary objectives are smaller to better distinguish from primary objectives
- Added team heraldry to unit call-outs
- Added team heraldry to targeting HUD
- Status floaties adjusted for less flag overlap
- Team-specific turn indicator shows above combat HUD so you know who you are waiting on
Bugfixes & Improvements
Over 1000 bugfixes and minor improvements! Here are a few examples from issues called out by the BT community...
- Dramatically reduced the Black Market price penalty for making pirates an enemy
- Contracts now display a more accurate difficulty rating
- A variety of Event bug fixes to remove Typos, Error Messages, and unfulfilled Rewards
- Fixed an issue in which combat saves reset Coolant Vent cool down time
- Company morale now affects whether certain MechWarriors can be hired
- Added more biome variety in procedural missions
- Fixed an issue with the Financial Expenditure Level changing unexpectedly and/or not respecting players’ selections
- Fixed an issue in which stores might occasionally display negatives costs of items
- Fixed Assassinate contracts that were not auto-completed after the user destroyed all enemy units
- Fixed some data loss issues for 'Mechs in the Mechbay
- Fixed an issue that caused a random 'Mech to disappear in the Mechbay
- Fixed an issue in which a readied Mech in the MechBay would overwrite an existing 'Mech if the latter was moved manually to a different slot
- Fixed Battlemaster BLR-1G's and Trebuchet TBT-5N's left arm hardpoints that caused weapon overlap issues
- Fixed an issue in which negotiated pay and salvage levels for travel contracts would irrevocably reset upon arrival at the destination
- Fixed achievement unlocking issues and descriptions that didn't match career mode scoring
Known Issues (to be fixed asap)
- A small amount of localized text has extraneous formatting. This does not affect readability.
- A small amount of new text is not localized.
- Some buildings (<1%) cannot be destroyed (Urban Warfare expansion only).
- In the Difficulty settings, the “Restore Defaults” button does not work correctly and saves changes instead.
- We believe we have a temporary fix for the AkSoundEngine.dll crash that some players have reported but we cannot reproduce this crash internally or through any of our external test groups. Thus, we are leaving it on the Known Issues list until we hear back from the community. A permanent and more robust fix is being investigated for an upcoming release.
It is possible to revert to past versions of our game in case you have trouble with this update. For more platform specific information go to our forums at: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...rollback-to-a-previous-patch-version.1112335/
Note that this feature is not available in multiplayer.
NEW MECHS! AWESOME! I just wish the Zeus 6T and Cataphract 2X were on the list as well. *shrugs* always next expansion.
Yeah I have been having problems with norton the only way i can get updates to download properly is to deactivate norton
The title of the thread is "LIVE - BATTLETECH Update 1.6 and Urban Warfare Paid Expansion Release Notes".The title of this thread is misleading. You make it sound like ONLY Paid DLC update is in this post when it also contains the free 1.6 update info