LIVE - BATTLETECH 1.9.1 Update Release Notes

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HBS_L8Knight

Private
1 Badges
Jan 11, 2019
  • Harebrained Schemes Staff
Thank you for playing BATTLETECH! Release 1.9.1 is now available on Steam and GoG. Other platforms will release as soon as possible. The main areas of improvement are: a fix for crash-on-exit, a fix for the debug console, improved error handling, updates to the mod support readme, several mod support fixes, and a small number of visual map fixes.

Release 1.9.1 Notes, 02/25/2020

Fixes
  • Fixed an issue where under certain circumstances the game did not exit cleanly after saving
  • Fixed an instance of a visible debug string showing in place of a percentage value in the After Action Report and during some events
  • The mod support readme has been updated:
  • Fixed an issue where mod names were displayed twice in the tooltip on the mod panel
  • Fixed an issue where one mod was not displayed in the list of required mods in the ‘Mods are missing or not enabled’ prompt
  • Fixed a date issue that would have prevented Paradox accounts from being created under certain conditions
  • The debug console, build number widget, and combat debug options can now be evoked when using their corresponding shortcut combinations
  • Fixed several visual map bugs
Roll Back

It is possible to revert to past versions of our game in case you have trouble. For more platform specific information go to our forums at: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...rollback-to-a-previous-patch-version.1112335/

As always, if you experience further issues please contact Customer Support at: https://support.paradoxplaza.com

• 2Like
Reactions:
Did the bug with failing to delete saved games get fixed? I remember that was on the list of possible fixes.

And is this (expected to be) the last patch?

If so, thanks for all the hard work over the last few years!

Did the bug with failing to delete saved games get fixed? I remember that was on the list of possible fixes.

From the 1.9 patch thread.

Fixed an issue that prevented some players from being able to delete their GOG saves=

The last feature patch was 1.9. From here on out there will only be bug-fix patches (of which 1.9.1 is the first).

"Fixed an instance of a visible debug string showing in place of a percentage value in the After Action Report and during some events"
This still exists...

Are you going to implement a fix for the "Tag Team"-contract bug?
I described it in the bug section in detail.

I did not know there was a 1.91 patch yet and started the game by accident earlier today (clicked on wrong icon). When I exited the game it froze and I had to use End Task to close the game. May only be a one time deal. If it happens again then I will do a bug report.

Never posted in here before, but been a backer since day 1 and with more than 1700 Hours in that game. Thanks to the team for an awesome title, and please.....BATTLETECH 2 !;) (Hopeful Thinking)

Just a moment after Sunset, huh? : )

Excellent and to me an unexpected patch. Thank you Team HBS, thank you for all the BATTLETECH Big and Stompy these last 4-plus years. :bow:

Warning to users, new patch breaks the game entirely for persons using the old Steam UI. Talking with support presently.

EDIT: support confirmed no assistance will be given to users with the old Steam UI. As this is the only game I am aware of with an issue, I believe the developers have added telemetry.

Last edited:
Per paradox employee:

AndrewT (Paradox Interactive)

Mar 22, 05:11 CET

I am sorry but we are not going to be able to provide either of those things.

We only support and test games with the current Steam client version. We cannot expend support and developer resources retrofitting new game versions to run under old Steam versions. In this case presumably Steam changed their APIs in the new client and HBS changed the game to detect to those APIs accordingly, so it does not see the obsolete APIs in the old client ("InvalidOperationException").

I don't believe there is anything you can manually edit to change that. It would be hard-coded in the game, not in a .json file or something like that.

Please pay close attention to "HBS changed the game to detect to those APIs accordingly" as the old Steam UI worked just fine until this patch and all other games work just fine as well. The addition of the new API monitoring code breaks the game. As this code is irrelevant, it is nothing but telemetry.

EDIT: Game breaks via altered "black screen of death". There are menu options, but no background image and game is unable to start. You can access options menu.