• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm curious to know when the crashing on macOS will be fixed? Since 1.8.1 was released, I've been unable to play. Played fine on 1.8.

64G of RAM, SSD, Lowest graphics settings with a 2015 Retina 17" iMac. To me, this appears to be a 32bit execution in a 64bit only system (Catalina).

Just out of curiousity have you completely purged and reinstalled Battletech since moving to Catalina?
I ask this because I played both 1.8 and pre Catalina on a way lower spec machine than yours (2015 13" macBook Pro) with a cooler pad and it was playable in vanilla without issues.
I have now got a 2019 13" macBook Pro, probably still lower spec in a lot of regards as it has no video card, I got it after 1.8 shipped I think so it never had any legacy bits sitting around, I have upgraded it to Catalina and Battletech has still run without issues (although I still use my stand with the fans when I play and I have been using Macs Fan Control to wind the fans up).

HBS created code that breaks the game in vanilla and with mods
i expect them to fix it.
hopefully 1.9 does so.
Well... actually that doesn't necessarily follow. I believe Unity was updated right around that time, so while the core issue isn't with the mods, it might not be with HBS code either.

Not that it makes any difference as far as it hopefully being fixed in 1.9 (they may be able to do a work-around even if it isn't in their code), but sometimes there's not a lot that can be done about these things even by experts. And of course, yes... it could be an issue in their code, in which case it ought to be possible to look at what changed and see where the problem is.

Well, my Steam install just crap'd all over it's self. Fail a file consistency check. Fix is a full reinstall according to Steam ..yea sure why not. Things like this is why I went and got Fiber Optic.

Prolly nothing to do with the patch. Isn't computer gaming and the zen of computer maintenance fun? No? Awwwww! Lesson from the 70's, early computers and dealing with high tech ew systems in the USAF. If it's not working, get things to default software install and start over because it often takes less time to fix that way. If it still doesn't work then you got a real problem. We called this "Troubleshooting".... If your computer operates too fast, just install an operating system, it'll slow right down for ya. 1.4 Gig to go.. whooo hoo!

I'll give ya real feed back as soon as I get back to that point. I'll have to check my Paradox launcher install too.

upload_2020-3-9_21-28-0.png

That top Windows patch might be mislabeled since it has the same name as the one below it. The 1.8.1 patch should be available. If it isn't, it may be a GOG issue as they tend to lag a bit on the manual patches. You can also contact Paradox support. You are unlikely to get official assistance posting here, since this isn't a bug support thread.

How to: Tech Support/Bug Reports

That top Windows patch might be mislabeled since it has the same name as the one below it. The 1.8.1 patch should be available. If it isn't, it may be a GOG issue as they tend to lag a bit on the manual patches. You can also contact Paradox support. You are unlikely to get official assistance posting here, since this isn't a bug support thread.

How to: Tech Support/Bug Reports
FYI if GoG choose not to supply an older game version, that's on them - we don't have it and can't make them. Please contact their support on that. Most likely it's an oversight there.

Additional note on latest patches..

Was it the intent to have MG+ and MG++ weight nothing? a .5 ton weapons with a modifier that reduces its tonnage by 0.5 tons....?????

I've been exploiting the hell out of this myself.. good thing this wasn't made as a multi player game....