• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HBS_L8Knight

Private
1 Badges
Jan 11, 2019
  • Harebrained Schemes Staff
Thank you for playing BATTLETECH! Release 1.8.1 is now available for users on Steam and GoG. Other platforms will release as soon as possible. The main areas of improvement are: UI, visual effects, and mod support. The previously released LBX2 ammo fix has been replicated across all platforms.

Release 1.8.1 Notes, 12/10/2019

UI
  • Fixed an issue where the weapon hover panel didn’t update COIL damage and heat correctly
  • Fixed an issue where Thumper heat did not preview correctly
  • FIxed an issue that caused a black screen to occur when loading a save after going bankrupt
  • Fixed an issue where entering the Main Menu after bankruptcy did not end the previous session
  • Fixed an issue where a black screen could occur if the Store panel was open while loading a save file or returning to the Main Menu and then loading another save file
  • The “Mechwarrior Info Panel” no longer caps at showing three as the maximum number of injuries
Visual Effects
  • Rubble is now consistently applied when destroying buildings on urban maps
  • Missile trail visual effects have been restored
Mod Support
  • Fixed an issue where asset bundles were failing to load
  • Fixed an issue with the Mod loader merging .csv files
  • The overlay for save states made with mods is now present when mods are disabled or deleted
  • Fixed an issue with loading external assets
  • Fixed load ordering for DynamicEnum data
  • Mods that fail to load now show up in the mod list screen
  • Removed mods no longer show up as loaded on the mod list screen
  • Mod dependencies are now multilayer aware
  • Mod loader logging is now on by default
  • Note the updates to the mod support readme:
Other
  • Fixed an issue with Unity pathing related to Apple Notarization
  • Fixed an issue where the AI displayed an assert toast message if the ally convoy unit had no ‘Mechs within its range
  • Fixed a problem that prevented players from registering a new Paradox account
Known Issues
  • Removing a mod does not remove its entries from the MDD, players can delete the cache file manually
Roll Back
It is possible to revert to past versions of our game in case you have trouble. For more platform specific information go to our forums at: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...rollback-to-a-previous-patch-version.1112335/

As always, if you experience further issues please contact Customer Support at: https://support.paradoxplaza.com

I'm away on a business trip for the remainder of the week, thus I can't check for myself.

Did the bug regarding the MechWarrior injury time not being consistent with the end of battle screen, get addressed? For me, the end of battle screen might state 17 days in the med bay but they end up being out of action for 23 days.

@Dakk.

I'm pretty sure I was right that the bug was actually the health on a pilot's profile not showing correctly, therefore the system would process the health recovery time based on the error, and not as was stated in the after mission report.

Testing required...

@HBS.. thank you for the fix.

Other issues of concern are:

1. No secondary objectives being applied on Recovery mission in regards to rescuing the operative with a heart monitor.

2. No audio during campaign cutscenes.

3. Serious framerate loss when dropships come in to unload mechs, especially if you have one with ECM equipped. This includes drop pods on urban maps.

4. Kamea not showing the proper pilot skills in the pilot bar in campaign missions.

5. Vendors no longer sell basic weapons in normal star systems. It's always, always ammo and machine guns.

Some things I want/would love to have:

Randomized mechs at the start of the main campaign.
Allowed to select my own starting ancestral mech (or randomized, including Star League medium mechs).
Being able to select a pilot voice instead of the computer voice WITHOUT the need to install a bunch of mods to do that very same thing.

Last edited:
Great patch and timely too!

Thanks for keeping HEAVY METAL ; BATTLETECH running as smoothly as possible on as many machines as possible! : )

Was right near the end of the Unwelcome Guests FP. After the patch it ends just fine up until you get to the rewards screen. Reward window never opens and it shows that it would pay me 999.99.999999 Cbills and add +900% to my Merc rating if the reward window did open to complete the FP.

Was right near the end of the Unwelcome Guests FP. After the patch it ends just fine up until you get to the rewards screen. Reward window never opens and it shows that it would pay me 999.99.999999 Cbills and add +900% to my Merc rating if the reward window did open to complete the FP.
How to file a bug report

Our Lord Commander, who art in the Dropship, hallowed be thy name, please let this version run well on my MacBook Pro, unlike 1.8.0 which turned to total butt after a few minutes, amen.

Did the bug regarding the MechWarrior injury time not being consistent with the end of battle screen, get addressed? For me, the end of battle screen might state 17 days in the med bay but they end up being out of action for 23 days.

Following to see responses. Once that's been tested by someone then I can start my new campaign. :)

I'm away on a business trip for the remainder of the week, thus I can't check for myself.

Following to see responses. Once that's been tested by someone then I can start my new campaign. :)
MECHWARRIORS tab still shows wrong number of wounds (always 3), so my guess is no.

Our Lord Commander, who art in the Dropship, hallowed be thy name, please let this version run well on my MacBook Pro, unlike 1.8.0 which turned to total butt after a few minutes, amen.

Ahh so it wasn't just me? The game took a complete dive on my Mac Pro after 1.8.0 (Im still on Mojave, no Catalina for me). Takes a good minute or two before Im finally off the desktop and the credits start to load. The game itself isn't too bad once its up but Ive only finished up the one flashpoint my save game was in the middle of. Haven't done any new contracts yet. Just takes forever to even get to the title screen to start. GOG Galaxy just finished updating me so better go check this one out now.

MECHWARRIORS tab still shows wrong number of wounds (always 3), so my guess is no.
Correction, after a battle the number of wounds updated and is now correct. Forgot to compare wound recovery time between post-mission report and actual, but the actual I got now i 20 days on Leopard, while previously it was always 27, so seems it works now.

What kind of MacBook Pro are you using?
I am on a 2019 MacBook Pro 13 and it runs okay for me, however one thing I did note is the thermals don't deal well with the graphics chip being pushed hard.
I pretty much resolved this with a cooler that the laptop sits on, it has movable USB powered fans (which I run off a phone charger), so I positioned one right under the back right corner.
It helped a lot, although in fact just lifting the back of the laptop a cm or so to allow the bottom to better disipate heat does a lot as well.

2019 MacBook Pro 15. I've tried running it with a double heat sink as well ;) and same issue. Runs fine for a few minutes, just enough time to get into a contract, then performance quickly goes to hell. Usually, I can still force-quit the game from the OS.

2019 MacBook Pro 15. I've tried running it with a double heat sink as well ;) and same issue. Runs fine for a few minutes, just enough time to get into a contract, then performance quickly goes to hell. Usually, I can still force-quit the game from the OS.
Would be interesting to have some diagnostic tool open when you run the game. I'm no Mac user, so I can't recommend a specific app, but you would want one that could keep tabs on heat levels, memory used, and CPU load at least.

It could probably help you (and in extension HBS) narrow down what is causing the issues.

Sometimes help open the computer and do some dust cleaning / replacing the thermal paste in the CPU / cleaning the fan on the graphic card. In Battletech terms - do maintenance in the heat sinks.
That is better be done by someone proficient in that mater, of-course.

yup, what you've got here is the old stock davion thermal paste. everyone knows that's pure garbage, i wouldn't use it on a spider unless i wanted to kill dekker with it. i happen to have some Star League era paste in the back, got hold of it when it fell off a truck on Belleraphon. i can sell you enough to get this old girl running cool as a cucumber for 20k c-bills, whadya say? i'll even throw in some free ba-eleven-hundred-n units on your left torso, free of charge.

yup, what you've got here is the old stock davion thermal paste. everyone knows that's pure garbage, i wouldn't use it on a spider unless i wanted to kill dekker with it. i happen to have some Star League era paste in the back, got hold of it when it fell off a truck on Belleraphon. i can sell you enough to get this old girl running cool as a cucumber for 20k c-bills, whadya say? i'll even throw in some free ba-eleven-hundred-n units on your left torso, free of charge.
You had me until the ba-eleven-hundred-n Units!

Everybody knows those aren’t worth the effort without attached Sierra Tango rings!

Come on now. : )

Hmm biggest difference between our machines is you have discrete graphics and I have onboard, yours should be better than mine not worse! :)
I do play pretty low res though (1440 I think) and with only a couple of effects turned on, otherwise everything set to pretty low settings.
These Apple chassis really do have pretty crap thermals though!

The game has slowed down for me since Heavy Metal and the 1.8.1 update hasn't helped. Especially laggy is the transfer to/from battle.
I've already tried reducing in-game settings, so now I think I'm just too close to minimum system requirements.
I'm running a AMD FX 6300 six-core processor w/ 8 GB of DDR3 RAM and a AMD Radeon R7 240 graphics card.
Can anyone tell me if I need more RAM, a new graphics card, or both?

Thanks in advance.