LIVE - BATTLETECH 1.9 Update Release Notes

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Did you use an especially high powered machine?

Did you use Twitch?

Anthing advice? I want to stream some games but haven’t had time quite yet.

Well, there's a few things. Note, I'm not an expert on any of this stuff, just someone who managed to succeed in a beginner's level outing. (Which is probably more helpful to you.) For better advice, you should hit up Edmon or someone else. (I wonder what systems the HBS folk were using for running their game during their streams!)

Streaming a game really relies a lot on getting a good solid connection for one half of it... and basically having a machine which can reasonably off-load some of its power to the encoding process. OBS is the program I use, and I stream to Twich, because both are free and simple to get started with. (Of course I could always sit down with someone experienced and tweak the settings to eke out the best performance but that's another thing.) I had a laptop which was donated graciously to me - an ASUS Republic of Gamers G75VW model - which when given a wifi adapter and allowed to start up fresh? Worked rather well for about 2-3 hours before the workload would require me to give it a break, as the encoding started dropping frames rapidly.

The homebrew system I made is based around a Ryzen 5 and an older video card (Radeon R9 280 3 GB TurboDuo) and using PC Part Picker to fill in what parts would work. (Though in the process I learned a bit about it, my brother is making the next one to be a bit more flashy and higher-powered.) It has streamed for 6 hours and not really done much - but I need to be careful the rest of the family isn't streaming something on the Playstation 4, or other stuff, because it affects my connection just a tad.

Thank you @Kereminde, I am only now getting caught up on the forum... : )

Hi. Can someone tell me if the "A Career Unheard of in Over Two Centuries" achievement was fixed in update 1.9? As of update 1.3, prior to update 1.9, it is not possible to get this achievement, since the upper limit of the career mode score was 770,015

Hi. Can someone tell me if the "A Career Unheard of in Over Two Centuries" achievement was fixed in update 1.9? As of update 1.3, prior to update 1.9, it is not possible to get this achievement, since the upper limit of the career mode score was 770,015
As far as I know, that one is still unattainable. @mjbroekman's Career Scoring Guide lists the current max score as 770,016, with Kerensky rank 760,000+. The Steam achievement seems to be 784,000 still.

As far as I know, that one is still unattainable. @mjbroekman's Career Scoring Guide lists the current max score as 770,016, with Kerensky rank 760,000+. The Steam achievement seems to be 784,000 still.

since BattleTech development has been sunset, is it unlikely that this achievement bug will ever be dealt with?

since BattleTech development has been sunset, is it unlikely that this achievement bug will ever be dealt with?

It can most still be attained just my editing one or more entries for points awarded.

It can most still be attained just my editing one or more entries for points awarded.

I really don't want to cheese it through such a fashion, but...

I received this achievement on steam with the Kerensky rank of 764 after the 1.9 update. Before the 1.9 update, I was not able to get this achievement. But this is a bug or achievement fixed in update 1.9 no one can answer me. The support team didn't respond and sent me here.

I really don't want to cheese it through such a fashion, but...

thats what i thought but if you are one of those types who needs to go after every achievement (i am as long as it doesnt involve pvp)
this is a possible solution since HBS has had to abandon this game for other things.
and you only have to do it for one playthru....
for me thats a drop in the bucket tme wise for someone with more then 2000 hours played...
i can live with that.

thats what i thought but if you are one of those types who needs to go after every achievement (i am as long as it doesnt involve pvp)
this is a possible solution since HBS has had to abandon this game for other things.
and you only have to do it for one playthru....
for me thats a drop in the bucket tme wise for someone with more then 2000 hours played...
i can live with that.

I mean, I'm that type, but I really don't necessarily like to just "hack in" achievements. I've done close once when it started getting obvious I couldn't do it legitimately, and even then I fidget quite a bit.

I mean, I'm that type, but I really don't necessarily like to just "hack in" achievements. I've done close once when it started getting obvious I couldn't do it legitimately, and even then I fidget quite a bit.

i getcha...and i waited patiently for HBS to fix it.
but since they no longer support the game actively there is really no hope for that to happen now
so i went ahead and 'fixed' it and once gotten will return everything back to normal.

i mean i guess maybe one of the modders might fix it...but i doubt it.

to each his own....no worries

i getcha...and i waited patiently for HBS to fix it.
but since they no longer support the game actively there is really no hope for that to happen now
so i went ahead and 'fixed' it and once gotten will return everything back to normal.

i mean i guess maybe one of the modders might fix it...but i doubt it.

to each his own....no worries

Part of me is sure it was on the list of things to fix, but when looking at a list of things they could get done it kept getting pushed back in favor of other things. One year in retail management taught me there's a lot of time-juggling where you simply have to prioritize what you know you can get done or what you simply must get done.

Or as I dryly put it: "Procrastinating with wisdom."

Personally? I'm thinking there might come a time HBS has a couple people doing free-time projects on this and can surprise us with a patch. But then again, that's my optimism talking through the hole in the quarantine containment unit :)