• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

HBS_L8Knight

Private
1 Badges
Jan 11, 2019
  • Harebrained Schemes Staff
Thank you for playing BATTLETECH! A fix for an issue impacting LBX2 ammo is now available for Steam (Win/Linux only) and GOG Galaxy (Win only). Note: the game version number will not change with this update. Due to technical limitations, other platforms will release later as part of a game version update including a larger set of fixes. This update addresses a single issue which affected the function of LBX2 ammo.

Release 1.8.0 LBX2 Ammo Fix Update Notes, 11/25/2019

From the Community

• Fixed an issue with LBX2 ammo which prevented it from being usable in the ‘Mech Lab
Roll Back
It is possible to revert to past versions of our game in case you have trouble. For more platform specific information go to our forums at: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...rollback-to-a-previous-patch-version.1112335/

As always, if you experience further issues please contact Customer Support at: https://support.paradoxplaza.com

ya thanx for this...i bought a buynch not knowing about bug....then saw i didnt have any and bought more....
so when this fix came out i checked and ya.....i have ALOT of 2x ammo now...LOL

I'm on the linux/GoG version (and thus, no GOG Galaxy and hence no patch) and just wanted to share a semi-usable workaround:

1) Fly to a system that sells lbx2 ammo.
2) Go to the mech bay and click to re-fit the mech you want to mount the ammo on.
3) Click the check store button from within the refit interface.
4) Purchase a ton of lbx2 ammo.
5) Close the store interface, returning to the fitting screen.
6) Scroll down to the bottom of the ballistic weapons category and find the single ton of ammo you bought.
7) Mount it on your mech.
8) Repeat steps 3-7 as needed.

For whatever reason, this works. But any lbx-2 ammo you bought in the past won't be visible/usable within the mech fitting screen, and if you leave the fitting screen (without mounting the ammo) the new stuff will disappear as well.

I haven't tried this myself, but I strongly suspect that the patch is available but mislabeled due to the GOG infrastructure getting confused by the fact that the version number was not changed for this update. (Serious oversight there, HBS.)

In the downloads section, there are two patches listed to upgrade 1.7.1-598R to 1.8.0-629R. The older patch is a 1.9GB download, while the newer one is 2MB. Clearly the size of that new one is not even remotely plausible as a major update, but it's entirely plausible as a fix for one detail. Try downloading that patch and applying it and see if it fixes the problem.

In the downloads section, there are two patches listed to upgrade 1.7.1-598R to 1.8.0-629R. The older patch is a 1.9GB download, while the newer one is 2MB. Clearly the size of that new one is not even remotely plausible as a major update, but it's entirely plausible as a fix for one detail. Try downloading that patch and applying it and see if it fixes the problem.

Thank you for the suggestion, @ronhatch ! However the patches you are talking about are for the windows version, and I suspect the vast bulk of windows users are on Galaxy anyway (could be useful to people who refuse to use Galaxy for whatever reason, of course).

The linux version has zero patches available, not two.

Thank you for the suggestion, @ronhatch ! However the patches you are talking about are for the windows version, and I suspect the vast bulk of windows users are on Galaxy anyway (could be useful to people who refuse to use Galaxy for whatever reason, of course).

The linux version has zero patches available, not two.
Well, shoot... I looked at the list while on my Linux system, so I expected it to be the Linux patches. Turns out GOG is one of those sites that doesn't autodetect based on the browser version information (or one of the privacy plug-ins I've got installed blocked it).

One of the reasons I backed the project in the first place was Linux support, but it's disappointing how badly supported Linux is. I still play on my Windows gaming system just for the sake of the achievements. Not that any of it seems to be the fault of HBS, but I do wish that GOG would get their act together. It's almost enough to re-think my preference of GOG over Steam. Though at least GOG provides off-line installers.

I do wish that GOG would get their act together. It's almost enough to re-think my preference of GOG over Steam. Though at least GOG provides off-line installers.
If I replied to that in full it would go way off topic, suffice it to say that I am (sadly, reluctantly) planning on going back to steam for future purchases because of how badly GoG handles linux. Agreed that it's not the fault of HBS or Paradox.